Whats your education?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#81 notsu100

notsu100

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Quite interesting to see that many of us are not actually studied graphic design. Actually I am also one of those. At the moment I'm studying BA Foreign Languages and Business Administration.
Graphic design has been my hobby for many years and luckily over the time it has become also my job which I really enjoy. I have been a self learner (reading design related books and of course internet has been my other teacher).

#82 SarahD094

SarahD094

Banned

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'm currently a college student hoping to study Graphic Design in September at university.

#83 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:02 AM

Hey! Did anyone go to RISD? I graduated from there in '91. Good school. What they taught us then is a lot different than the work you see now.

So, The Rhode Island School of Design is possibly the finest Graphc Design School in America.

Their graduates are unlikely to be working crowd source contests.

That parchment will get you through the doors of any agency and/or studio in the country.

I hired some big design schools grads (not RISD) back in the 1980s. Unfortunately, they were not yet teaching any computer courses.

I hired them as pasteup artists, after a year they could get real design jobs because they proved that they could show up and work.

Art graduates did not have a great reputation for taking instruction or work reliability.

Now, i think the big agencies look at interns for future hiring.

(though trained as "architects" they worked hands on as "carpenters."

Talking to a few years later, they said it was good training.

• PrismaCreative likes this

#84 Emanuele_Walter

Emanuele_Walter

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:45 AM

Graphic Design degree at Accademia di Belle Arti di Catania, plus more experience in digital arts (game graphics/pixel-art, music composition, illustration/drawing, coding on different freeware engines) individually developed.

Before the degree at the academy I studied accounting, though, at a local high school in Ragusa, as it was the only school whose lessons were close to what I was looking for (computers, information technology and similar subjects...).

I also worked for a game softwarehouse in Catania, but now I only make indie videogames which I release for free on my site, while I prefer to make design as my job.

#85 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:49 AM

A while ago  it became apparent that a really fine design talent needed Illustrator/Photohops skills to succeed.

Now, talented designers need to have great coding skills as well.

It is clear that the success for talented people is going to require an ever larger skill set.

It is a moving target.

I see no end to it.

Evan small town local designers will be eaten alive by "Amazon" level design studios.

You need to be extremely talented, serious and intelligent to compete.

Sophisticated piracy, stock art and artificial intelligence will be a continous concern.

As such, I do not recommend graphic design as a college major.

Only the super stars in your class are evan likely to partially recover the cost of education.

Your completion is Google, Facebook and Chinese intelectual property pirates.

Sorry if this seems unduly pessimistic, but young designers need a really big plan "B".

There, I said it. I really did not want today such to tis audience on this forum.

I had really hoped for more hope. It is not on the horizon.

• senadneslan_juventus and PrismaCreative like this

#86 Marissa_May

Marissa_May

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

I study medecine but I am fond of arts, music (learning piano) and photography :o  

#87 Marissa_May

Marissa_May

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:51 AM

anyone from the linguistic university here?

#88 edwarrdnorton

edwarrdnorton

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 02:08 PM

I am currently studying at the Faculty of History. Friends, need help writing good trustworthy paper.

#89 edwarrdnorton

edwarrdnorton

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:22 PM

Thank you for the answer, it will help me a lot. Tell me please, do you know how to write a research proposal correctly? What should be the structure and how to make the application as effective as possible?

#90 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:08 PM

Sunmiting papers that are not your own work can get you expelled and/or revoke your degree.

#91 AlinaParker

AlinaParker

• Client
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:00 PM

Great topic and Bachelor's

#92 Roelohan

Roelohan

• Client
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 02:47 PM

I am currently studying at the Faculty of History. Friends, need help writing good trustworthy paper.

If you didn’t do it yourself, then is it better to order an essay? It will be qualitatively done without plagiarism.  Here is a site grademiners review‌ that I use all the time. He has a lot of great writers.

#93 Madenet

Madenet

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:15 PM

I have a master's degree

#94 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:23 PM

If you got your degree based on others people's work, (paper wririting services) you are well on your way to a career of piracy and theft.

#95 OliveGirl

OliveGirl

• Client
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:36 AM

I am currently studying at the university. I plan to be a marketing manager. I also work in one company as a manager. The company is engaged in the manufacture of designer furniture, very good by the way. If they didn't cost a lot of money, I would buy one for myself. I also want to take motion design courses in the near future, I am attracted to this field.

#96 ketrao4kolob1

ketrao4kolob1

• Client
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for post!

#97 GraphicDSGN

GraphicDSGN

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:13 PM

Hi! I am graduated Sociology :)

#98 DanteBrown

DanteBrown

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 06:55 PM

I am currently in graduate school.

#99 DeaconEdwards

DeaconEdwards

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 11:03 AM

I have a master's degree. Now I am planning to try my hand at graduate school, but it upsets me that in graduate school, in addition to writing a research dissertation, I need to write a lot of other texts that are not related to the topic of research. The cool thing is that there is a site like https://writix.co.uk/essay-examples where I can find many examples of essays that help me get through the assignments easier.

#100 DanteBrown

DanteBrown

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the information.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users