• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:13 AM

The problem with colors changing has been answered several times in this thread. You need to check and see what color mode you are creating your files in. Another thing you need to check is what color mode are you saving your jpg entry as. cmyk is very different in colors than rgb. Your entry for uploading has to to be rgb jpg. This link should help also, be sure and read the whole artical as there is a huge amount of info you need to enter the contests.
DesignContest.net Entering Professional Contests

Can everyone explain me why on Earth the colors of my design are changing dramatically when I uplound a vector art (eps)? I mean I used PMS colors and online the colors become eay tooo light.... If u can help me out as soon as possible that would be great. Thnks!

Like us on facebook

#22 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:16 AM

If you are uploading EPS files, that is the problem. Read thru the posts above your comment, soldation2010. Several others have had this problem and it can be fixed by uploaded a JPEG file that is saved as RGB not CMYK.

Jpeg files are all that is needed for contest viewing. The actual vector files are uploaded later only if your design is chosen as the winner by the CH.

More details can be found here: http://www.designcon...l-contests.html

This information is important to know and can be found at the bottom of the home page listed under Knowledgebase, Entering Professional Contests.

I hope this helps you out. Good luck. :)

#23 bandamark

bandamark

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:05 AM

Im experiencing the same,So all the post here answer my problem so very much appreciated. ;)

Posted Image
"Be Brave. Take Risks. Nothing can Substitute Experience."

#24 Evee

Evee

• Designer
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:48 PM

I had a problem with that not too long ago also. I discovered I was still using photoshop 7.0 instead of my newer version CS3. The colors were not right but once I swished to the newer version it fixed the problem. I can't explain why it made a difference but it did. Hope this helps. Don't know what you were doing with the eps but this was when I was uploading on the web in jpg format.
Also always remember to check the pantone color against your pantone book. sometimes what you see on the screen will not be what it is printed on paper.

#25 soldation2010

soldation2010

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

Thanks guys, I already solved the prooblem ... and Yes, you're right Stev27, I made the silly thing to upload eps. directly. Actually, if you don't read word by word the instructions, you should not complain that something's wrong. Special thanks to sharie for giving me the link to DesignContest.net Entering Professional Contests and the precious advice to read the whole article :D ... Glad to have you here to advise me. I promise I'll do it better in the future!

#26 Chucky

Chucky

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:38 AM

Look at color space (icc profiles)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users