Advertising co. logo in progress, need ur all opinions

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Justill

Justill

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

I'm working on a logo for an advertising company named THIEN SONG TAM (TST). TST's is big co. working in outdoor advertising field and its major service is billboard advetising.

Target: to be the 1st outdoor ad. co. in Vietnam.
Main color: Blue (stand for the sky)

Below is my op.1

Thanks for ur opinions.

#2 jesse101

jesse101

• Designer
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:54 AM

Technical: I realize that you want the wording "advertising co., ltd." to go the length of the Logo Type, but the tracking is real bad with that font. If you have to use that font, I would close the tracking and make it adjust right. Also, this logo seems more to me like its in a technical field rather than advertising. I think your choice of font is not good. I like the mark you created though.
http://www.gdlounge.blogspot.com \ www.strategicexposure.com | Your Creative Marketing Advantage

#3 Justill

Justill

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

Thanks for your opinion, Jesse ^^.

This co.'s service are providing billboard location for rent and handling construction for completed billboard excluded creative services. So i used that font for strong feeling about technical skill.

However, i think we shouldn't limit the feeling of the audience when they see the logo. For widening company services, if this is the case, i should choose the font as you advised. By the way, can you suggest me the font suit this kind of advertising service?

I also give the revision then.

Thanks,

• Guests

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

I'm working on a logo for an advertising company named THIEN SONG TAM (TST). TST's is big co. working in outdoor advertising field and its major service is billboard advetising.

Target: to be the 1st outdoor ad. co. in Vietnam.
Main color: Blue (stand for the sky)

Below is my op.1

Thanks for ur opinions.

I just want to let you know that you don't need to post a thread about the same logo twice. I have removed the other thread.

#5 jesse101

jesse101

• Designer
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

So i used that font for strong feeling about technical skill.

If this is the case, then you made a good choice, the weight of the font makes it look strong and the slight italic gives it movement, moving forward, cutting edge...etc. But I still think the tracking in the second line looks bad.

I am not sure what would be the best font, but I would look into a sans serif font. Good luck!
http://www.gdlounge.blogspot.com \ www.strategicexposure.com | Your Creative Marketing Advantage

#6 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

The name is too overwhelming the illustration icon, you should make the name much smaller. Show it in a more relative small version which would most like be used on a site or letterhead showing it this big does not do it much good.

#7 haukur

haukur

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

I think you are focusing too much on stretching the font out. jesse101 is right, it would be good to right align the "advertising co., ltd.". You can also make "Thien song tam" smaller to give more focus on the logo itself.

#8 Justill

Justill

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

If this is the case, then you made a good choice, the weight of the font makes it look strong and the slight italic gives it movement, moving forward, cutting edge...etc. But I still think the tracking in the second line looks bad.

I am not sure what would be the best font, but I would look into a sans serif font. Good luck!

--------

Thanks you all of you.

My revisions and op.2 as below.

#9 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

2 layout looks better but fonts is not that fitting. Also show much smaller put the logo in a box of 320 width x 260 height and have marginal white space around. How you are showing is too big and too much in your face like you have to step back to view correct with smaller is more pleasent for the eye to watch sitting behind the computer.

Why not try out some more different with your name under the logo. Maybe instead of the name be all horizontal be stacked on top without the slogan. Be more daring and try out more.

You should make atleast like 20 different versions before you get to the point of liking.

#10 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:12 AM

I really like the icon of 1 & 2 because it takes on the versatility of either a T or an S.

I believe the key word for finishing this logo off is contrast.

A:

Your icon shows forward movement as if it were italics.

I would first make your font italics (you can achieve italics by using the shear tool on any font to give it the forward direction, just in case the font doesn't come in italics) and probably on capitalize the first letter of each word and then all caps for Advertising Co., LTD. smaller underneath and maybe in a light gray to go with the blue.

B: Bring the name to match your icon size. Right now it is either too big or too small.

C: Maybe you could contrast the color a little more by using earthy tones with the blue you have. Maybe making the name hunter green or something.

Just some thoughts.

#11 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:28 AM

Had a few moments to illustrate... very rough though..

[ATTACH]7668[/ATTACH]

#12 jesse101

jesse101

• Designer
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Looking better, Now just be careful with the size of your mark, it is overpowering the name of the company. Good improvement.

--------

Thanks you all of you.

My revisions and op.2 as below.

#13 Justill

Justill

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

Looking better, Now just be careful with the size of your mark, it is overpowering the name of the company. Good improvement.

------
Below are revisions.

Color changed for the line " advertising co. .."

#14 Justill

Justill

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

----

and version without that line.

#15 Justill

Justill

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

2 layout looks better but fonts is not that fitting. Also show much smaller put the logo in a box of 320 width x 260 height and have marginal white space around. How you are showing is too big and too much in your face like you have to step back to view correct with smaller is more pleasent for the eye to watch sitting behind the computer.

Why not try out some more different with your name under the logo. Maybe instead of the name be all horizontal be stacked on top without the slogan. Be more daring and try out more.

You should make atleast like 20 different versions before you get to the point of liking.

----
Version with other arrangement.

Thanks,

#16 LawrieM

LawrieM

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:07 AM

Your designs are looking far more cleaner and tighter.

However, If you do need to use the "advertising co., ltd." line, removing the comma after the "co." and the period after "ltd" will help close up the noticeable gap in the text and allow better right alignment as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users