I won a contest, what is the next step?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 gunkoo

gunkoo

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

I won the contest for "Driving Strategic Sales" t-shirt design. The contest was closed last Aug 19, 2010.

According to the q&a section, I suppose to contact one of the administrator. I contacted resurepus before by email (his PM inbox was full), but no reply so far. I tried to contact nevadabadgirl, but the PM box was full too.

I already sent out the file directly to the contest holder by email. The contest holder confirmed that he received the illustrator file.

How do I suppose to proceed with the payment?

Edit:
Case closed. Received my payment. Thanks! :D

Edited by gunkoo, 09 September 2010 - 12:31 AM.

#2 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

After winning a contest, you can and should upload the files in the contest page so administration knows that Ch downloaded them. You will be payed after CH inform that all files are ok.

If Resurepus inbox is full, send your paypal info to Sharie.

Nevadabadgirl is no longer admin.

• Guests

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:42 AM

Thanks, ZukiH, you've answered all the questions correctly!

#4 gunkoo

gunkoo

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

After winning a contest, you can and should upload the files in the contest page so administration knows that Ch downloaded them. You will be payed after CH inform that all files are ok.

If Resurepus inbox is full, send your paypal info to Sharie.

Nevadabadgirl is no longer admin.

Hmmm, I tried to upload the file to contest page, but it was too large. I got an error message.
I uploaded the file to external file hosting, and the CH succesfully downloaded the file.

What will happen if the CH forgot to inform designcontest?

#5 gunkoo

gunkoo

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:34 AM

I PM-ed Sharie a few days ago, also without reply.

It is strange, people seems to be around, but no one is answering.

Please help

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:07 AM

I forwarded the info to sergey the day you sent it to me.

I PM-ed Sharie a few days ago, also without reply.

It is strange, people seems to be around, but no one is answering.

Please help

Like us on facebook

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:11 AM

The contest holder needs to acknowledge they have received all files and all is ok. You sent the files to contest holders email and the files were too large to upload here, just making sure you uploaded a zip file on the contest page?

Sergey has your info but might be waiting for the ch to contact him.

Like us on facebook

#8 gunkoo

gunkoo

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:19 AM

The contest holder needs to acknowledge they have received all files and all is ok. You sent the files to contest holders email and the files were too large to upload here, just making sure you uploaded a zip file on the contest page?

Sergey has your info but might be waiting for the ch to contact him.

Thanks for letting me know sharie.

I tried uploading here, but I got error. It was 5Mb ai file - zipped (still around 5 Mb after zipping). I assumed the uploader were unable to handle the file in that size.

Since the CH already PM-ed me his email address (it was company email), i sent the file directly by email. It did not work too, maybe because the attachement was to large and his internal email blocked the whole email.

Finally I uploaded the file into external file storage. As what the CH PM-ed me, he already downloaded the file and things were ok.

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:31 AM

I posted a note on the contest holder page that he needs to acknowledge he has received his files

Thanks for letting me know sharie.

I tried uploading here, but I got error. It was 5Mb ai file - zipped (still around 5 Mb after zipping). I assumed the uploader were unable to handle the file in that size.

Since the CH already PM-ed me his email address (it was company email), i sent the file directly by email. It did not work too, maybe because the attachement was to large and his internal email blocked the whole email.

Finally I uploaded the file into external file storage. As what the CH PM-ed me, he already downloaded the file and things were ok.

Like us on facebook

• Guests

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:37 PM

I have just sent an email to the contest holder asking to confirm the receiption of the source files. As soon as he does so we will release the payment.
Sorry it's taking so long. Normally the archives with the vector source files are under 2Mb and it's being processed automatically.

#11 sazoeller

sazoeller

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

good info to know for new designers

#12 r1ck_art

r1ck_art

• Designer
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:55 PM

@ gunkoo
Thank you for the post, it became a guide for new designers.

#13 backbeat

backbeat

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

Gunkoo, thanks for this thread. :)

#14 rsjunderground

rsjunderground

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:33 AM

Hi, i won a contest two days ago, so i want to know how long it takes to contact me for confirm the original files Ive uploaded are Ok? whats the next step? did the files upload correctly(because everytime I check the contest page I can upload the files again and again)? did the contest holder got the files, and approve them? how the payment form is?

maybe Im being anxious, but you know, is my first victory in DC, so Im so excited.

I hope you can answer me so soon as posible.
thanks in advance.
Bless you.
[SIGPIC]http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2010/226/f/b/Rart_logo_blue_by_Rsjunderground.jpg[/SIGPIC]
RART-Ricardo SJ Graphic Designer.
http://rsjunderground.daportfolio.com

#15 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:51 AM

I am not seeing where you won a contest two days ago. I see the contest you won back in mid September. Alexis Couture clothing line. Is this the contest you are referring to?

send me a pm with your pay info and I will forward it to Sergey

sharie

Hi, i won a contest two days ago, so i want to know how long it takes to contact me for confirm the original files Ive uploaded are Ok? whats the next step? did the files upload correctly(because everytime I check the contest page I can upload the files again and again)? did the contest holder got the files, and approve them? how the payment form is?

maybe Im being anxious, but you know, is my first victory in DC, so Im so excited.

I hope you can answer me so soon as posible.
thanks in advance.
Bless you.

Like us on facebook

#16 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:38 AM

Once the ch has downloaded the files and send note that the files were received and are ok then payment is released. With it being the weekend now you never know if the CH will visit designcontest. So expect n answer early next week, Monday or Tuesday maybe.

It may have been the CH just now picked the winner. One more thing once you have uploaded the files you do not need to upload them again, now it is the Contest Holders turn to download the files.

Like us on facebook

#17 rsjunderground

rsjunderground

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:39 AM

Yes, is the contest in refering. 2 days ago i recieve the notice in my hotmail inbox. Ive uploaded the files, but I think jimbelino)the CH) doesnt know, so i want to know whats going on.

rsjunderground

I am not seeing where you won a contest two days ago. I see the contest you won back in mid September. Alexis Couture clothing line. Is this the contest you are referring to?

send me a pm with your pay info and I will forward it to Sergey

sharie

[SIGPIC]http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2010/226/f/b/Rart_logo_blue_by_Rsjunderground.jpg[/SIGPIC]

#18 rsjunderground

rsjunderground

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:43 AM

Ok.
just a question, when the CH approve the payment release, how does DC send my the prize? by paypal? can I use my brother´s account?

thanks

rsjunderground

#19 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:48 AM

we will need your paypal info to send your payment

and yes the ch would know you have uploaded the files because the ch will get an email saying the files are ready to be downloaded

Like us on facebook

#20 firdol

firdol

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:22 PM

yaay i've just get mt first win :)
so i need to wait the ch to download the file and pm my paypal to sharie or resurepus right?
thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users