• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 wig1989

wig1989

Banned

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

Hi all, Comments please on the below design. This is something ive been working on for a while getting different ideas and designs together and making my own little portfolio to show what i can do. Please just comment on the design itself. Thanks again.

#2 darthsheep

darthsheep

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

hi. nice work, but did you try removing the edges of the trees? they're kinda bothering me. And i think you should try with few circles around the sun, and why not none at all. I just feel like there's too much elements in the sky, thats why i feel it would be a good idea to remove the edges of the trees and the circles around the sun. Btw, its just suggestions.

#3 ipsum

ipsum

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

I really like all the textures. The five bars are like Winter's fingers. Putting them at an angle might look good too. I like the sun, but lose the circle pattern motif in the background and your design will look more original and stylistically cohesive. The bleak tree tops make it easy to recognize the tree is duplicated, which is sort of amusing. Rework the headline so it is not so Yoda. Leave out the "Act on what you believe". Crop the page to poster size. Add some leaping salmon at the bottom, or replace the birds with flying fish to work with the headline.

Edited by ipsum, 06 October 2010 - 11:24 AM.

Art is making something out of nothing and selling it. —Frank Zappa
Art is lies that tell the truth. —Pablo Picasso

#4 r1ck_art

r1ck_art

• Designer
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

nice work

#5 KForbesDesign

KForbesDesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:04 AM

I agree with removing rings motif and possibley just spreading and meshing the rings around the sun with a little opacity.

#6 pandikmaster

pandikmaster

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:33 AM

nice work! :)

#7 Anetth

Anetth

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

This work looks like 2 in 1. I think that you need change some colors. May be something light brown (lighter than ground) instead of white.

#8 esdesign

esdesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

enjoy it.

#9 memiraco

memiraco

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:43 AM

pretty cool

#10 DKdesigns

DKdesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

I like the graphics, but the text don't go well with the design, and you have a strait piece of ground on the right that is too strait!

Jesper

#11 RC123

RC123

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

I completely agree with Ipsum. On first glance I do like this poster, but feel like it's unbalanced with all the chaos on top vs the white w/ text on bottom. Maybe make the white a VERY muted yellow picked up from the top portion? I think the circle design could work in the sky, but only if you lose some of the rings around the sun (or at least tone them down in opacity).

#12 lhartranft

lhartranft

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

I really, really like it, but there's something about the trees that is intrusive and I think its the length of the tops...maybe cut them down a bit? That's it though...nice job.

#13 ACEdesign

ACEdesign

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

Look nice, but just little bit i am confuset with white color, on bottom...
An just try to chose some more rounded font... :)

#14 ashskye

ashskye

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

I think the color contrast between the warm and cool colors works well. I agree about simplifying the sky and reworking the headline a bit. The "act on what you believe" line seems to close to the bottom of the design. Everything seems to work together as one except the headline, but I think it just needs a little repositioning/sizing, etc. and it'll be great! Cool work!

#15 muzzha

muzzha

Banned

• Banned
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

Great work there, nothing much to change for me...just like darthsheep said, remove edges on trees...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users