• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 wig1989

wig1989

Banned

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

Hi all, possible if we can have a look at encouraging the contest holders to give feedback on the designs that the designers have posted. I understand that we have 3 designs per competition but without feedback on designs that have been submitted, I myself find it hard to see if the actual client likes what I have done, or just simply would like a new design creating.

I have seen a couple of recent competitions go all the way to closed and still no feedback has been given for the designers on there designs.

Could we possible look into this.

Thanks

#2 kuci_inc

kuci_inc

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

u r right it is a big problem with the CH's feedback, but it's hard to convince everyone to provide feedback, even if it's for their own good.
"All that lives must die"

#3 IrisXiros

IrisXiros

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

I really hate this. I wonder if most ppl doesn't care to have the best design, or they doesn't understand the procedure. The truth is that there are a lot of ppl that haven't have the best "relationship" with online procedures like this

#4 muzzha

muzzha

Banned

• Banned
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

THANKS for opening thread.Yes that is so true. Honor to exceptions...but it is impossible to make good job with only 3 designs without feedbacks!!!
Dont know if CH even cares about final image of our work here...and is there some kind of alerts for CH that contest is on deadline or something like that...

Again wig1989 thanks for posting!!!

#5 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

We do our best to educate CH's about giving feedback and the system has been designed to make it as easy as possible for them... but, we can't force them to do it. I believe some of them aren't sure what they want or like and wait to see a bunch of options before they make any decisions. In a lot of cases, once they start rating entries, the new entries start to all look similar to the ones with high scores.

I agree with you all that CH feedback helps a lot, but there isn't much more we can do. A lot of times, admin will contact a CH that has not been involved and ask them to participate, but there's not much more we can do.
:) Brandy

#6 IrisXiros

IrisXiros

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

Yes i understand ...but how about to make a page with a "manual" video on how they can have the best design. Video always help more...

We do our best to educate CH's about giving feedback and the system has been designed to make it as easy as possible for them... but, we can't force them to do it. I believe some of them aren't sure what they want or like and wait to see a bunch of options before they make any decisions. In a lot of cases, once they start rating entries, the new entries start to all look similar to the ones with high scores.

I agree with you all that CH feedback helps a lot, but there isn't much more we can do. A lot of times, admin will contact a CH that has not been involved and ask them to participate, but there's not much more we can do.

#7 MarcoJohnDesign

MarcoJohnDesign

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

Just like the real world...:)

#8 stevewckrt

stevewckrt

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:12 AM

THANKS for opening thread.Yes that is so true. Honor to exceptions...but it is impossible to make good job with only 3 designs without feedbacks!!!
Chenille Robes | Luxury Chenille Robes | Luxury Chenille | Luxury Robes | Spa Robes and Chenille Throws
Robes for men,woman slip into the luxury chenille bathrobe for him or her and slip into a lifestyle.

#9 markiez

markiez

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

i like this thread!

with feedback i believe we could do much more.

#10 sanjeebsks204

sanjeebsks204

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for opening this thread.. i felt this thing happening in some recent contests... but as it is.. nothing can be done much about this scenario as it finally is upto the CH to provide regular feedback to get the most benefit out of it... The CH has to understand that leaving any entry alone unrated or without feedback most of all hampers a designer's moral as he/she first of all things learns and improves overall from every feedback he/she gets which is the main aim of any designer around here..

So i hope CHs kindly understand the importance of feedbacks in contests they hold and help themselves and the designers as well..

thanks... :)

#11 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36565 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for opening this thread.. i felt this thing happening in some recent contests... but as it is.. nothing can be done much about this scenario as it finally is upto the CH to provide regular feedback to get the most benefit out of it... The CH has to understand that leaving any entry alone unrated or without feedback most of all hampers a designer's moral as he/she first of all things learns and improves overall from every feedback he/she gets which is the main aim of any designer around here..

So i hope CHs kindly understand the importance of feedbacks in contests they hold and help themselves and the designers as well..

thanks... :)

I agree with you.
We could do so much more with any feedback, with rating points or without (being eliminated) - what is or not preffered in certian design. It's like patting in the dark.
I also don't appreciate, when spending hours on developing design, and get eliminated without any feedback at least "thanks!"
Clients should consider that they have engaged 15 - 20 designers (not sure what exact everage is), many working hours, so minimum feedback would be well appreciated.
But, what can we do... that's risk we take.

#12 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

I strongly feel, that they should offer at least something for any designs that are rated. I think this should be mandatory on the framework of DC end (as in if you rate it, or keep it, feedback it :)). I am completely fine with being eliminated without any feedback, that at least tells me it's not the direction; although it would be nice to know why so that we can modify are methods of thinking and provide the CH with something more of there taste.

#13 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36565 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

I strongly feel, that they should offer at least something for any designs that are rated. I think this should be mandatory on the framework of DC end (as in if you rate it, or keep it, feedback it :)). I am completely fine with being eliminated without any feedback, that at least tells me it's not the direction; although it would be nice to know why so that we can modify are methods of thinking and provide the CH with something more of there taste.

I'm with your thoughts:)
For example... I had 1st design rated with poor feedback, every other submission (were 4 I think), was eliminated witout any feedback. Wasted time... totally. This was not my first time. So, no more... I made my rule - after 2nd eliminated or rated with no feedback, I give up.

If I would have to rate the CH, this one would have highest rates:
Technical Training Company Needs Simple Eye-Catching Logo - Logo Design - DesignContest.com
Client gave feedback to all submissions, at least with "Thanks!"
Of course, this CH is not the only one, but it's not that often we see it.

#14 Stripe

Stripe

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

I agree with cclark413, at least a design elimination means that the CH is actually taking an interest in the contest. One of my designs has been left in a very strong position in one particular contest but the CH must have been logged out for a whole week after extending the first deadline. I'm waiting to see what happens before I decide to truly engage in this website. Are the CH's actually obliged to commit or can they just withdraw, declare that they're 'not happy with the submissions' and use our ideas for free?

#15 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

We can't force the contest holders to give feedback. What we do is strongly suggest to give feedback, the more feedback, the more designs they will get in the contest.

Edited by sharie, 10 February 2011 - 01:07 AM.

Like us on facebook

#16 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

Are the CH's actually obliged to commit or can they just withdraw, declare that they're 'not happy with the submissions' and use our ideas for free?

This is a valid question/concern. Our refund policy requires CH's to provide feedback to at least 80% of entries posted into their contest in order to receive a refund. Additionally, once a CH has decided he is not happy with any of the entries and requests a refund, the contest is extended for an additional 7 days in which designers will have an opportunity to keep trying to impress him.

If, as you suggest, a CH decides to walk away from the contest, he must first meet these requirements. If he doesn't meet these requirements, he won't get a refund, and a designer will be paid. To protect the CH, on the other hand, if a contest has received less than 10 entries by the end of the duration of the contest, he can get a refund.

We setup the site to best protect both the designers and the CH's. We don't allow private communication between designers and contest holders, and we have guidelines that the CH must follow or they risk losing their investment in the contest. The likelihood of a CH walking away without a designer being paid for their efforts is very, very slim.
:) Brandy

#17 Stripe

Stripe

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:41 AM

Thanks Brandyarnold for the explanation, seems like a fair setup. I understand that the large majority of contests are beneficial to both parties. I will continue to strive for that first medal.

#18 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:47 PM

Is there any way we could be made aware when a contest is in the "last chance" phase? Thanks for the explanation as well, that really helps to understand.

#19 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

No not that I'm aware of other than you checking the contest yourself.

Like us on facebook

#20 sanjeebsks204

sanjeebsks204

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

Thanks Brandy for explaining it all.. Just hoping the CHs to provide as many feedback as they can in the contests to help both the participants and themselves..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users