• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 sinjix_media

sinjix_media

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

Ok, I know I've come here pleanty of times with ideas for my own website. I've been designing sites and logos for clients for over 10 years, but when it comes to my own stuff, I'm impotent.

I came up with the idea to do a website about tattoo shops in New York.

I'm at a complete designers block with this one. Looking for ideas for I 'hip' monochromatic logo for it. Any ideas?

I love this logo

Edited by sinjix_media, 18 December 2010 - 03:23 AM.

#2 Esche

Esche

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

When it comes to Tattoos, tastes are very different.
As for me I would do a logo in tattoo-style but I would not use tribals or something like that. Tribals are a difficult topic - many people get them tattooed but most of them don't have a unique expression and are just "random". I personally like motives with a unique meaning or expression more.
So I would try to do a logo related to New York in Tattoo style, maybe something with the skyline?!

#3 sinjix_media

sinjix_media

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:07 AM

thanks for the reply. i feel that 'tattoo style' might be a good idea. tribal is a nono. the skyling thing, i think, has been done so many times. other suggestions are welcome. again, thank you

#4 RC123

RC123

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:45 AM

One cool thing about the logo you posted is the symmetry. Maybe that's a key aspect of what you like about it aesthetically? In terms of content, I agree that the skyline is a bit played out, so maybe incorporating other signature "NY" icons would work better (i.e. statue of liberty, Sears Tower, or even yellow cabs). But honestly, you don't even really NEED to incorporate NY, in my opinion...you could play off of "body" more. ;)

#5 sinjix_media

sinjix_media

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

One cool thing about the logo you posted is the symmetry. Maybe that's a key aspect of what you like about it aesthetically? In terms of content, I agree that the skyline is a bit played out, so maybe incorporating other signature "NY" icons would work better (i.e. statue of liberty, Sears Tower, or even yellow cabs). But honestly, you don't even really NEED to incorporate NY, in my opinion...you could play off of "body" more. ;)

funy that you say that. thanks for the reply btw. i was totally thinking the same thing. i dont want to incorporate the NY in it at all. I'm just at a designer's block about what to do for 'body art. i thought maybe something like the attached

#6 sinjix_media

sinjix_media

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:29 PM

or maybe even incorporate ideas of the origins of tattoo

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:41 PM

The top design is nice, the last design though needs different placement of the arm, it looks like something for a very different kind of business.

The top one, is great but the legs look like elephant legs.

creating a logo for my self was the absolute hardest thing to do. I still don't have it and have settled with something until I create what I think I want, That hurts my business because I refuse to print business cards, postcards and such until I create what I want.

It is way to easy for me to toss helpful and non helpful ideas to other people. Just like what I am going to say here.... The first design, does it have a meaning to you? The budha guy mean anything? Looking at the first design you like a little bit of whimsical in your design. do you have anything near and dear to your heart that has some sort of special meaning? This may take some sit down thinking because we often overlook what it is that is very special, I think sometimes we don't think about these things making things habit so we don't recognize this certain thing or process has a special meaning

I don't have any tattoos myself but I love watching "LA Ink" I watch the "Miami Ink" reruns also. The artwork is absolutely beautiful. I mention those because of the text you mentioned is way over done, I agree but.....people recognize that type of business with that style. I think every tatto shop around here has that same type of text, takes a brave sole to start changing : )

Sharie

Like us on facebook

#8 hyginus

hyginus

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

sinjix, I'vr got an idea. Look at the attached drawing (it,s just a concept, few minutes in ai and cd:) What do U think?
Posted Image

#9 sinjix_media

sinjix_media

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

sinjix, I'vr got an idea. Look at the attached drawing (it,s just a concept, few minutes in ai and cd:) What do U think?
Posted Image

wow! absolutely amazing that it only took you a couple minutes in AI.
I thought of a similar concept myself, but didn't know how to pull it off.
however, I wanted to stay away from big apple and anything new york in the actual logo, and focus on the body art idea. you're very talented. thank you so much

#10 hyginus

hyginus

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

another look...
What would U say about this one? Too messy, I suppose? U prefer something more like clipart, right?
Posted Image

#11 sinjix_media

sinjix_media

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

another look...
What would U say about this one? Too messy, I suppose? U prefer something more like clipart, right?
Posted Image

yes, although you are extremely talented, and i know these are rough concepts, i couldn't imagine cleaning something like that up. i also prefer symmetry and somewhat simplicity in a logo

#12 sinjix_media

sinjix_media

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:02 PM

:/

#13 hyginus

hyginus

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:47 AM

well, that one would be really hard to clean up:) No, it was just scanned drawing, I wanted to show U general idea. It's hard to combine body art and clean symmetry, but I like this kind of tasks. I U don't mind I'll try another shot, ok?

#14 sinjix_media

sinjix_media

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

haha, yeah, you're certainly right. take a look at the site so far New York Body Art

#15 hyginus

hyginus

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Another design, in three variations:
Posted Image

#16 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:03 PM

I think a cool idea would be to have a body's tattoos blend in with a background canvas, hence body art.

#17 Dtrickk

Dtrickk

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

:) smiling like a buddha. very neat.

#18 whittyM

whittyM

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

Maybe a mix between vector and watercolor. one that fluid and mimic ink.

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:tx5UQrg6HYFH5M:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/Helquin/TattooDimensionCover.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.designflavr.com/images/gallery/289620890.jpg[/IMG]

#19 whittyM

whittyM

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

the Buddha reminds me of traditional tattoo process. So i thought of henna. if a henna tattoo covered a hand the tattoo forms the hand without needing the actual hand. So here the idea. A henna lace design that becomes the body.
Posted Image

#20 hyginus

hyginus

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:31 AM

haha, yeah, you're certainly right. take a look at the site so far New York Body Art

dear Sinjix, I've just visited Your website. U've said that: it's clean and... how to say it? Cold, maybe? But it's nice, i like it very much. And one thing - I don't know who took the pictures of Hatti, but - God, have mercy - wish I could!:D
Great photos of this lovely Tank Girl:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ideas, inspiration, logo, new.york, tattoo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users