&nsbp;

#1 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

Hi all,

I wonder if you could give me feedback/opinions on the following logo I designed?

The client is a well-know individual in the airline industry and has started a company consulting with companies that have aircraft involved in their activities. His services range from auditing company procedures to aircraft purchase consulting. He mainly will deal in the larger aircraft like 767s and such. His consulting will likely reach customers worldwide.

Buzzwords: aircraft (bigger ones), world, active, consultation, trust.

I tried to use as many of the concepts as possible without making the logo too busy.

The 'alternate' was an idea I was asked to attempt but I figure it creates too much activity in the icon.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Posted Image
Back hungry - feed back.

#2 GDesign

GDesign

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:14 AM

nice work Guppy really,,
i like the second option. with one minor observation it has to do with the tail coming out of the propellant i just don't seem to like it ! :D

#3 Winter artwork

Winter artwork

• Designer
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:23 PM

^^ good catch it should come out if the wing pehaps

I like the red option(with blue coloring) I just would have it "hollow"...the plane should be blazing a trail across a globe not an "O"

#4 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for your ideas/thoughts - I used the 'O' for the reason that the clients last name starts with 'O' and can be used flexibly as a last name oriented icon...also happens to look like a globe.
Back hungry - feed back.

#5 3masd

3masd

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

Hi, i like the main idea and have some suggestions: could try to get the plane in front of the globe to give some volume, that could help to make the logo alive, the plane looks a little old fashioned, at my first look i think about a cargo airline, and being de name composed by a "d" and an "O" and being the bakground symbol something circled shape, could try to incorporate, those letters as elements behind the plane.
Hope it helps!
Santiago Borray
Tres+Diseño
http://www.3masd.com

#6 borsi

borsi

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

nice graphics but I don't get this sieve-like symbole. I don't associate the world. :(

#7 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:35 PM

borsi...I was trying for meridians and parallels...maybe it didn't work :)

I have made an update:
Posted Image
Back hungry - feed back.

#8 GDesign

GDesign

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

nice update, but the globe now looks very cluttered. the continents look like ink splatters, i don't think it would look great if you size it down, what you can really do to go around that is make the continents bigger and less detailed.
Great work with the trails always make them smooth that's how they should look like.

Edited by GDesign, 01 September 2008 - 05:45 PM.

#9 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

Yeah...I wasn't sure the world thing would work, but I thought I'd try it for tryings sake. Thanks for the observation about downsizing the icon. You're right it would likely degrade.
Back hungry - feed back.

#10 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

Why is the landing gear down? :)

#11 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

Just in the midst of take off...:) good point though!
Back hungry - feed back.

#12 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

At the moment I think you are trying to add too much remember Less is More. Have you done some brainstorming, cause I can't see a consulting in this. It is more just a travel agency. I think the logo should show more about consulting then just a flying plane.

Here few things you could do too.

Compass for travel direction and as a guide to consulting.
Kite alone or controlled by someone
Wind direction pointer or wind rooster - can replace the rooster with a plane and point it as a certain direction.
some bird
some origami planes or birds

I am not fan of the plane the nose looks bit like the spaceship from NASA. Also not sure if it is me but the engine, wing and body of the plane doesn't look to be all in the correct angle or perspective.

#13 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

Thanks ChungDha for your pointed thoughts...I think origami is not a go, but I like the thought of compass. Thanks

I have made a 'small' revision:

Posted Image
Back hungry - feed back.

#14 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:34 AM

Ivan,

The logo/mark on the right makes you fotrget about the name. It distracts the name.

If you try it on the left, you'll see a "whole" logo (icon+text) and, besides, the plain is headed to the text, so it makes easier for anybody to read and enjoy better the logo.

Paulo
thanks
guetizo origin~all portfolio | guetizo's logo~blog (showing new logos!)

#15 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

Try some other type face cause I find it not that suitable and looks bit old. Maybe need to be more dynamice with no serifs, and try some italics cause the logo is also bit in an angle. And on the left should fit it more with the plane going to the text and not away. Or text above the logo.

#16 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

Maybe some brain? With wings on the sides, and maybe a pipe on the back.

Posted Image

But maybe you don't need a pipe?
"Once you take yourself too seriously the art will suffer."

#17 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

Maxson....thanks - I don't know that CEOs would find a brain plane very trustworthy :D
Back hungry - feed back.

#18 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

I don't know.... those tails arn't really doing it for me... although I think the latest revision is the best yet

#19 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

I like the logo but I think the gray is too light compared to the blue. I think that is why the plane is so dominant in the design. I don't notice DON & Aviation Consulting right away and I think I should.

#20 sol

sol

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:29 PM

Have you though of taking a step away from Grey and try some other color? maybe even a darker/lighter shade of blue..or some greeny stuff )
"We are too accustomed to the absurdity of existence. The loss of a universe is not worth taking seriously"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users