• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Medialegend

Medialegend

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:39 PM

Working on some Test Logos and Wanted to know what you thought of this for a travel company.

Posted Image

Thanks for the feedback
Robert P. Brown
Medialegend.com

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

First dont use clip arts and there are too much going one and never overlap text over and image, this makes the text unreadable. Tip I give to all LESS IS MORE.

#3 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:41 PM

I agree with Chung Dha on all counts.

Refine the shape of the boat and incoporate the elements (sea, sun, boat) better.

I would also limit the use of colors.

#4 DreamSky

DreamSky

• Designer
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:12 AM

I'll have to repeat all of the above (Chung Dha and KHDZN opinions),
plus I'll add that currently that boat/yacht seems like flying. Don't leave air between the waves and the vessel; make the waves cover its lower side.

Sunshine Vacations is the name of the company, right? I would personally use another font and definitely make it more readable than now. Make the graphics "highlight" the company, not draw the attention out of it.

#5 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:57 AM

Also don't you think you have a whole website way to soon when your skills are not yet perfect. Also you have a very small portfolio. I advice you to have not a big idea on already go pro when your not that good yet. I have seen allot of guys having way big idea of beginning a business starting whole website then have zero visitors and no clients. Wait till you have a bigger portfolio and improved your skills. And don't pay for anything yet and use free websites till you have a steady flow.

#6 Medialegend

Medialegend

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

Thank you very much.
I will take all into consideration and work on it and repost.
Chung - it is not clipart that is a hand drawn line drawing of a boat from a real photo of a cruise ship. I have already been paid for work and am putting my work up there. that is not my full portfolio, I have been doing graphic design for about 10 years now and am going though archive CD's to get the work up on my portfolio.

KHDZN - Not sure what you mean by limiting the colors it is just 4 colors? Can you please explain what you mean?

Thanks for all of your coments.

#7 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:01 PM

For a logo it looks allot like a Clipart. Limiting your colors means even less than 4 colors. Try using just two colors. And make the design more abstracter than this.

I donno where you have been designing for the last 10 years but seem you haven't kept up with the trends of logo or even normal design. I doubt this is a level of a designer that have been working for 10 years.

#8 Medialegend

Medialegend

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

yes I have been doing it for 10 years now.

Here is a logo for a client that I had made for there 2005 christmas show and they continue to use it for their annuall christmas show. Their request was to have a logo for the show that would symbolize an old town sign and the feeling that they were giving the gift of music. This logo has been put on show playbills, banners, signs and websites for them. They loved the clipart look that it had and felt that it was a great representation for what they asked for.

Posted Image

In contrast to that here is a conseptional logo made for a client that wanted the feeling of waves for their name Great Atlantic but didn’t want realistic waves. They had opted to go with a 3 color logo. They wanted different blues to convey that they were a blue chip company. Posted Image

I will work on these sugesstions and take them to heart and try to improve on the logo and give an update. I do appreciate the constructive critisism but I feel it can be done without the feeling of being put down. There is no need to get defensive. I was just staiting my experiance. please don't get nasty about it. I am here to further my vision and creativity and knowledge, not to get into flame wars.

Thank you
Robert

Edited by Medialegend, 27 October 2008 - 07:47 PM.

#9 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:41 PM

KHDZN - Not sure what you mean by limiting the colors it is just 4 colors? Can you please explain what you mean?

Thanks for all of your coments.

I meant to use only a couple of colors to keep it simple.

#10 Medialegend

Medialegend

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:47 PM

Ok here is a revision of the logo and also a conceptualized version that I had worked on.
Revision of the original logo
Posted Image

Changes:
1 - I have made it just two colors.
2 - I scraped the water so the boat would not seem to be flying.
3 - Changed the font so the name would be easier to read.

Conceptualized Logo
for the reason that the original looked to much like clip art.
Posted Image

the concept is a sunny day on an Island.

Have these logo's improved?

Thanks,
Robert.

#11 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

I personally think this version looks much much better than the first one.
I would try a more purple oriented to match with that orange; together those ones are a bit of a punch to the eye, that cyan is too strong and saturated. Design is simple, I like; maybe I would try to incorporate better the writing into the whole design by making it smaller and fitting the mark width, and placing it a bit lower.

Also a grey would be a nice try instead of that cyan. see what you can come up with!

#12 blakeissuarez

blakeissuarez

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:05 AM

what is the stick thing next to the sun?

#13 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:30 PM

I am not sure if it is cause by your style but the logo's looks all very much like cliparts. A big tip to you is search latest logo trends and website for info and look up what the competition is doing. I advice for to us swooshes that is a big cliche nowadays in the design world. There are way too much logo's out there using that.

#14 christyburke

christyburke

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:59 AM

Wow! Harsh!

#15 chandro

chandro

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts