• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

Drop everything that has no symbolic to it, for once that blury white substance. Add some grunge, and some more grunge. U can download grunge brushes from deviantart or something. Don't give up man.
"Once you take yourself too seriously the art will suffer."

#22 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:28 PM

can we make this into a community contest?
I think this would be great way to see different views of what you want to invoke and I feel it could help you in alot of ways.

1. you'll get to see what others see in something that you thought of.
2. you can try to mimick(sp) the process on your own, giving you practice and develope a technique you might not of used.
you could ask the designers how they acchieved this or that effect or out come ect.

When I was in school everyone had to do the same assignment, everything was identical for each person except their imagination/creativity then we'ed critique each peace. then we'd all submit the vote on which was the best portrayed image for that particular assignment. Then we'd try to duplicate it the rest of the afternoon to hopefully learn a new technique or process. the winner would choose one of the others to duplicate.

I learned a lot of new drawing processes and techniques this way. shading, cartooning, graphitie and so on. Since I went into design school w/ no tech. art/drawing classes what so ever.

it's just a thought and could be fun... ???

#23 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:27 AM

same thing, yeah?

i dont think so its different

#24 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:28 AM

i dont think so its different

"Live today as if it were your last day" & "Live everyday as if it were your last day" is the same sentiment. Both mean to "make the most" of the day that you're living. Usually it goes along with living more adventurously, taking risks, etc. But the point of the other text is more "accept Christianity before it's too late."

Different messages, that's my point.

I think you should scrap the first line. As for the other advice about getting some grunge brushes - if you're just making it for yourself, that's cool - but if you plan on selling them, it might be best to make your own brushes or "grunge effects." It's actually really easy. Take some digital pictures of of some gravel, adjust he contrasts so you get it really posterized (or just use the posterize effect) You can then apply it a bunch of different way. Other good grunge textures are tree bark, asphalt, a large rock, rusty metal, a stack of books (if there's a strong light that will make a lot of shadows on the pages) - or anything else that has a lot of random contrasted areas.

#25 locohenry

locohenry

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:43 PM

I like the first one you posted. I think the images you had on the first one work alot better and so does the color

my 2 cents

-loco

#26 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

"Live today as if it were your last day" & "Live everyday as if it were your last day" is the same sentiment. Both mean to "make the most" of the day that you're living. Usually it goes along with living more adventurously, taking risks, etc. But the point of the other text is more "accept Christianity before it's too late."

Different messages, that's my point.

I think you should scrap the first line. As for the other advice about getting some grunge brushes - if you're just making it for yourself, that's cool - but if you plan on selling them, it might be best to make your own brushes or "grunge effects." It's actually really easy. Take some digital pictures of of some gravel, adjust he contrasts so you get it really posterized (or just use the posterize effect) You can then apply it a bunch of different way. Other good grunge textures are tree bark, asphalt, a large rock, rusty metal, a stack of books (if there's a strong light that will make a lot of shadows on the pages) - or anything else that has a lot of random contrasted areas.

I disagree though i can see where your comming from though but it was not my intention to shove christianity in the face though it does kinda seem that way. My intention was just to say I am in fact a christian But i do see where you comming from hmm ima let it site for a while ten go back to it and see what i will doo THANKS FOR ALLL YOUR HELP EVERYONE! thanks so much! i will be back with an edit soon! gosh i wish i had more to offer to help you all out!

#27 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

I disagree though i can see where your comming from though but it was not my intention to shove christianity in the face though it does kinda seem that way. My intention was just to say I am in fact a christian But i do see where you comming from hmm ima let it site for a while ten go back to it and see what i will doo THANKS FOR ALLL YOUR HELP EVERYONE! thanks so much! i will be back with an edit soon! gosh i wish i had more to offer to help you all out!

I saw what your intentions were and really don't feel you'd be shoving christianity down anyones throught with the image.

I've been working on a shirt Idea for a couple weeks referencing John 15:1-8 With just the image and simply placing John 15 on the sleeve. just completed drawing/sketching out all the elements and now just need to scan it and redraw it. or see how the scan comes out after tracing it. I kinda like the way they look at times uncomplete or messy lol. then going from there.

looking forward to seeing the edit.

#28 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

I didn't mean that you were trying to shove Christianity in anyone' face - I just meant that it seems to be a very clear message. The other phrase also tends to have a very clear message. In my opinion, those two messages clash with each other. I'm just suggesting that you should drop the second phrase and stick with your original sentiment. It's just my opinion - it's your design after all.

#29 designsbyjulie

designsbyjulie

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:27 AM

Drop everything that has no symbolic to it, for once that blury white substance. Add some grunge, and some more grunge. U can download grunge brushes from deviantart or something. Don't give up man.

Just the opposite, I think. I like all of it but the dancing couple and hearts on the left...they look a bit too clipart"y" to me. Other than that I think it's a very nice design.:)

#30 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:57 AM

hmmm well thanks all i will update soon

#31 e.giftshoppe

e.giftshoppe

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:34 AM

The design is too dreadful. But its nice.. Many will like it too..

#32 TheDreamer_EJoy

TheDreamer_EJoy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

Ya I got to get back to Designing it and redoing it i been busy looking for work!

#33 tsmith

tsmith

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:24 AM

I agree with the majority. However, I'd say lose all the background grunge (white and red) and just focus on 3 things; the cross, the main text, and the crown. People have a short attention span and if your shirt has a message it has to be clear and distinct.

On the flip side, you can leave it as is and send it to Ed Hardy and Affliction to promote it to all Christian UFC fighters and fans!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users