&nsbp;

#1 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

here is anothe one.
It's based off a doodle I made while at work. I liked the way it looked and finally after about 2 years scaned it in off the post it note and redrew it in illustrator.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

nice!

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

Thanks

I was liking the black and white over the color gradiant. maybe just using a solid color would be more effective.

#4 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:02 PM

The symbol/graphic is nice, I like it. The font is nice also, although I guess it depends on the industry if it's appropriate, but the spacing between the letters could be improved. Just make the appropriate changes, and then compare the two versions, and you'll understand how important an aspect that is in logo design.

Nice work !

#5 kvasaclimited

kvasaclimited

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

I agree that fonts need to be kerned a little, especially F, W and K. Black and white version of logo looks great, I'm not so sure that I like colored version.
Dragan Ciric
AetherScapes

#6 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:38 PM

The symbol/graphic is nice, I like it. The font is nice also, although I guess it depends on the industry if it's appropriate, but the spacing between the letters could be improved. Just make the appropriate changes, and then compare the two versions, and you'll understand how important an aspect that is in logo design.

Nice work !

Thanks.. Agree about the kerning. I didn't really play with the text at all.. I want to find that "perfect" brand name that will accompany the image then I'll work on the letters.

I agree that fonts need to be kerned a little, especially F, W and K. Black and white version of logo looks great, I'm not so sure that I like colored version.

Thanks
I agree.. feel the black/white is more powerfull. I'll keep it as a solid color image as I'm not liking the gradiant at all.

#7 smack

smack

• Designer
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:03 AM

Nice Graphic...
When I look at the way the image stems from the letter i, it looks like the "i" could be a lighter/torch/candle and the flame rising takes the form of the hawk. Not sure if this was the intent. It also has an element of Native design that I think seems relevant. Pretty impressive for a Post-it doodle.

#8 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

Nice Graphic...
When I look at the way the image stems from the letter i, it looks like the "i" could be a lighter/torch/candle and the flame rising takes the form of the hawk. Not sure if this was the intent. It also has an element of Native design that I think seems relevant. Pretty impressive for a Post-it doodle.

appreciate the feedback and thanks for the complement.
I sometimes have a Native (Tribal?) element that comes from some of my "doodles" because of the simplistic lines that usually start out the doodle then finding unique ways to connect them into something interesting to look at.

#9 NemesisQaine

NemesisQaine

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:56 AM

LOL, I just now saw this posting. I had already posted in your other thread. I suppose I was right to see an eagle figure, well a bird anyway. It's nice to know that my designers "eye" is getting a little better from when I first started.
You are a talented designer, it looks great in my opinion. I really want to STRESS that I am still learning, so don't take too much to heart but the only thing I would change is the "eye" of the hawk. In the color graphic, make it black, in the black graphic, make it colored. Just a suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users