#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

don't really agree with it.
But cool none the less.

Whats funny is obama was suppose to allready be bringing our troops home and yet he's sending more. LOL all politians are liars..

#3 JonathanHill

JonathanHill

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

They're very clever... although I feel they cross the line of being disrespectful to those risking and losing their lives.

#4 .:FMD

.:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

They're very clever... although I feel they cross the line of being disrespectful to those risking and losing their lives.

I agree thoroughly...

I have had a couple friends that went over there and have served. Not to mention I have a family member that just graduated from fighter school flying F-16's and I am pretty sure he will be flying over there sooner or later.

So as to stay, yes the design is extremely clever so long as it is used on a pillar of some sort and it fits that pillar perfectly like the ones shown.

Do I agree with the message... no.

Where were these done?

• Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

Where were these done?

Unfortunatelly I don't know. I found them on a website unrelated to design.

I should also mention that I had no intention of "featuring" the subject of the posters, it is the creative part that interested me here. Sort of a new format of circular poster.

#6 .:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

Unfortunatelly I don't know. I found them on a website unrelated to design.

I should also mention that I had no intention of "featuring" the subject of the posters, it is the creative part that interested me here. Sort of a new format of circular poster.

Understood,

It definitely is a very interesting format. I have a feeling we will be seeing more of this format for other things.

#7 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

I was about 99% sure of that. :D

#8 JonathanHill

JonathanHill

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

They're on the portfolio of :: www.bigantinternational.com ::

"We believe that our success and recognition in the marketing and advertising industries is a direct result of our “no limits” motto."

#9 eienblue25

eienblue25

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:54 AM

That's a really great poster

#10 .:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

Ah..so that answered my question where they are from... The states ofcourse

#11 smack

smack

• Designer
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:56 AM

This is an excellent example of the creative use of format. Granted the application of the posters are limited to a certain circumference, but it's great to see conceptual design in action. As for the message, agree or disagree, unfortunately history proves time and time again that violence begets violence and the cycle of war is endless. I mean no disrespect to those who chose to protect the values and freedoms of others. Regardless of religious or political convictions, ultimately I would hope that we all want peace.

#12 NemesisQaine

NemesisQaine

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:12 AM

This is an excellent example of the creative use of format. Granted the application of the posters are limited to a certain circumference, but it's great to see conceptual design in action. As for the message, agree or disagree, unfortunately history proves time and time again that violence begets violence and the cycle of war is endless. I mean no disrespect to those who chose to protect the values and freedoms of others. Regardless of religious or political convictions, ultimately I would hope that we all want peace.

I agree with many aspects of this post. I love the "new age" design art being used. I am consistently amazed how people find a way to incorporate art into things that are not usually "artistic" like a big cement circular post.
As for the war, I was born into a military family and all though I absolutely support every branch of the military, history does repeat itself. I do not however think that ANYONE disagreeing with the war, is attacking the military but more the people running it. I believe that 99% of people, support our troops. Enough said on that.
I'd be interested in finding more circular design concepts such as this. I wait for the next "new age" idea to come along. The next break through. It's exciting to me to watch, and now for the first time in my life..... participate in.:D

#13 merryandlovely

merryandlovely

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:09 AM

That is really great poster. Iraq war must be stop. Thousands of people killed in it.
Toronto Airport Limos Supportqueue Blog Stcmp Blog

#14 shefshef019

shefshef019

• Designer
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:51 AM

Definitely an interesting design, and I think the controversy behind the subject matter only makes it more intiguing. I could see it working for other world topics, too.
Designs by Jenna Sheffler: Professional portfolio
Design Intervention: Freelance graphic and web design
Technicolor Carnival: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry and gifts

#15 sumac

sumac

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

Great message, great design and great outdoor usage... Its impossible to disagree with the message. If you kill someone you can be killed too, that's the fact and the main message of the works. Secondary message is Stop the war in Iraq. This concept is all about being against of all the wars and everything that damages or harms this world and its creatures. That's what I see there... Congratulations to its creator...

#16 BullzEye

BullzEye

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:03 AM

I am a Marine Corps Veteran, served 5 years with 2 tours in Iraq as a Aviation Electronics Tech.. being mortared every day on tha tbase is a scaring thing to be presented with never being in a situation like that in my life..

The design I thought was funny tho, b/c I'm very highly against the war.. not the people that are fighting it, b/c as I see it, they are doing their job as they are trained to and paid for. You have no idea how many of them fighting over there are against the war..and voice it, but ..hell we had our Officers and Top Dogs telling us, if the news interviews us, to act like we aren't against it, that we are motivated and ooh rah!!!.. .. haha.. I told the truth.. somehow I didn't get in trouble...lol

but back to the subject at hand, I liked the design concept.. reminds me of the Mad Magazine fold'em concepts they had, but done in a different way... well not creating a new image, but you get what I mean..lol

THe design of those posters, very creative... humourous to an extent, b/c what you do unto others, does eventually come back and bite you in the butt.. and as the point of history repeats itself, it does..and once day it's gonna bite the United States hard in teh butt where we won't recover from it.. sux.. but it's the truth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
www.myspace.com/jaredbolin

#17 garrett1263

garrett1263

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:36 PM

I things he is saying right to some extent.
---------------------------------------------------
acai berry
acai berries

#18 Sayha

Sayha

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

Those are some really nice posters ! Really liked the concept on them.

#19 Federicoleggio

Federicoleggio

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

so true and so sad! unluckily we live in world where people call wars "mission of peace".. and unfortunaly we can't do nothign to stop it!! what a sad world!

#20 luna5065

luna5065

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

nice content..& concept.. really work..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users