&nsbp;

#21 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:33 AM

not too late..
The last one is a vector flower. They REALLY wanted to keep the flower so that is how it'll be and as far as the font that IS what it'll be. There was no liking any of my suggestions and I tried a few.. other than the ones I've shown here.

The ad's have taken a back burner to labels now. They have a meeting w/ a whole sales food person coming up soon and want to have labels ready for demo's.

So far the logo will be one of them that I posted last and working on MANY labels for sauces, ice cream, tea/lemonaid, rubs and a slew of other items.

I've worked with Whole Foods before - they can be sticklers on what they want to see on a label. That's cool, though - good luck!

#22 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:35 AM

I've worked with Whole Foods before - they can be sticklers on what they want to see on a label. That's cool, though - good luck!

anything I should know about Whole foods? it may be the same company, but not positive. anything helps.

They are targeting an Up Scale market. I think I've said that.? But any info helps.

#23 .:FMD

.:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:39 AM

This is the first lable submission. I'm working on something less swirly for the background.
Posted Image

I think you need to choose a palette of colors to identify what colors are going to represent. make sure they all work with one another.

A great resource/ideas for color is the color guide by "HOW design books" There are actually 2 books.

I am thinking since the logo is so bright and vivid to stay away from muted colors

Also since the logo is fairly organic with the shape of the elephant and the flower, stay away from hard edges.

Not exactly quite sure what the background is supposed to represent. seems a little busy. why not use flourishes and maybe have it show lightly in the background.

Hope these suggestions help yah! Congrats on the new client!

#24 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

Thanks FMD..
Here is the deal.. that is based off the label I covered up on that bottle. don't have it on hand as I'm walking out the door at the moment..

But they've sent me a few images that they'd like to stay "in line" with. They actually want it exactly like it and I've told them I can't do that, but will base it off the images used. they understood.

My first thought was to use the circle image thing in the little box on top as the main image w/ the desert name inside and "desert sauce" below. but they wanted it seperated this way w/ their name in the circle thing.. does that make sence?

They do have their mind set on what they want and since I'm doing this at a lower cost for better pay later (start up company) I'm holding back a little (just a little) on suggestions..

I still say the elephant by it self would work better w/ out the flower and would better match this type of look they want for their lables.

I'm sure it'll all work out in the end and I'm sure they did their home work to come up with the money to start this venture. But I've been doing some of my own homework on high end brands (branding) in the industry to make better suggestions and follow up with samples.

#25 .:FMD

.:FMD

• Designer
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

Thanks FMD..
Here is the deal.. that is based off the label I covered up on that bottle. don't have it on hand as I'm walking out the door at the moment..

But they've sent me a few images that they'd like to stay "in line" with. They actually want it exactly like it and I've told them I can't do that, but will base it off the images used. they understood.

My first thought was to use the circle image thing in the little box on top as the main image w/ the desert name inside and "desert sauce" below. but they wanted it seperated this way w/ their name in the circle thing.. does that make sence?

They do have their mind set on what they want and since I'm doing this at a lower cost for better pay later (start up company) I'm holding back a little (just a little) on suggestions..

I still say the elephant by it self would work better w/ out the flower and would better match this type of look they want for their lables.

I'm sure it'll all work out in the end and I'm sure they did their home work to come up with the money to start this venture. But I've been doing some of my own homework on high end brands (branding) in the industry to make better suggestions and follow up with samples.

Gotcha.

I dig the Circle with name in it and the flourishes on the side. I do not however understand the color choices or the fact it is trapped inside a square?

#26 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

Gotcha.

I dig the Circle with name in it and the flourishes on the side. I do not however understand the color choices or the fact it is trapped inside a square?

here is what they want it to look like. I just tried something different.
Posted Image

These next two lables are what I sent them this morning.
I personally like the oval shapes better than just boxing them up.
They will be used on a cylindar shaped jar so the label will wrape around.

as for colors I'm working in all earthtones.? the other products will have a different look. These are just for suaces.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

I also did this one. not sure if I'm liking it or not.

I'm probably boring you all with these. I'll stop and just post what they want/like.. LOL

Posted Image

#28 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

OK so here are the final labels.

The first one is for the Ice Cream front lables. The lid will use there "normal" logo colors I'm not sure of yet but will have the full color flower and around the lid will be simple text w/ Lucky Elephant Foods and the flavor.
Posted Image

This next one is for their sauces. it'll wrap around the clear glass jar and on the lid will again be the "normal" logo.

And just an FYI I couldn't find a tutorial for creating plaid. But I think it turned out well. colors will work off what the sauce will be.. oh and the size of the plaid is yet to be detemind.

Two down a few more to go.. Ice Tea and lemonaid next on the list.
Posted Image

#29 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

Ok so after some more work.

We now have Lemonade/Tea and spa labels.

Just thought I'd share the progress with all of you.
:)

1st one that was the favorite. I won't wast your time with the ones that didn't make it through cause they were suppose to be on clear stickers, but we changed direction to use paper lables that wraped all the way around.

I also wanted to make a custom recycle image for all the products.. they chose the left one.
Posted Image

This is a couple changes and tightened up some. The colors I was just playing with and will be set some time in the future. :D
The red lines are there to show where the front would be displayed.

Posted Image

Here are the spa images that'll be used.
They are going w/ the top one right now. but the bottom is a close 2nd. We may also loose the text and place it on top just showing the elephant/flower. These were suppose to be done last but when making some of the other labels felt these would be perfect for the spa line. I think they'll loose the word "food" for these.
Text still on the burners.
Posted Image

Edited by Coy, 25 June 2009 - 07:30 PM.

#30 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

finalized labels (sorta) need to add some additional information from the company but the designs have been finalized.

drinks.
Posted Image

Ice cream
Posted Image

Sauces.
Posted Image

Spa products.
Posted Image

Custom Seal to be placed on each lable.
Posted Image

This one still needs to be finalized but so far they like it.

Custom UPC.
Posted Image

#31 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

AWESOME UPCs!!! I HATE having to stick UPCs on stuff - those are sweet!

#32 samsungln52a630

samsungln52a630

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

these are some cool designs. I like to see manufacturers are getting creative with the UPS symbols

#33 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

AWESOME UPCs!!! I HATE having to stick UPCs on stuff - those are sweet!

Thanks,
I actually came to them w/ the idea and never heard anything else about it until Monday when they asked me if I could do something cool w/ the UPC using the elephant. So this was my first thought when I'd suggested it to them, but didn't do anything till they asked.

If you hate to stick UPC's on stuff, then quite trying to change the price on products. LOL ;)

these are some cool designs. I like to see manufacturers are getting creative with the UPC symbols

Thank you for you comments. I like their selection on the newer sauce labels better than the Plaid design.

#34 Alovesopure777

Alovesopure777

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

I definitely think the text around the flower works a lot better than the text below it. It just seems to really flow well with the shape of the flower. The original text without a stroke or something is hard to read too.. but I guess sometimes you just have to do what the client wants, regardless of what looks better visually :p

#35 shefshef019

shefshef019

• Designer
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:40 AM

I love the UPCs! I'm glad they asked you to do it! :)

I also like the "hand made just for you" seal. It's the perfect balance of organic and upscale.
Designs by Jenna Sheffler: Professional portfolio
Design Intervention: Freelance graphic and web design
Technicolor Carnival: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry and gifts

#36 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

I definitely think the text around the flower works a lot better than the text below it. It just seems to really flow well with the shape of the flower. The original text without a stroke or something is hard to read too.. but I guess sometimes you just have to do what the client wants, regardless of what looks better visually :p

True, sometimes the client wants what the client wants.

I love the UPCs! I'm glad they asked you to do it! :)

I also like the "hand made just for you" seal. It's the perfect balance of organic and upscale.

Appreciate the comments. I may try another UPC just for fun. I'm also happy w/ the seal and lucky for me I hit the nail on the head w/ the first idea. I think using the flower cut out of the green sets it off nicely.

#37 theredpea

theredpea

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:42 AM

I agree about the UPCs, I think they're great!

As for packaging, I'm keen on the ice cream so far. I think it's simple and I like the flower petal silhouettes as a substitute for an actual flower. The green elephant disappears in the orange flower.

I may have missed this-- but why don't you work in vectors? It seems like most of your work is in Photoshop...

#38 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

I agree about the UPCs, I think they're great!

As for packaging, I'm keen on the ice cream so far. I think it's simple and I like the flower petal silhouettes as a substitute for an actual flower. The green elephant disappears in the orange flower.

I may have missed this-- but why don't you work in vectors? It seems like most of your work is in Photoshop...

It's all done in illustrator. I'm not really good w/ photoshop to be honest. I've vectorized the flower picture using vector magic (the first real success when using it). I've done quite a few variations w/ color and effects on the elephant and they still like the green over orange.

My fav is the ice cream also. ;) I tried to have them use that flower as part of their logo at first but they are set on the photo-looking one. what can you do they like what they like. it also limits the labels somewhat as well.

Thanks for the feedback its greatly appreciated.

#39 AlottaDots

AlottaDots

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

Its too late i know. But i was just thinking. Instead of the elephant inside the flower. How about the pedals of the flower outside the elephant? So that the pedals are working around the outside shape of the body taking to his form, instead. That way the elephant is still in the center but not just laying in it.

#40 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:27 PM

Its too late i know. But i was just thinking. Instead of the elephant inside the flower. How about the pedals of the flower outside the elephant? So that the pedals are working around the outside shape of the body taking to his form, instead. That way the elephant is still in the center but not just laying in it.

I see what your saying, but some clients want a certain thing and cannot be detured from that. They are willing to pay the increased cost of the printing to make sure the imagery is the best it can be.

I've just had a few other Projects from them sent my way.
Smoothie labels - which I suggested we stay w the same look as the tea/lemonade just use a softer palet for colors. they felt the same way.
cookie lables.
gift box lables.
world coffee lables
Custom Boxes and drink carriers to be done in CAD-this will require alot of R&D for some of my ideas but I think will be well worth it.

so it looks like this thread will be getting longer. LOL;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users