• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 relz2011

relz2011

Banned

• Banned
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hello guys. Can you give clue which is the best camera? Nikkon or Canon?

#2 Zerbo

Zerbo

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

It has been said that in the past Nikon was a leader in the 35 mm field. When the world changed from film to digital and medium format cameras became extremely overpriced, many professional shooters went back to 35 mm cameras. Each company jockeys for position and it does seem like Cannon is edging out the competition. With that said ... A new Cannon EOS T4 has just been released in June 2012 and is an affordable entry level camera ( about $1200 US ). It might be handy to note ... when buying a kit ( body and lens ) be sure to hold out and get the STM lens. It improves the focus abilities and that is key to getting GREAT results. I own both Nikon gear with many lenses and also have three Cannon cameras in the bag ... more and more it is the Cannon gear getting used - hopes this helps -Z

#3 dthais

dthais

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

the difference between them is that nikon has more cold colors than canon( because of the lenses) but the quality is pretty much the same.

#4 FullHeads

FullHeads

• Designer
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

best is relative, so you can find all you need heare as well as comparing cameras

Digital Photography Review
really good about photo hardware

#5 sunface

sunface

• Designer
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

In my experience Canon camera is the best for Digital.
Visit.
Photography Fundamentals | Phototuts+

#6 matstone

matstone

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

The difference is YOU: colors can be corrected, sharpnes increased, resolution is not so important. At this tech level every tech spec is almost the same. Improve your lightning, framing, expression skills and you'll (really) improve your photography.

#7 mariawasik92

mariawasik92

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

just go to the shop and try nikon and canon, think which one fits better in your hands. i think the only difference is in details, and as it was said before, tech spec is almost the same.
for example i use nikon just because my first camera was d40x and now i am used to this interface, buttons and everything, and nikon seems little bit more tough than canon, but maybe it's just my personal judgement. :)

#8 DreamSky

DreamSky

• Designer
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

Comparing brands vs. brands won't do you any good. Better compare models vs. models. Both Nikon and Canon have some amazing models in every class (BOTH of these brands are creme de la creme in DSLR cameras :) ), you just have to find the right one for you.
It also really depends on what you are using it for and how you use it.

FullHeads above has given you a link to probably the best site for camera reviews.
When I bought my Nikon D90 I read a review there (I can try to find the link if you need to) that was comparing my model vs. 2 other models in the same class, a Canon camera amongst them. One of the differences was the sharpness of the final image. BUT this applies to the software of the camera and how it is set to adjust the jpeg files. There really was no difference when you compare the raw files.

That is why I told you that it is depends on how you use your camera. I shoot my images always in raw too and then adjust the colors, exposure, etc.

One final advice: As a start, look for a good body of the camera. What you would be changing in time is the lens, and they are what will make the difference. So make sure you have a good basis (the body), that is convenient to use for you, and then you will have room for upgrades :)
My Dreams Designing spot

"In life, the hardest thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing. Nothing that has meaning ain't easy."

#9 WJK

WJK

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Nikon seems to have had more success in recent years than Canon - does that indicate anything?

There's a vast array of cheap old Nikon-fit lenses too. I spent £15 on an old 75-300mm Sigma AF, which works perfectly well and has made be several hundred squid better off.

#10 DMahannah

DMahannah

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hey Relz!

I've been looking into purchasing a DSLR camera myself recently. Been doing a ton of research and comparing. What's been said already is all really good advice. The details in Nikon and Canon's cameras differ only slightly in most cases, so it really does come down to what feels right for you. If I were you, I would do some looking and try to narrow down your selection to a few different models, regardless of brand. Then go to a shop where you can get your hands on them. See how they feel. Do the ergonomics of the camera body feel natural? Does the button layout make sense to you? How 'bout the menus? Of course, a lot of that you can get used to over time, but it's still a good idea to try them out before buying one.

Something else to think about: are you going to be using the camera for video? And if so, to what extent? I personally am a big VFX guy, and will be using my DSLR for video a lot. I had narrowed my search down to two models: the Nikon D5100, and the Canon Rebel T3i. Both great cameras at their price point. But the Nikon D5100 doesn't give you full control over your settings in video mode, while the Canon does. For me, that was the tipping point. Just something to think about I guess.

Hope that helps. (:

#11 KChochev

KChochev

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

One day I have heard a big words about the century dilemma "Nikon or Canon":

"Take a look at the World Olympic Games and see how many white tubes there are on the tribune, and how many dark ones. Choice is yours!"

#12 rickymartin

rickymartin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

I personally using canon camera it have best result, pixels and zooming. So canon camera is best for you.

#13 Elyden

Elyden

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I personally use Nikkon camera...

#14 MrBojangles

MrBojangles

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

The difference is YOU: colors can be corrected, sharpnes increased, resolution is not so important. At this tech level every tech spec is almost the same. Improve your lightning, framing, expression skills and you'll (really) improve your photography.

I have to agree with that.
Considering this, you should also inform yourself about lenses.
Because a good camera is nothing without a good lense, and they can (CAN!) be just as expensive.

#15 Eraser

Eraser

• Designer
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Visit for details
:cool:Canon vs Nikon Digital SLR Cameras

#16 anonymousXF

anonymousXF

Banned

• Banned
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

ooh.. its really interesting reading all your opinions and information.. i have a cannon camera with me. i really don't know which camera has the best quality (Nikon or cannon) this information would really help me :)

#17 LukeGavie

LukeGavie

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

Nikkon or Canon! the age old debate. I love my Nikon, but believe that it is truly a subjective opinion. You can't go wrong with either.

#18 afm

afm

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Nikon menus are more intuitive and accessible. But I think ,in photography, it's the archer, not the arrow , like says Matstone.

#19 dologo

dologo

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

I really think their equal in terms of quality over time. Some times one has the lead and the next time its the other. So it's a matter of personal taste. I had Nikon (D80) for over five-six years and loved it. Then I bought a Canon (600D/EOS Rebel T3i/EOS Kiss X5) and the and it's also great. The prices are now so low and the picture quality so good. It's almost ridiculous.

#20 lukastatroman

lukastatroman

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

I used nikon D80 and I'm happy with the end result...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users