Early Closing.

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Manix

Manix

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Yo, I hate when you work like 3 hours. Then when you gonna post your design BAM.
You see CLOSED title. CH selected winner because liked it.
thats should solve for sure. new system.

#2 JvZ

JvZ

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Well in that case .. . since CH are the ones who did the contest .. . there's nothing you could do if they quickly choose for their most want or liked design .. . the challenge is in the designers .. . to create a design as quick as they can and win the taste of the CH.. .

• Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

I don't think it is reasonable to make the CH wait if he has already found 100% what he is looking for.

#4 Jera

Jera

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

If you got the CH's taste. Boom! You won the contest. It happened to me in WILDRAVERS logo contest. I believe it have 2days before the contest will end but he likes my design so I got. I was really surprised because I am not the number 1 in that contest. Hope I helped you on this. Goodluck

#5 SpyMouse

SpyMouse

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:55 AM

I think that CH should have to give 24 hours notice to close a contest early. That way everybody will get to upload their designs and nobody will be caught off guard.

#6 Manix

Manix

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Actually, we could select which contest we are working on. So example:
( New Logo Design 3 days left. 23 Designers working on this. )

#7 ideasstudio

ideasstudio

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

Yes, i had that experience too, just so bad.

#8 rown

rown

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

but, if CH is sure of his choice, he would not choose your design, after all. Most of the times reading comments helps prevent those things, becouse it's clear highlighted by the CH if he will to finish earlier.

#9 ursachio

ursachio

designer

• Designer
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

I happened to me.
I made a design that was more delicate finish. I was very tired and wanted to upload design the next day, with still many days to deadline.
I noted with amazement that is closed. That's the thing. I could not even upload it as a sample portfolio.
Good luck to everyone.

#10 cfmenz

cfmenz

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

I have also seen it before. It seems a little funny because there is still potential for more great designs to come in, but on the other hand, it is that particular CHs contest and they can end it if they have found what they are looking for.

#11 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

I've seen both sides of this. My harlow's harvest winner closed about 1 hour after I uploaded it and there was about a week left - I felt bad for other designers and also I would have liked more chance to refine it. I look at it now and am not all that happy with it so I've learned to try to get my designs closer to the finished product before I upload (I'm never ever 100% happy with anything though!). The CH kept saying how much they loved it so i guess that is the most important thing.

2 or 3 times I have been working on a project that has closed early. Recently On another crowd site(not as good as DC!) - I was highest rated designer and was about to upload improvements when they chose a new entry as the winner - gutted. Worse still, I'm sure they would have liked my entry better!

#12 Hexart

Hexart

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

We dont know the taste of the CH as long as they really like the design draft and they feel it was the 1 they look for they can choose winner.

#13 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

When CH design the contest rules, including time, then CH should stick to it and DC should manage that.

#14 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

would you rather the contestholder waste your time with designing if they already know what design they want as the winner?

Like us on facebook

#15 masterlogo

masterlogo

Banned

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

what if the ch like 2 design can they also buy those? even if he have a gold winner.. but he also like the silver do they have to share the prize?

#16 indreamo

indreamo

• Designer
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

CH doesn't share the prize between gold and silver :) the gold winner collects the prize. in some cases if Ch wants both designs to have a choice between them, they can buy silver design by one-on-one :)

#17 indreamo

indreamo

• Designer
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

I didn't know CH can close contest before the deadline! But I think they should have a right to do it. however, in my opinion it's not good for CH to decide in a rush, on impulse, being impressed by design they already saw. it's always better to have more alternatives and some time to consider the final choice.

#18 ptu12

ptu12

• Designer
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

I understand what you felt and what you meant. Especially, for some us the idea comes often in the last minutes.

#19 tetplus

tetplus

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

This are the rules. So play!

#20 Probir Ghosh

Probir Ghosh

Banned

• Designer
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

When it's happen 1st time i wonder. it's funny. Ch personally know the winner designer? but no, Chs finally find his design. so why kill the time. take action very short time.;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users