About Contest Ratings

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 anantasteyr

anantasteyr

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

i do agree with paintedpony about text hint below the entry, and ratings systemd... the CH have to stick to their brief. i've found a highest rating points 1, 2 or 4 entry during the contest, but in the end they choose another entry that could far away from their own brief. without decreasing the previous highest rating, this make designers crazy...

#22 vlada

vlada

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

Great idea painted pony, this could be great help for the designers and CHs, only problem i see is blind rating because you have to manage designs in some order,if you arrange them by rate well there is no point in blind rate system, if you arrange them by submission number it could be hard for CH to manage large number of designs or compare different designs.Just wandering. Text hint rating system - great idea this would help problem with CH comments two.This is called creative thinking in salving problem by Painted Pony.

#23 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

I have already told my vision of rating point system somewhere in the forum threads.

We don't need a unified point system at all! We need a RANK with rating stars/bar (less like -- most like) AND COMMUNITY USER POINTS. Rank and stars/bars are used to follow the contest's progress. USER POINTS – you have to earn them being in community plus for participation in the contests. I think if designer has 2nd rank with three-four stars he definitely goes to the right direction. If designer has 1st rank but 2-3 stars means that you also in the right direction but CH expects some more work on it..

We need smth like this:

Situation 1: Contest is open.

+50 points for early entry.
+500 reporting the exact vector stock / traced images by providing overlayed image.

Situation 2: Contest is finished:

+1000 points - 1st place (gold)
+500 points - 2nd place (silver)
+400 points - 3d place (bronze)
+100 points - 4th place
+70 points - 5th place
+50 points - 6th place
+40 points - 7th place
+30 points - 8th place
+20 points - 9th place
+10 points - 10th place

EXCLUDE DUPLICATES (if designer has 3 designs ranked 1st, 3d and 4th places he gets only 1000 points)

Situation 3 (community related): In case Plagiarism voting system is implemented:

+300 points winning the voting
-500 plus violation point for the loosing.

Situation 4 (community related): In case of a "newbie pre-screen" is implemented (new users have to upload, lets say, 15 different logos in order to became a fully functioning DC user), before that - he/she is on probation.

5 points to review the entry submitted by a new member
5 points – voting for a new member.

This option is for the old users who have a certain amount of user points, lets say, 5000

#24 krsbelle

krsbelle

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:20 AM

I would like to see feedback from the CH to see if I am going in the right direction. I would be helpful definately.

#25 lperwas

lperwas

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

I think that would be a great idea. They could make it so that if you scroll over your ratings it would show the definition that the contest holder choose for the design. Below is a image of what I am talking about.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9375[/ATTACH]

I think this is a great idea! It would also be awesome if, along with the definition, have any comments associated with the submission appear when you scroll over it.

#26 ideasstudio

ideasstudio

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

I love the text hint idea

It make designers very convinient, good idea.

#27 yahl

yahl

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

I don't think "you are going in the wrong direction" is meaningful, I rather see an icon with an option for the designer to withdraw the design and replace it with another so we don't waste a submit. What do you think?
Ecuador is a paradise of contradictions.:D

#28 rown

rown

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

maybe option with blind points is worth to consider. Technically CH should see all ratings and designs in his order, but other designers can't, till the contest is finnished.

#29 LifeFX

LifeFX

Banned

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

I like the idea.. this would prevent from copying a concept from other designers..

#30 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Rown, I kinda like the idea. Still, it wouldn't solve overall problem with copying (image are visible, while the comments could reveal CH favorites), but could be reduced.

#31 krsbelle

krsbelle

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Awesome idea

#32 Dalband

Dalband

Banned

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

good idea, paintedpony...

#33 Alexys

Alexys

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

You all look concerned about rating points when this is actually a minor problem. What really matters is the communication that will lead you to the right direction to get 1st position in the contest. As we all know or expect some of the CH do not spend the time to explain to everybody what’s right or wrong and sometimes they don’t even bother to rate the designs. That’s why I see 2 things that will not be embraced by many of my colleagues:

First, I think we need order for us. To get feedback I find disturbing the way some of the comments are on the site… Dozens of: “Dear CH, please tell me…”, “Dear CH I just uploaded…” and so on. I would say that less than 1% of designers’ posts are real questions about something related to the brief or design or anything that might not be clear. Everybody expects feedback. Praying for it does not help communication on site. There must be rules about that.

Second, the system can be upgraded in many ways; some of them may be seen on this thread. Until that happens, I suggest DC site to encourage the CH to eliminate everything that has no future. This takes less time than rating and a lot less time than posting directions.

PS: I’m new and I haven’t decided if I like more the blind contest or not. BUT… Is it normal this avalanche of requests to make a contest blind? Shouldn’t be a little more discretion better than complaining to the CH that somebody can/will/do steal your work?

Edited by Alexys, 12 November 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#34 moltbandung

moltbandung

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

I like the Idea of rating the designs to shows appreciation to the designers' effort, it's important for many of us although there are designers who think otherwise. I also do like the blind contest in which the CH actively participate and give feedback and rating to all designs.
When the contest is not blind I prefer the mentioned idea that only the owner who can see the rating (need the site improvement), hence the entries are sorted by number achieved when the entry is uploaded.

#35 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I like the idea of paintedpony but along with it I suggest to explain the contest holders to rate every entry they see even if with 1 point. There are some CH's that don't look at the entries consequently. There are situations that one entry before me is elimineted, 10'th entry after me has points and I don't have. After some time my entry is rated or eliminated. Sometimes it is very hard to understant if the CH hasn't seen your entry or he doesn't like it

Edited by savina, 08 January 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#36 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

@savina~ I think some CH like to 'cherry pick' through their contest - eliminating entries they don't think will work/don't like and rating some entries immediately that catch their eye, which then leaves some entries hanging - makes you wonder if CH saw it? Do they like it? I think in those cases, CH is still thinking about those entries and might need to get opinions and consult with others in their business as to how to rate.

I've entered some contests like that where CH has eventually come back and rated. I even won a couple contests in those situations - from no rating at all to gold. (While other entries had ratings). Nice surprise! :) I know it does make me wonder if they are looking at all entries, but if the entry has not been eliminated, I guess it could be considered a good thing - you could still have a chance. It would be nice though if all entries were rated so you know where you stand in the contest.

#37 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

PaintedPony I guess you are right but for now I submit 1-2-3 ideas at first to see if the CH likes them. If so I try to make them better if he doesn't I try to make something different (habbit from the upload limit I think) I guess I am not used to their strange behavior yet. :)

#38 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

That is exactly what I do too - I usually enter 2-3 concept comps to see if CH likes. Depending on how they are rated, I will make some revisions/improvements. If they are eliminated, then it is back to the drawing board. :)

#39 ozie

ozie

Banned

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I've found 1, 2 or more contest that CH never give any feedback unless they got a winner! I would like to see feedback from the CH to see if I am going in the right direction.

#40 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Ozie, there are more. I am now trying to receive feedback on two blind contests where the CH gave me good rating points but..........
Because they are blind I don't know if they don't give any feedback or just to me:) I guess the CH's have their resons not to give feedbacks but maybe they dont relise how important is this for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users