Silver and Bronze medals replaced it with money tip

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 Adwadesign

Adwadesign

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

What if the silver and bronze medals replaced it with the tips, so the competition becomes more interesting, of course, the money was not for the gold medal. and of course the designer will be more spirit again

#2 jack4047

jack4047

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

that wud actually motivate designers big time

#3 baumax

baumax

Banned

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Symbolic amount along the medal will be real deal.

#4 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Good for all of us, my question is: who is going to pay the money?
I am sure admin & mods dare not come to this thread, ha ha ha...LOL:) :) :)

#5 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Sch... :p

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

I only know of one site that pays participation dollars. I do not think this will be an option I can bring the subject up in our next meeting though

Like us on facebook

#7 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

I never saw one like that, unless it is arranged by CH.

#8 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hi Sharie,
if you have it implemented, DC’s business is going to growth. Adwadesign will get his tip but three for Babba. and eximius wants to put back all of the silver he’d deleted. ha ha ha LOL:) :) :)

#9 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

I never saw one like that, unless it is arranged by CH.

Assuming it's the same site Sharie is referring to, what happens is the participation money is only available to be won by specific designers chosen by the CH. It's done this way to encourage certain designers to participate. But I don't know if it would work with DesignContest though

#10 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Happy,
I have no idea what site Sharie referred to, but so far I haven't seen any, however, I did see (couple pf times) CH awarded 3 prize, which was set at beginning... In such cases, I also think client held the right on the other two, too.

#11 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

I think if there are money for silver and bronze medals they would come off the winners prize and this is not right because only the winning design is going to be used. I suggest silver and bronze medals to be mandatory. I think this is a kind of consolation prize for the ones who almost won (were in the winning selection), but not every CH gives silver and bronze medals.
  • noksha likes this

#12 Frankie-Soo

Frankie-Soo

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 334 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

pointless for further discussions, no one is paying, it is likely not going to happen here in DC.

#13 Adwadesign

Adwadesign

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

I mean, which can be paid with cash (which can be silver and bronze) is a project that is considered difficult by CH, and competition in the project is a high competition, so there is a replacement although small, so designers will be competing again in the spirit

#14 Adwadesign

Adwadesign

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Waiting Respons....

#15 JonG303

JonG303

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

I'm confused. This thread is suggesting silver and bronze medal winners receive monetary tips as a reward? So, just a little something optional from the CH to say they liked the design? I'd feel like I was selling my design for really cheap.

#16 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

I'm confused. This thread is suggesting silver and bronze medal winners receive monetary tips as a reward? So, just a little something optional from the CH to say they liked the design? I'd feel like I was selling my design for really cheap.

You're not selling your design as a silver/bronze medal winner and you'd still hold the rights to whatever you create; you'd just receive some $$ for your efforts.

#17 VladTodirut

VladTodirut

• Designer
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

I know the website Sharie is talking about ( there are actually 2 websites that do this), money wise you don't get that much but i think it's a good moral boost. And as happyGD mentioned, you don't sell the design.
Little bonuses like these add up in time :)

#18 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

This doesn't have to do with winning money for a silver or bronze design, but another good incentive used by one site is to allow CH's the ability to recruit specific designers to participate in their contest. If the designer chooses to participate, he/she receives a small sum of money for their submitted work.

A good example would be this contest: Baby NasaKleen
The CH "info1111111111" ran a similar contest last year (http://www.designcon...esign/squeezie/) Say the CH liked designs from 4 or 5 designers... those 4 or 5 could receive a notification from the CH about the new contest and mentions if they decide to participate, they will get maybe $15-$20. This way it will encourage past designers to participate again.

#19 lstyrman

lstyrman

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

What if at least the silver medalist would get 5 $ from the competition award? It's not too much as such but maybe it could accumulate to some nice sum in the long run. I wouldn't mind if I'd lose 5 $ to the silver medalist when winning a competition.

#20 JPMGraphical

JPMGraphical

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Maybe 50 for silver and 25 for bronze.
  • idesi9n likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users