Silver and Bronze medals replaced it with money tip

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#41 Bogdanpopam

Bogdanpopam

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

For a newbie even rating points are moral boost :)
never the less some small money amounts for silver and bronze.

#42 AGUA

AGUA

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

I hope silver and bronze medals can add 3-5 dollars in the finance account. hehehehe

#43 Aizer

Aizer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

That will be great

#44 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

The silver and bronze awards would be deducted from the Gold award, whatever the amount. From the CH's position there would be no extra cost. The loser would be the Gold winner because of the subtraction. It would be encouraging to low level designers, not so much to the active, high level designers. What would it achieve from the Contest Holders' perspective? What would it do for DC? How much more administration would it take? Would this encourage even more activity in Designers' Court?

If the contests involved thousands instead of hundreds of dollars, it would encourage maximum effort on the part of the entire design community. As is, "Winner-Take All" is how it works in the real analog world (non-crowd source).

just saying...

#45 HYPdesign

HYPdesign

• Designer
  • 421 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't mind giving up $20-40 from gold prize. Of course, it should be selectable choice for CHs to include as an option, not mandatory, as someone mentioned already - it should be noted on contest brief somehow though.

It would probably compensate pretty fast and there wouldn't be that bad feeling lingering around when you get so close and all you got for hard work was a few silvery/bronze pixels ;)

#46 s331ng3y35

s331ng3y35

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

IMO, even just a single dollar (or two) for the bronze and silver medals would certainly encourage participants further. For designers who have already reached higher levels, getting all these bronze and silver medals are just a waste of time. A tiny reward would at least give some cheer for these designers who are already working so hard and getting a decent rating from the CH.

#47 Sepsix

Sepsix

• Designer
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

is it possible to recycle the silver and bronze medal logo designs into another contest? :)

#48 Probir Ghosh

Probir Ghosh

Banned

• Designer
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

Sound like so sweet. 50 for silver and 25 for bronze idea is not bad.

#49 rosanera

rosanera

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

I think we must remember that, from 'the other side of the screen there are people, and these people, by posting their ideas, work. Often with good ideas, but not win, because there are others better than themselves or less similar to the idea that CH want for his brand, and this can 'happen many, many, many times. I'm new here, but old in other platforms like this. It happens so many times without ever having to work a gratification.
If you din't, it is not always the amount of bad designer, I happened to see great designer unrated, so if it is a job for a CH really appreciable, but not winning, it would be nice to have just $5 for the work done for the time spent on the contest and to the effort and creativity.
The CH can select this option at the end at start of the contest annunced this possibility, if the ch select a winner but decide to select reward for 2nd 3rd place, on 200 $ can be divided:
190 $ for winner, 5$ and 5$ for 2nd and 3rd.
2nd and 3rd are not winner, so they can use the designs for other contest, they will be rewarded only for their good job.

I think that 50$ or 25$ is a lot for CH and for DC. Finally you pay 75$ more than before. Is not a lot to refund time, creativity and others things, but a lot to ensure a prize for all, in all contest.

#50 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

I occasionally do work on other crowd source sites.
Many give the CH the optional opportunity to award a "participation" award to the designers who did not win but who contributed well to the contest.
The number and amount to be determined by the CH, usually $20 each for the next two to three designers.
It takes some of the bitterness out of a losing effort on a big project.:)

#51 kimc22

kimc22

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

This thread is very interesting, it motivates designer who give efforts on the contest. $20-$10 is enough for efforts :D

#52 PAVIAN

PAVIAN

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

I like the idea what Herbert posted.

"The number and amount to be determined by the CH, usually $20 each for the next two to three designers.
It takes some of the bitterness out of a losing effort on a big project."

Maybe for Contest which is willing to pay for their logo more than the minimum amount.
It really depends on the CH but it would be something good if silver or bronze medal winners will have a motivation still
to work on other projects as well maybe next time they will win the gold but with all their hardwork
this is something in exchange. This idea of tipping to silver & bronze winners could encourage more designers.

#53 wbeehive

wbeehive

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

Hello,
I do agree with the point. Yes the second and third designer should also be awarded

#54 DCreations

DCreations

• Designer
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

That would be great for us a member of the designers..

#55 DESIGNKB

DESIGNKB

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

yep ! agree : please go for scond place and 3 the place prize money
that would be a great boost for many of us!

#56 Oleksandrm

Oleksandrm

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

This was implemented on new website. Topic is closed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users