• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:30 PM

I wanted to share the photos of Izmir, the city I live in, and hope to see how do your cities look like :)

P.S. Please do not post photos which are more than 600 px in width.

Posted Image

Shortly, Izmir is Turkey's third largest city (About 3 million inhabitants) and second most important port. A city of palm-lined promenades, avenues and green parks set in sweeping curves along a circular bay, Izmir has an exceptionally mild climate and many fine places.

#2 greenidentity

greenidentity

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:35 AM

Wow it is beautiful. I am supposed to visit Izmir quite soon, don't know exactly when yet but these pictures definately help me to have an ideea of what will I expect :)
If the rain stops over here, I might take some shots of the city I live in too ;)

#3 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:32 AM

That's a beautiful place. I will get out my camera and take some pictures of the Las Vegas no one sees...its actually quite dull :)
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#4 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:46 AM

haha one of my fathers clients just got back from Las Vegas and yea all the malls and shoppes and hotels and such are sooooo gaudy ....lol I gotta get my camera out and take a ride around town a take a few pics ......
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#5 exo

exo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

well, I live in SF, so I'm sure everyone's seen what this city looks like. Just picture it with more homeless people than you can ever thought possible and you'll have the whole story.

#6 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:50 AM

Thanks folks, I am looking forward to seeing your cities :).

#7 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

Next day I take off you have my word ....I will ride around town and take some pics....

#8 .mike

.mike

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:55 PM

my city is Newyorkcity so you all know how it looks i belive.

#9 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:59 PM

my city is Newyorkcity so you all know how it looks i belive.

Maybe you would like to show us some different aspects of NY :) .

#10 apresico

apresico

Guru

• Designer
  • 1210 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:05 PM

thats a wonderful place seawise. beautiful pictures. This is my hometown. Quite a different looking place. We just don't have buildings like in your city. but the houses are super colorful. lol. :) Everytime someone visits our city, they go downtown on a street called George Street, and if you drink, you drink a glass of this black liqour called screech and you have to kiss a cod (fishhead) if you are new to the city. funny huh? lol. Its not a requirement obviously, its done as a funny type of entertainment. we also have our own dictionary for the words we have. See it at this link. http://www.heritage....ry/d1ction.html
Here are the pictures!

Posted Image

#11 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

Thanks apresico :). Well i am not really a big fan of big buildings indeed. I loved the colorful look of your hometown. Hey a lot of trees kept alive, that is great. How is the climate there?

#12 Innov8

Innov8

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:28 AM

Melbourne, AUS

Posted Image

Great thread seawise, I'v always enjoyed seeing what life on the other side of the world's like.
INNOV8MEDIA.NET

#13 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

That looks like a nice place.... by the way do you like Australia?

#14 Innov8

Innov8

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:02 AM

Yer mate its true, Australia does rock. But it is slowly becoming America's side kick so soon any unique image we once had will soon be lost, along with innocent lives fighting an unnecessary war.
INNOV8MEDIA.NET

#15 apresico

apresico

Guru

• Designer
  • 1210 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:18 AM

seawise: it is decently warm in summer (we only have 3 months of summer) and in the winter, snow is piled up over our heads. way over our heads. lol. we get a lot of blizzards in the winter, but summer is wonderful. As well, there are no natural storms like hurricanes or anything, so its quite a peaceful climate besides for the snow. We have a LOT of trees. its really nice.

#16 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:30 PM

Snow is great. We don't have much of that here in İzmir. We have 4 months of summer July and August is crazy hot. We have many beaches to the Aegean Sea so everbody's and they are 40 minutes at most by car. The winters are not very tough here, mostly rain and sometimes even sunny. When it snows everybody enjoys it cause it is rare :). We also have a beautiful spring. But autumn is really windy.

• Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:06 PM

finally I have sound some pictures of my home town of Kostroma, Russia. Right now I live in Toulouse, France and I must say it is much warmer here :) Will try to find some pictures of this beautiful city too.
Posted Image

#18 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:17 PM

Sergey, you don't have hills in Kostroma as far as i can understand from the pics right? It seems plain and also the buildings are in a very regular order. Unplanned construction is becoming a big problem in my city.

• Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:36 PM

no, the whole area is very plain. as for the city planning, the central part of the city is very organized (see the plan) as for other parts, I guess it's more or less like in other places :)

Posted Image

#20 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:45 PM

looks cold Russia whew! Looks like a cool city though...real nice I like those Panoramic shots too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users