Design competition fairness

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 stanojevic

stanojevic

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:56 PM

It also happened to me! I had to wait for 60 days to apply again :-( I made an typo on posting applixation and just pressed the back key on my keybord, but forgot to anter website again :-(

I think the designcontest.com runs GREAT! Any restrictions given to participants would result in much less effective site! The thing anybody can compete for non profit contest, should only be much more inspiring to those who are not design team members. This, would make them design harder, better...

P3ac3!
http://stanojevicboris.com
I love the whole world, and all its crazyness! Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da

#22 pukkadesigns

pukkadesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:41 AM

Hey Stan...

Congrats on making it as a DT member!:-) What I was trying to point out is that there are not enough opportunities for non-DT members to compete (compared to the DT members who have oodles of contests opening up weekly). If you look at the date of the last contest held in the non profit section, you will see that it is over a month old! All I am asking is that there be more opps for non DT members to compete and design, hence allowing us to hone our skills.

Is this asking for the impossible?:-)

I wouldn't mind turning into a vermilion goldfish//Henri Matisse

#23 pukkadesigns

pukkadesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:02 PM

oops, double post!

• Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:17 PM

Hey Stan...

Congrats on making it as a DT member!:-) What I was trying to point out is that there are not enough opportunities for non-DT members to compete (compared to the DT members who have oodles of contests opening up weekly). If you look at the date of the last contest held in the non profit section, you will see that it is over a month old! All I am asking is that there be more opps for non DT members to compete and design, hence allowing us to hone our skills.

Is this asking for the impossible?:-)

maybe it would be better to spread the word about DC among non-profit organizations? :)

#25 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:25 PM

there are so many non-profit organizations ...how about just setting up a little advertising fund type thing where some percentage of the DT contests profits will go into and use that for Google AdSense ....just target yourself to Non-profit type sites.... As far as I'm concerned I really don't care how many non-profit comps come up lol..... I have actuallly lost interest in joining the design team as well (not in a malicious way :D ) just don't have time ;)
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#26 pukkadesigns

pukkadesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:28 PM

maybe it would be better to spread the word about DC among non-profit organizations? :)

I am so glad you mentioned this Resuprepus!! I think it is a great idea!

#27 pukkadesigns

pukkadesigns

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:33 PM

there are so many non-profit organizations ...how about just setting up a little advertising fund type thing where some percentage of the DT contests profits will go into and use that for Google AdSense ....just target yourself to Non-profit type sites....

Now that's thinking! :-) I always love a win-win situation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users