• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 amaria

amaria

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:04 PM

Hi all! I have to design the logo for a brasilian/mexican/spanish restaurant. at first the owner asked me to do something that would suggest brazil(blue, green,yellow possibly red, eventually include the flag somehow) but didn't like my first proposals
Posted Image
and asked me to do it more mexican(include the red, a sombrero)
i did this
Posted Image
but wasn't what he was looking for.. now i'm back to the brazilian theme and make it more elegant(it seems that the restaurant will be in an old building, with old looking furniture, brasilian at the first floor and more mexican at the second) i'm stuck :confused:
i know my designs are not that great but i hope i will improve(everybody starts somewhere) if pushed in the right direction... so pleeease help :D

#2 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

HI:) I think the sun logo, second row has potential, play with the font and colors...it could be great...the bottom 4 logos, are too busy...
For inspiration...goggle aztec art, click on the resulted images....plenty to draw from, and inspire you...:)good luck:)

#3 jadedragon

jadedragon

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

If I were u I would do some reserch on brazil, u know history, brazilian art and stuff and I'm sure something will cath your eye and give u some inspiratin.
:D

#4 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

I actually love the bottom four logos, too bad your client wasn't into them. I agree that of the top logos, the sun logo from the top has the most potential. I'd like to see you bring some of the classy line art from the bottom logos into that one. Good luck!

#5 /* No Comment*/

/* No Comment*/

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:58 PM

maybe u could mix second and third logo into one...

#6 Alter_Eggo

Alter_Eggo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:15 PM

I like your logos, maybe your client didn't quite like them because they aren't quite edible enough. Well, edible isn't the word I mean, but that gets the idea across. :) Even when you did a logo with some food in it, it didn't make me hungry. In fact, I didn't realize it was food except that I already knew it was for a restaurant.

What does Villa Rodizio mean in English? Can you also include the word 'restaurant' on the logo? Make sure that your logo can describe the entireity of the restaurant, without anything else helping it.

When I think about Mexico/Brazil, I think about the colors you see, not just the red/yellow/green but the colors of the houses, colors of the dirt, the landscape. What is that stuff they use on their houses, stucco?

#7 amaria

amaria

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:29 AM

Hi! thank you for all your replies.
They didn't like the first logos I made, so there would be no point to change them. the second time they said they wanted something that represents the theme of the restaurant (is a style of restaurant service in Brazilian and Portuguese restaurants. One pays a fixed price and the waiters bring an offering of food to each customer at several times throughout the meal, until the customers signify that they have had enough. Servers come to the table with knives and a skewer, on which are speared various kinds of meat, most commonly local cuts of beef, pork, or chicken. This service is typical in churrascarias.) the fact that you didn't realized that it's about food is a problem :( i've tried to make tle logo a bit more elegant whilst trying to incorporate the brazilian specific(i don't like it.. but i don't know what to do)
Posted Image

i will try to make a logo with a villa too..
thank you again for your feedback :)

#8 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:24 PM

The Wikipedia entry on churrascarias has a lot of links to other churrascaria websites. Maybe you can find some inspiration there. :)

#9 famousartguy

famousartguy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 08:00 PM

I actually like the sun logo - does have good possibilities amybe even add that colorful boder from the round logos to the bottom of the sun logo...maybe play around with that, but none- the-less wish you the best!
www.illustratortips.com http://www.famousartguy.com

#10 gETin

gETin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:57 AM

Dont know if i m going to help now, i m from Portugal, some restaurants here have that particular idea, where costumer gets various types of food, that is dropped to the plate by the waiter, these act is called "rodizio" . take a look at these: http://www.boinabrasa.com/ and http://www.brasileirao.net/ these are 2 rodizio restaurants very well known here.
In my opinion your logo should have hot colours, include the sausages, the skewer and knive like you are doing, the font for Villa is very good, but you could work the rodizio font and colors.Ah, and mexicans or spanishs don t have nothing to do with these hehe, original idea comes from Brasil, i think. hugs

#11 Al3x

Al3x

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:37 PM

You might wanna try some other fonts, more festive fonts or maybe someting more serif.

#12 tpuentes

tpuentes

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:01 PM

Go with the one with the sun burst, play with the font and colors and please forget about the idea of pasting the flags into the text.
Also be careful when adding food elements due to they may not apply to all 3 countries

#13 ulahts

ulahts

• Designer
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:06 PM

I agree with tpuentes. Loose the flags...better fonts...try some like Petra Script...for example...has rough edges...it is visible and apealling.
The logos....hmmmm...the sun yes...is "smart"...but not related to a old house kinda look restaurant.

Try to build up a scape...think of a tree or something that's in that place i am heading...ornamental fence and a glass on a table in the corner, warm...inviting apealling ...but what i am saying here is too much....think about a window look out of a stylish brazilian restaurant. Hopefully this helps..

#14 LionGraphics

LionGraphics

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:59 AM

I liked the first set of logos better but can definitely see where you were having problems -- the fond seems too simple and a bit dull. The sun logo could be interesting with better color in it and larger text -- maybe much larger. The second set of logos were nice, but the fonts and colors didn't really tie together for me at all. The sombrero logos were very nice but again the text was lost -- maybe larger and bolder. You could probably make more room for text by getting rid of that skewer that crosses over the filled skewer. The empty one doesn't need to be there and makes some of the logos too busy. Nice work so far, though -- If you finished the logo by now, I'd love to see what you ended up with! :)

#15 aitek

aitek

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

i think your originals look better, the symbols/art work look really good, i think your text could use a little pizazz. The newer kabob themed ones look a little japanese bbqish to me, really quality work tho..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users