Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

2006-11-16--The Superhero

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

Oh, I can't compete with the great entries in the contest, but I still had some fun drawing my "superhero". His name is SergeyMan and his power is obviously in his muscles. But the thing is that he becomes this muscular once every 28 years and stays in this form for only about 20 minutes. In fact I did this as a live drawing of myself. Oh well, I just realized how I wasted the 20 superpower minutes which were given to me to save innocent people and capture villains :(

#42 DaveZAT

DaveZAT

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:41 PM

I sure hope you only use your power for good, not evil.

#43 DaveZAT

DaveZAT

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:43 PM

Yes, I can see some features of the robocop character in DaveZAT's drawing, and I don't see anything wrong with being inspired by the movie.

It's hard to design anything that looks original anymore. I agree, he does look a bit like robocop - I think it's the Devo glasses.

#44 MIHAI1984

MIHAI1984

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:12 PM

Not only the glasses, but the idea also.
I didnt mean it as a bad thing, just as a remark

#45 DaveZAT

DaveZAT

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:59 PM

Not only the glasses, but the idea also.
I didnt mean it as a bad thing, just as a remark

You know my original idea was to do just a brain in a glass jar but that was done in Robocop 2. There just isn't any originality in cyborgs anymore.

#46 kvasaclimited

kvasaclimited

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:43 AM

I though I'd try something different.
Why have just one superhero when you can have as many as you want. Need a flying one? Uber strong? Invisible? The wait is over, cause we have a deal for you..
Posted Image
Dragan Ciric
AetherScapes

#47 mundosanto

mundosanto

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:48 AM

You know my original idea was to do just a brain in a glass jar but that was done in Robocop 2. There just isn't any originality in cyborgs anymore.

Mine also has a brain in a glass jar :eek: ... anyway I wouldnt use the history, is like an idea of how the AIDS was created, but I have to tell you GOOD SKILL SHOWN in your illustration, I like the details.

I agree with you about originality, maybe the robots and cyborgs is an idea taken from 80's, the superheros in this years are more humans or animal, more bio. Nice work anyway.

#48 CoolShady

CoolShady

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:23 AM

hey everybody ive been away from here (vacation) and now i came back and seen this superhero thing i love the idea cause im working on a comic book and here is my own super hero (THE FIFTH PRINCE).

aeon is his name he came from another galaxy thats vanished the galaxy had five planet the main planet where the king lived and had 4 sons each one ruling a planet , but EVA the sorcery of that galaxy wanted to rule the galaxy and obtain the ultimate power f those planet , she killed all the sons and headed to the king , the king felt that the end is coming so he sent his lovely pregnant wife to another galaxy, and the kind sacrificed his life for his upcoming son (aeon).

They lived in earth happily but his mother died and aoen start wakening the power thats been living inside him. and a new trait coming to earth duo to the resuraction of EVA . and he need to stop her to save our galaxy.
Posted Image
coolshadyDesign

#49 DaveZAT

DaveZAT

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:25 AM

Mine also has a brain in a glass jar :eek: ... anyway I wouldnt use the history, is like an idea of how the AIDS was created, but I have to tell you GOOD SKILL SHOWN in your illustration, I like the details.

I agree with you about originality, maybe the robots and cyborgs is an idea taken from 80's, the superheros in this years are more humans or animal, more bio. Nice work anyway.

Yes, next time I'll have to stick to some thing more orgainic. Sr. Lapsus is really cool - love the brain in the jar.

#50 shawkash

shawkash

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:00 AM

Thats got to be my favourite so far, couldn't think of a more cliched name though could you.

Extra Super Birdo is not very original, but at least can be memorized : )

#51 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:09 AM

Anyone like my story and character on post #27 ? Any responses can help not only myself but others on their next posts :D

#52 MIHAI1984

MIHAI1984

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:40 AM

If i tell this one ill become the one with made scripts. I dont know, but it seems to me that the story in post #27 seems like the story of a 3dlike animation series :). They used nanites to powerup a human and let him fight against terorrism. But your and the other posters are only similar to those stories. I didnt say they were not original. The only thing is that when i see them a memory of a similar plot comes to mind. I dont have something with you or your design so please dont take it personally. Thanks

#53 tpuentes

tpuentes

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:35 PM

This is Timmy Trouble, the shower curtain super hero.
Super powers? Convincing kids to take a shower everyday!!

Posted Image

#54 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:58 PM

Thanks MIHAI1984 -- man it seems like there's no room for originality LOL - almost all ideas seem to be taken! -- Yeah with my story on #27 I just tried thinking of the more advanced things there are -- the super hero "Nightmare" isnt from earth, he's an alien pretty much - way more advanced lol.. I dunno, I had fun writing it - seems like I havn't done something that has to do with a superhero in forever! Thanks again for the reply :D

#55 gaiden81

gaiden81

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:34 AM

What does one do when he has 100+ characters already created. Oy! What a prediciment. Which three do I choose?

• Guests

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:35 AM

What does one do when he has 100+ characters already created. Oy! What a prediciment. Which three do I choose?

well, actually it would be nice if you could design a character specificly for this contest :) It wouldn't hut to have 101 characters, right? ;)

#57 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:21 PM

hahaha, timmy trouble is the best!!

#58 Al3x

Al3x

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:13 PM

:)
-|-
/\

This is my super hero MR SMILEY. He has the power to make everyone express their smiley selves during MSN conversations and through the use of forums. He also has the ability to summon other power friends of his, these include BIG GRIN Snr and DR MAD

As if no-one else though of him.

#59 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:25 PM

:)
-|-
/\

This is my super hero MR SMILEY. He has the power to make everyone express their smiley selves during MSN conversations and through the use of forums. He also has the ability to summon other power friends of his, these include BIG GRIN Snr and DR MAD

As if no-one else though of him.

Simple but creative :)
****RETIRED MODERATOR****

#60 Al3x

Al3x

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:50 PM

You see, his powers are working already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users