Force contest holders to rate the entries

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 vibrasphere

vibrasphere

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Hello. I am new to DC, I'm level 1 and I reached my 3 designs upload limit. I read the FAQs and it says I will level up by posting on forums and getting rating points. So if I am right, you get rating points from contest holder when he rates your actual designs right? What if the contest holder isn't rating any design from any designers at all?

Would be nice if contest holders were forced to rate the entries (at least one entry from a same designer) so the newcomers to DC would level up.

Or will I level up to level 2 from just posting on forums?

The situation is just ridiculous.

Edited by vibrasphere, 22 February 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#2 damn82

damn82

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

not good

#3 JPMGraphical

JPMGraphical

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

Crazy, but they are allowed a level of rudeness as they are potential customers. I have seen fantastic designs not even get rated. This is madness. Ect.

#4 damn82

damn82

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

just try 99designs bro,,it diferent with this.

#5 vibrasphere

vibrasphere

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I don't know if it's really legit to advertise competitors website damn82. And anyway I noticed you already posted twice in my thread nothing but spam, looks like someone's trying to make some points by trashing forums.

#6 damn82

damn82

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

i don't understand about what d'you wanted,, just ended this conversation. you only provoke me and DC.

#7 scriptink

scriptink

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

I Think it better if DC introduce primary selection to CH...

Like when Designer submit his entry CH MUST SEE AND DO PRIMARY selection in simple option YES or NO this way designer know what his status

#8 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

As far as I know, you can ask the CH to rate your entry and so, explain in a nice way that you only have a limited submissions and, you need his/her ratings for you be able to submit another entry again...

I actually got problems with this also, because I thought, for once, that it is forbidden to ask the CH to rate your work. But thanks to SHARIE who explained everything to me... Just ask the CH in a nice and humble way, and explain what you have... :)

#9 ImagedFX

ImagedFX

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

It is kind of a crazy process. Does not make sense to me :)

#10 ImagedFX

ImagedFX

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

From my contest the ch had no clue how to give a person more entries. He finally figured it out and unless your images is rated you are out of luck :)

#11 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

Oh, speaking of "luck" , not everyone has the power to own it... I, myself, too! (laughs) :D it's not wrong if you try to explain the CH your situation of having a limited submissions... Just be polite and humble when you ask for it, there's nothing wrong with that, as far as I can see. :p :)

#12 ImagedFX

ImagedFX

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

Yah but in doing so you kind of set yourself back in my opinion. It should be the same all the way across.

I like the fact you are allowed a certain number of entries, however that being said it is kind of a pain having to ask especially when ch is the one asking you to do the change. It is not a good thing in my eyes.

#13 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

Maybe you got a thing there. But still, rules are rules... And as we join here, we are responsible of following those. :) just be happy and be positive of what you got right now. I'm just a member here a month ago and I can honestly say that I started empty... Glad that I learned new things... Just have an open mind and go through the flow. ;)

#14 damn82

damn82

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

The solution is not very effective. Unethical if we ask CH to give rate for our designs, whereas CH is not necessarily like the design?. If we ask to CH to eliminate our designs, surely he will respond quickly.
As far as my participation in DC, it seems that there are contests in DC is very messy and less tasteful art.
Still better 99designs.com.
I hope you read this message DC admins.

Edited by damn82, 25 March 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#15 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

A contest becomes "messy" only for the participants who don't participate well... I think, there's nothing wrong if you ask for ratings even if the CH doesn't necessarily likes your work. Just ask for it in a good manner, explain why you need the ratings, because you have reasons for asking it (like what is stated above and what always been a problem -- you have reached the maximum level of your uploads) :)

Maybe it just becomes unethical if you ask for it just for no reasons... Like, you only wanna higher your ratings, or wanna level up. Got my point?

#16 ImagedFX

ImagedFX

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Meow i agree with other post. If you are seeking recognition by asking it is not a good thing :)

I am not a fan of how it works here.

#17 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

the ch has this information and also can be found easily in the contestholder knowledgebase

Like us on facebook

#18 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Meow i agree with other post. If you are seeking recognition by asking it is not a good thing :)

I am not a fan of how it works here.

--------------

I don't understand why you have to say these things and all that. Besides, if you don't like it here, then you don't have to sell me those other links like 99designs.com... I like it here far more better than the other site...

#19 ImagedFX

ImagedFX

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hmmm which links are you talking about? I never sent you any links and am simply giving my views. Anyways end of discussion.

#20 damn82

damn82

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

ImagedFx; Sorry, I was actually giving that link, not you, sorry for Meowchi's mistake. She was too naive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users