• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 RealTechnique

RealTechnique

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 04:06 PM

What's good everyone? This is Real Techniuqe and I'm new to the forum. I need some feed back, I have a website that I been working on and would really like to know what other designers think. Check it out http://www.RealTechniqueDesigns.com

oNe!

#2 nyxxie

nyxxie

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:48 PM

First, I really like some of your work, I think its awesome. I don't think your portfolio is bad, just needs a little more work.

The first thing that bothered me was the music. Because I'm playing music myself and it was just really annoying. Maybe if you played it just for a few seconds, and then had it fade away.

I like the set up you have. Its very simple and straight to the point. I'm not sure if I like the background. I think its just a little too busy.

About the navigation at the top, I don't understand why you have "Portfolio" and "Creative". It takes you to the same page.

I like the navigation to the left, BUT all this navigation seems a little confusing. I'm not sure what way I want to go. And when I click on "Logos" for instance, it takes me to the same page as the "Portfolio" one does, and not directly to the logos. I think it should take you directly there.

It's also bothersome that the portfolio menu opens up in a different window.

The load time was a bit slow when I went inside of the actual portfolio. And it took me a while to see that there was a way to actually turn the music off finally.

And also, while I'm viewing the designs, I see that there is no way to get back to the front of the page. Unless I missed it. I see that there's a little button in the top left hand corner, but it doesn't do anything except take me back and forth to the menu and designs.

BTW, I'm using Firefox.

I hope this helps. Take or leave anything. Good luck :) And welcome to DC!

#3 RealTechnique

RealTechnique

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:38 AM

Thanks for the critique!! I plan to make some of those changes soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users