Punishment

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

I think it would be a nice lesson for the designer who is caught on using stock/traced images – all his entries should be removed from the contest he was reported and designer needs to be kicked from that contest so he is not able to submit new designs for CH. As far as I know, designer gets only infraction points for that and mod deletes only reported entries.

This is a serious violation. It's not just using someone's idea and to be inspired by someone...
  • savina and nav like this

#2 vasantnavnit

vasantnavnit

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

content removed content removed content removed

#3 HYPdesign

HYPdesign

• Designer
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

Well, I saw even banned designers selling their designs because, "ch wanted his entry as the winner so this designer is now on a temp un-ban to finish up this contest for a contestholder"

I mean, WTF?! :) I'm all in for more strict punishment.

#4 zounds

zounds

• Designer
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

all design contests should be blind, it is a protection for the good ideas and creativity, as most designers do not have this capability and turn the ideas of others. removing points is not fair, it's just total expulsion. I'm sick of this ****** when I see this kind of people is protected in this way

#5 Sepsix

Sepsix

• Designer
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

Blind contest is good but the risk is some of the CH do not know if the design they choosed is a copied design.

#6 Sepsix

Sepsix

• Designer
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Totally agree 2U...

#7 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

thats why we have mods here... they have to monitor this issue

#8 Probir Ghosh

Probir Ghosh

Banned

• Designer
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

Reading this post. it is very helpful for designers. this information for everyone must read. Thanks for sharing. very carefully doing my job.

#9 RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

I have to say... I'm kinda agreeing with Zounds. Just an opinion, but I think blind contests helps both the CH and the designers in the long run...

#10 Sepsix

Sepsix

• Designer
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:45 AM

by the way, i'm just too curious about the logo contest ONEDAY AVATAR.. Ch already choose a winner and i got bronze medal on that contest, but then weeks or more the contest was re-opened and our design is gone.. anyone knows what really happened to that contest?

#11 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:19 AM

The designer was banned and all medals were removed, the contest was then opened back up. The ch may ask for a refund, this we do not know yet

• Sepsix likes this

Like us on facebook

#12 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:53 AM

I suppose the infraction for this is more than 10 points.
I suggest if it happens that someone wins with a clipart/stockimage and the CH wants to use it - the cheater to get not only infraction but to receive only 50% of the price money. Other 50% can go to DC for the troubles he makes to the admins and CH. Or go to the 2nd and 3rd one for the unfair advantage he has.
If someone wins with a concept copy he shares price with a concept owner. Its kind of similar situation.
I believe knowing that they will receive only 50% of the money if win and caught, will reduce the copiers

#13 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:09 AM

Clipart user=not belong here. Permanent ban if get caught as the honour to the catcher's time for investigating.
It is logo "design" contest, not diy logo contest. Infraction point is not worth it.
  • savina and GJR like this

#14 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:36 AM

Well yeah but there are some newbies that just don't know its not allowed

Maybe if its in the test when you register. Or you get banned if caught twice

#15 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:40 AM

"Infraction points is not worth it" - thats why I suggest money reducement. They get 25$ off your price if you don't upload source files in 24h, but you get full price when you win with a clipart, since your work in there deserves no more than 50%

#16 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:47 AM

And a list of exclusions - Continents, country maps are geographical not artistic elements. Maybe there are more but I can't think of other example right now.

#17 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:49 AM

Before submit the design in logo contest, there should be (add) a declaration questionaire whether it contains a clip art or not ( if the answer is "yes",
don't allow it to be submitted, if the answer is "no", release it to be submitted ). If still get caught, permanent ban. Savina's proposal regarding the prize money is good too for consideration.

• savina likes this

#18 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:04 AM

Sorry for multiple posts...something went wrong here

#19 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:53 AM

Yeah - a declaration it doesn't contain clipart/stockimage, or modified clipart/stokimage
And a sentence after that - you will be banned if it confains such stuff

#20 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

savina  I told you that black pearl contest was taken care of and that should be the end of it! You keep going on and on and now have moved to another thread.  The ch is buying the rights to that clipart, this is the choice of the contestholder, contestholder was aware early on when the designer submitted this. I gave the designer  50 point infraction for submitting the clipart and contacted the ch about it. Ch wanted that art and is buying it

designcontest should  not have to explain this information, when we say it has been taken care of then that should be it

You know clipart is not allowed in logo contests but if the ch wants that then we have no choice, this is a rare exception and I told you this.

Infractions

stolen logo, stolen design and I'm talking an outright stolen design means the designer is on a never lift ban

clipart depending on the degree of clipart used can be 25-50 point infractions, this includes altered clipart

90 infraction points  =  a 6 month ban

repeated then the designer is on a never lift ban

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users