• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ignbagas

ignbagas

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

Hello guys...
What actually we must do to win a logo design contest?
Thanks

#2 indio

indio

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

Well, not anyone willing to share their secret but here what I do. Winning is not my primary goal which is to build my personal port folio. some design work that I really proud of. But if you really want to win here is my tips.

Get inside their head, not the client head but the client's market head. Consider it as your own business. You know all of this are research work and time consuming at first but then you will have your own recipe book for specific business. As you know the client business anywhere are repeating around. Technology, real estate, finance, sports, etc.

Second is overused design (v people, swoosh, circling element, roof, etc), half of logo market is business people who have no idea about logo/graphic design, there is no such thing of overused design for this segment. the point is no need to be creative because its going to be wasted, just go straight to use your version of these overused design if the client fall in this category.

#3 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

There's just one -never give up.:)

#4 charmieconcepts

charmieconcepts

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Start designing Simple Designs.....Simple Designs has Highest Winning Rate

#5 Amandaz

Amandaz

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

I think research, attention and practice are big components if your primary goal is to win. Pay close attention to every detail listed in the "brief" and the comments section to see why they like or don't like other designs (if it's not a blind contest). Obviously do not copy the designs they like but you could get a better idea of they style the client is going for. Next, research. Research as much as you can: the industry, existing logos within the industry, the company, and so on. And finally, as for almost everything in life, practice! :)

Also, pick contests that you will have fun with because chances are you'll be happier with the work you put into it whether or not you win!

#6 zoksibg

zoksibg

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

I think there is no unique rule for wining the contest :) First of all, people are different, one person like something the other don't. My opinion is - work hard, do your best, hear what CH want and pray ;) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users