Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Can someone make living working these contest?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 graphman

graphman

• Designer
  • 876 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

Would be a lot of work and waiting. You would have to be quick as well.

#2 joanick

joanick

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

hello

#3 Meow

Meow

• Designer
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

If you're really good.

#4 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

It's like any freelance work. If you are good and your work is different,you will get clients choosing you or hiring you personally,
It takes time and patience of course like any other work in the world.but you actualy can make decent income as a freelancer if you worked hard and not quiting.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#5 ardianet

ardianet

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

I do. :)
The best thing that I can earn much more than average college-graduated office jobs.
not mention having a lot of time with your family... could go on holiday in a non-holiday day/week... ;)

#6 graphman

graphman

• Designer
  • 876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Cool. Thanks for the insight.

#7 PAVIAN

PAVIAN

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:42 AM

Its been a year now where I worked full time as a designer here. What I do is I think this is an office wherein I need to work 8 hours a day. Will come in at 8 in the morning will have my breaks and be finish by 5. Work on contest a lot and if you are working enough I know you could win even just 1 or 2 contest would be enough for 3 weeks. Of course you have to do research as well.

But now ive decided to work again outside since I miss having a good time meeting new friends and have a real life not just all family since Im not married yet. Maybe for designers with family of their own could find this job a great start for a living because they wont need to go somewhere just to work. :D

Goodluck

#8 ardianet

ardianet

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:05 AM

Participating in contests is just a starting point. Between that, usually I'm on project with Coming-back-Clients (most of them were former Contest Holder I've participated :) ).

Well, for me, I do "offline" IT related jobs too, but as a freelancer. Me myself call it as entrepreneur. and I've done it since graduated from college. I'm meeting with new friends too by doing offline jobs. But I admit it it's true, since I have my own family, it's more comfortable doing online jobs from home... :)

I guess everybody has their own way of life. But I think the most important is we do for the best in what we love to do.
Work hard - Play Hard. Cheers.

#9 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:25 AM

View the profiles of the top designers.
Look at their "Gold" and one-on-one numbers.
Compare that to the total number of entries.
What is the ratio?
How long does it take to complete an average entry?
What does the hourly rate come to?

Are you as good or as fast as the top designers?

Beyond that, do you have the communication skills and personality to "close" on leading contests?

The top designer here (Lizoneil) has tremendous rapport on-line with the contest holders.
This is shown by her one-on-one numbers.

Design skills, social skills, and mind reading skills lead to success in crowd source contests. :)
  • ramsro likes this

#10 JustSimon

JustSimon

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

I believe it's for the best you see it as a fun time while learning something or keeping your skill up to pace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users