• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

Hi fellow web designers;

I noticed that we don't communicate at all, unlike "other" designers. Sometimes we got controversial entries and contests that we might feel that we want to discuss. Usually, Designer Court is no good for us, since most of our copying incidents are almost visible, such as copying a look or feel!

So, if you find your self in such places, come here please and let out!

P.S. I experienced with you nothing but respect and creativity.

#2 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:58 AM

Dear Zibanu,
nice idea, sorry that I am responding so late. I have been busy :).
I think it's nice to know us better, we all spend so much time on this site :)

About copying incidents I don't want to talk about it too much, I don't want to waste my energy on those designers. However, in the end the only thing that matters is the CH reaction which in my case was fair.

So, tell me about libra-thing nickname. How it came to this?

#3 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

Well! Congrats! Keep going. Where the third came from? I didn't check contests for week now because of the fictionalizations. So, what contest?

I occasionally read daily horoscopes, not my thing. But I'm in love with my sign :) So, I searched about it, and find that it was called "Zibanu" (the scaled) in Babylonian astrology! Nice ha :)

But I wonder how different culture receive such names. An African girl told me lately that it feels funny (like a joke) and even African. Here, it seems funny but strong and mysterious. How do you receive it?

Funny story (kind of): I was silver on Backyard harvest logo contest. And CH told me that the website silver went to the business card winner. That where the theme came from. I checked the business card contest back then and I thought of incorporating that theme, but didn't sync enough to execute.

#4 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Hello, it was this http://www.designcon...roduct-website/

Nice thing about "zibanu". When I first read your nickname I have been thinking about Zanzibar, the place where Freddy Mercury was born. So something African too :) but of course very strong and mysterious :p.

Yes, I saw who was on the second place. Nice coincidence :). Did he say what took him so long to decide? :)

P.S. I'm Scorpio :p

#5 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

Hi ramsro, hope you are doing better; I didn't catch my breath since that first gold yet ! BTY, they were on Jul 5, 6, & 7

That is a golden design of yours indeed, congrats! Taking advantage of my absence :D

So, I'm officially African :)

"Did he say what took him so long to decide?" Does he looks like a talker to you? :) He just made a quick and direct congrats and ask to pack the product page as well to check them. The next day he picked them. And four days later he signed form his part :)

I imagined something back then, and I need your opinion on this: What if he asked me to prepare the other two pages (blog and resources). The Brief and the early comments of his, clearly stated to deliver four pages, What do you think?

Scorpio then, secretive and steady ha! Attractive totem/totems. As far as I know and I'm not versed in, Scorpio is the only sign that has other totems which are, besides to the scorpion, the grey lizard and the phoenix. :)
Libra's totem was once ... scorpion claws instead of the scales. Those claws must be in perfect balance I guess! Maybe that's why Scorpio's totem was not the scorpion at some time!

#6 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Hi,
You had 3 dreaming days :).
I believe you, I remember that you have 12 pages for weintership :) hmmm...what can I say stay there as long as you have to :)
Don't rush :p. And after that you may reward yourself with a beautiful trip (and perhaps take some of other designers here...ok you can just take them all :) )

I don't think that you will have to design the other 2 pages, now that the contest it's over. Maybe he forgot, not a surprise considering how long it was this contest. But if he ask you I think you should do it. It was part of the prize money.

I am very sleepy right now... I don't know what I'm writing here, so see you tomorrow.
Bye-bye!

#7 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

Hi ramsro,

Take all the designers! Thanks for the suggestion! I'll take them all. But since you are doin' great your self; so how about I do the trip and you do the hosting for all designers :D

Yes I'm doing 12 pages .. but for another one :cool: weinternship has not finalized yet due to modifications; It was ended on #62 and now we are on #74 (you may check them there). I think we are way beyond minor changes there.

I don't think Backyard Harvest CH forgot about the rest; He might was on hurry after all. I was going to remind him actually, but the workload told me to shut up :(

Have you been on website 1-on-1?

Go get 'em, Scorpio!

#8 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

Hi dear Zibanu,
sorry for my late answer, everyday I remember that I have to write you, but somehow I can't find time.

First, welcome back :), I wanted to tell you this friday I think, when I saw your submission at Unique. Even if the CH was told me for a week I think that I will win, because he didn't know how to close the contest sooner, I have stayed nervous till the end (and your entries, gave me a hard time too :))

For what contest do you have to do 12 pages (for Viitre?)

No, I didn't have a 1-on-1 project, even I have been asked about it several times. You? And if it's yes, how is it?

Tell me please, because you are older here, how a designer can be banned?

Thanks!

#9 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

Hi ramsro,
Let's never worry about late replays; we all on the same page here :)

Thank you! but not a coming back really, not yet at least! I just needed to do something for few hours other than Viitre (Viitre's people are great, one of the best CH to work with, though). I checked, and Unique was the only suitable choice, because it was close to close time! I read a public comment that they're on final tuning with some designs (you), but I entered anyway. When I got second on the first entry, I said ramsro will be nervous now :cool: (there's no evil smiley). At the end, I'm happy for you (CONGRATS) and with my silver (I have 7 7 7 medals & I love 7).

I asked you about 1-on-1 to learn from your experience. Sometimes you have to do a project; sometimes it's a part of the deal from the beginning/Brief (weinternships), sometimes I find my self obliged to continue what I started with (homepage), and sometimes I love to do a complete site (Viitre).

To complete a site, it seems easy at the beginning (you already set "header", "footer", look, fonts, colors ...), but then some days become living hell. For example, I'm stuck with cart check for two days now. The cart there needs to be like the template to function correctly, and It's not that great look template. So, I'm struggling with making it look good within the rules. But at the end, It's great experience to learn from. We already spent two weeks now. You need to dedicate your full time before such projects, I think.

About banning; From what I learned, It basically comes from reaching certain infraction points limits (80 maybe). Infractions came from several behaviors; basically from copying and using unlicensed stocks (in logo contests especially), and delays in delivering source files (in any finalization; 24h if no modifications were requested). There are other things also you can find in help and forums. Just make sure your sources are ready and there's nothing else to worry about.

Have a great day!

#10 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the information. I will check this forum posts.

Good ideas with your cart page! I'm sure we will find something. It must be similar with other inner pages. And just send it to the CH, sometimes when you work a lot to a page, you start not seeing it with cold (or good) eyes. But perhaps Ch will love it, or at least he can give you advises.

Have a great day too and a lot of inspiration! :)

Edited by ramsro, 24 October 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#11 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Hello!!!
How are you? :)
It so quiet here :), no more web projects and a lot of contests without a winner.

Did you finish your one-on-one projects?

#12 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

Hi! How are you?

Yes we get some quiet weeks here. It usually irritates me, but I need it and I hope it lasts for another week, at least :p

I finished Viirte, but WeInternship didn't return yet, and I don't mind it for this month!

Let's relax and recharge for the next round ;)

#13 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

Hi ramsro! How are you there?

Did you got the Sport website? I'm not sure with the hidden finalizations and all. Congrats then!
How the iPad app design experience was for you? I was invited in the last week and thought the CH didn't like what he already got, I was wrong, I guess.

Take care
  • PrismaCreative likes this

#14 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:25 PM

Hi Zibanu!
First let me say "happy birthday" Libra :) one of these days of October was your birthday :). So...you are wiser now. :)

Yes, thank you for the Sport website.

About the iPad...yes... was very, very interesting. The CH was ok because he gave feedback right away and many advises, but he was very hard to pleased. I really can wait to see the winning design :). I don't think you was wrong, he invited designers because it wasn't that satisfied about what he got and the designer who won I think he was invited too in the last week. Congrats anyway for him and both iNoesis and wbeehive, who fight till the end. :) I asked CH about my rating and even the feedback was good (not the rating), I understood that if I want at least 2 place I must find another idea...and I didn't have time and energy for this...so I gave up.

Anyway, "working" here is a lesson everyday and I've learn this since we last spoke. :)

Take care too!

Edited by ramsro, 24 October 2014 - 08:52 PM.

• PrismaCreative likes this

#15 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

Thank you very much dear!

I'll keep an eye on the Sport website to see yours.

Thanks for the iPad info, I was aiming also to know your technical experience comparing with web design. But I think the app (determined) structure and dimension (that's close to the web) were not good measurement.

Do you code? I think you do at least html, css, and java; right? Maybe I'm seeking an advice or something, since I'm stopping graphic to learn "coding" for a while; I'll come back as soon as possible to compete with you ;)

#16 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hello!

Great job. What do you learn?
Yes, I do coding, but I like better designing and I also like 3D modelling (Maya for example) or post-production animation (After Effects).

#17 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

Hello!

Great job. What do you learn?
Yes, I do coding, but I like better designing and I also like 3D modelling (Maya for example) or post-production animation (After Effects).

#18 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:37 AM

Hi, about coding, I do code web. So, I'm thinking of hitting apps as well. I know that such information is not suitable for public discussion. And I wanted to talk to you more freely long time ago. I think there's no rule prevents that, you are not a CH, are you? ;) I consulted mods few days ago and didn't get an answer yet. Maybe they didn't think they should answer that, since there's no problem. We'll see!

#19 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

Hi there! is facebook OK with you? for contact of course, not in general ;)

#20 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

Yes :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users