Rating points and levels

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ACEagle

ACEagle

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

Hello. What gives points to designers? I thougth everytime we were rated in a design, that would give us points to upgrade to the next level. But since you´ve changed the site, in the last designs I´ve made I can see that no points haven´t been added. Have you changed the rules or I misunderstood? Thanks

#2 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

Hi ,

Hello there,
Maybe your contest aren't finished yet!! the points will be added after the finalization of the contests.

BUT
i want to add a question here: What made some designers move down the designers' list?
did their rating points got decreased? or else how they now have less points than they used to in the old system.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#3 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

^^ Winning entries and medals are missing from our profiles, so our overall totals went down, which is why designers moved down.

#4 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

^^ Winning entries and medals are missing from our profiles, so our overall totals went down, which is why designers moved down.

Oh yeah.. all my blind contest winings are missing..maybe that's why.
hope it get fixed soon

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#5 aandrei_24

aandrei_24

Guru

• Designer
  • 737 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

it seems only some designers have this happening to their account. i also went way down from place 20-21 to 55 and from level 10 to level 9 without explanation and i was assured it will be fixed. And i cannot find a direct link to the designers ladder anywhere... as it used to be

Edited by aandrei_24, 22 September 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#6 cobalt

cobalt

• Designer
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:48 PM

it seems only some designers have this happening to their account. i also went way down from place 20-21 to 55 and from level 10 to level 9 without explanation and i was assured it will be fixed. And i cannot find a direct link to the designers ladder anywhere... as it used to be

I might have an explanation , I'm level 9 as well and used to be 10.
On my profile it says I've got 32 medal points : 32 medals x 1 pt
But medal points used to be 3 for gold 2 for silver etc .. so it should be 10x3 +9x2 +13 =61

So I should have 61 medal points instead of 32 and I believe that's why I'm back to level 9, could it be same for you ?
I also got 0 forum post on my profile ....

And where is the designer ranking for god sake !!!

Edited by cobalt, 23 September 2014 - 10:50 PM.

#7 notsu100

notsu100

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

Admins say that from day to day, but just in case I write it down here:
"We would work on designers profiles and leveling system soon. Be patient please."

I suppose that 99% of the problems appearing at the moment are related to new website and they will be fixed - it just takes some time. So if you have any problems, then here (https://www.designco...ite-update.html) is the right place to write it down. Although major problems are already written down so it is no need to duplicate same problems. Admins are aware of these. We should just be patient :)

#8 aandrei_24

aandrei_24

Guru

• Designer
  • 737 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:59 PM

i am patient as i chatted with sharie about it, but i needed a place to cry :)
i am aware that every major change in any domain (this website included) takes some time to be properly finalised...
good job from the guys/gals doing this

#9 notsu100

notsu100

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

I totally understand you. But yea, as you said yourself then good job from the guys. I have to admit that I have seen/experienced many new useful features the new site provides (filtering contests, uploading works, finalizing contest). And in one point when all the major details are fixed, we have a hell of a site here. Thumbs up.

#10 rosanera

rosanera

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:14 PM

In the passage for the upgrade I lost my designs, LOL so I can understand also this problem with points and medals...
Someone said: The technology does just what we ask it to do...
so we need to be patients, we are human....

#11 rosanera

rosanera

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:34 AM

Something news about this problem?

#12 AshJinn

AshJinn

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

Hello, from all talks I understood, that designer gets points from medal, but from what else I can get points? Also what are the benfits of the new levels, except having additional enteries for contest?  Excuse me if what I'm writing questions that are already been answered somewhere else in the forum, and please tell me what should I search to find them.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users