Corel Draw! Not professional enough?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#101 no longer here

no longer here

• Designer
  • 1116 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

Corel is classy software, I used to work with it, but it has lots of bugs related to color matching and professional printing. And you can't run Corel on Macs :( So I use AI on Mac – industry standard :) Moreover, Adobe has lots of convenient tools for Graphic/Web design such as: Bridge, Flash, Flex, FW, etc

#102 iAm

iAm

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

Corel made a huge progress it it's X6 version, aspecialy adding the Illustrator workspace to it. Anyway I like Adobe. It's easier to use and interact with different soft.

#103 WayDesign

WayDesign

Banned

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

i use corel from first i'm try to study vector design, now i can make money from corel, so corel is the best for me.... ^_^

#104 kuci_inc

kuci_inc

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

I am using Corel for 15 years and I am very pleased with it.
It misses some things that Illustrator has:
- 3d effects that in Corel are awful,
- color management is not ideal,
but it has a real direct approach on things and i just like it.
"All that lives must die"

#105 riyan76

riyan76

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

I turned out ta pake two two two mutually dauanya membutuhkan.tapi to speed I prefer the Corel

#106 riyan76

riyan76

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

Corel is very fast in the fabrication of barcode because I used to work for the garment industry. thanks for Corel

#107 LevelOne

LevelOne

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

CorelDraw, is a fantastic program used by most of the publicity companies for plotter cutting, flyers, menus, etc. It's also a good tool to make simple logos once you manage how to work with it. Adobe illustrator it's more focused on design and also a perfect tool for logos.

I do prefer CorelDraw as I have a publicity company and work a lot with it, the latest version has some nice new tools to work with non-vector pictures.

#108 Elijah

Elijah

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

In my opinion they both have good and bad, Corel as always been more foccused on graphic and printing works.
In the end its all about the right tool for the job and if you know enought and have the skills you can do pretty much everything on Corel.

#109 key7

key7

Banned

• Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

I think coreldraw very simple, and easy to use, especially for a beginner like me for learning to be a designer.
probably because the illustrator a little more difficult than coreldraw, so most people assume illustrator more professional.

#110 DM3

DM3

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

I use both CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator, and each have there own +/- .

#111 ysfirdaus

ysfirdaus

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

thanks for sharing, i'am a newbie in vector design. so I think what everybody have said is true

#112 DM3

DM3

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

Corel is classy software, I used to work with it, but it has lots of bugs related to color matching and professional printing. And you can't run Corel on Macs :( So I use AI on Mac – industry standard :) Moreover, Adobe has lots of convenient tools for Graphic/Web design such as: Bridge, Flash, Flex, FW, etc

I have CorelDraw on my Mac. The last version that was made for Mac platform was Version 11 I think.

#113 logomotif

logomotif

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:35 AM

I am using an old CorelDraw version as the latest one costs too much. I hope companies like Adobe will some day make a business decision to offer two-step old versions, say, corel draw X4 and charge a reasonable price for X6. I am sure the high-volume sales will generate more profits than the amount that they are now making from the current low-volume, high-price strategy.

#114 couldbe

couldbe

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

I've been using Corel since CorelDraw 5 and I love CorelDraw, particularly in designing logo.
I think we can not judge it is professional or not with using CorelDraw, professionalism is the attitude and competence, and creativity rather than what we use in making design.

#115 ursachio

ursachio

designer

• Designer
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

I agree with you "couldbe"
In my opinion in Corel i do the same thing faster than Illustrator.
Creativity is not limited by Corel. You have all the tools that you find in AI. Except editable blur effect. i think...

#116 sunface

sunface

• Designer
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

The extra applications don't add much value, but Corel Draw is still coming up with new ways to design sophisticated vector graphics

#117 gleidson

gleidson

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Corel is a good tool. But I think that Illustrator is better because it has more features that facilitate working.

#118 barkside

barkside

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

corel draw more practical :)

#119 couldbe

couldbe

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Corel is much older software than Illustrator. In the golden era of corel, the competitor was Macromedia freehand. Since macormedia was bought by adobe, it becomes Adobe Illustrator. So the older designers usually use corel rather illustrator and the younger use illustrator as their tool. I' sorry if I was wrong.

#120 ursachio

ursachio

designer

• Designer
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

It's true what you say, couldbe.
Tools are similar. It is important to realize your design what you want and quickly .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users