forced rating/feedback!

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 benwick

benwick

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

hello, not sure if this has been touched upon, but i thought that whenever a CH refreshes/logs in they should be met by pop ups of each of the latest designs in their contests, to which they must give a rating, and leave some sort of feedback. This will benefit the designers, as they will have more to work with, and enhance their work, but also the CH's as they will have designs better tailored to their wishes. I dont think many CH understand they should give designers feedback to get the most out of their logo.
thanks for your time.

#2 Rocky30

Rocky30

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

That would be great, in fact I have participated in contests that have ended and there hasn't been classification of the designs or some message of CH. This makes the competition less rich in presentations because the designers don't know what CH think and if we are on the right way. But I don't think the designcontest team can force him to give a feedback. :(

#3 notsu100

notsu100

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

I think it's already good and simple at the moment. If the CH likes a design and would like to see any changes, then the CH will give you a feedback. If the CH don't like the design at all, then obviously he/she don't give a feedback.
Think of a competitions where there are 300 designs. I think it's not normal that CH have to say everyone something.

I agree with Rocky30 - you can't force CH to give a feedback.

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

No we can not force the ch to rate and give feedback. We strongly encourage this but in the end it is up to the ch. I know it is frustrating but in the end it is the ch paying for the contest, it is the ch own contest, the ch has final choice when it comes to feedback and rating.

Like us on facebook

#5 NickVDesigns

NickVDesigns

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'm not sure exactly how it looks when a CH logs in and how they rate their designs, but I find it strange when they actually do give a lot of feedback (which is great), but then don't rate any of the designs. Sometimes their favourite will get a 1 and by the end of the contest everyone else has 0. Sometimes even the winner gets a 0.
I agree with not 'forcing' anyone to do anything, but it's good to hear that they are being 'strongly encouraged'. :)

#6 NickVDesigns

NickVDesigns

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

I think what my point is, that it's frustrating when you are trying to level up and you have enough medals and enough forum posts, but are just missing those elusive points.
Anyway, keep up the good work. :)

#7 benwick

benwick

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

yeah guys i see what youre saying, just like nick said its quite annoying theres no set way they do things, some rate really highly, some give feedback some completely ignore you, its annoying

#8 PASTEXPIRYcom

PASTEXPIRYcom

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

There should me some MINIMUM amount of feedback from the contest holders. I have only been on here for a month or so, but I get a very strong impression that most contest holders are lazy. I'm not saying that they write anything , but at LEAST rate say 5 logos on a scale of 1 to 10 stars. Or if that is too much 'trouble' then display 2 logos and make them click on which of the two they like better (repeat 5 times). They can always do the scoring out of 100 later. At a bare, bare minimum they should be reminded to rate some logos on the first screen they see after logging in.

I see so many contests where there are 3 or 4 logos with a score under 60, followed by 50+ logos with no score at all. In the end they really end up hurting themselves. The few logos that are rated influences the designers to go in a direction they contest holder may not want at all.

Another alternative could be to charge more money upfront and 'refund' $1 per logo rated. Maybe do that for the first 20 or 30 logos, and hopefully by then it will be part of their routine.

#9 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

It's frustrating when the CH doesn't give any feedback but in most cases that is because they are not that interested in your design. When that happens to me I usually try something completely different.

There are some contests where the CH doesn't give any ratings or feedback at all but these are the minority. Giving penalties or financial incentives will probably just make these contest holders go elsewhere.

Some other contest sites implement a contest holder participation meter which shows what percentage of designs the contest holder has given feedback for. I think this would help designers to avoid contests with no feedback and that would also give the contest holder more incentive to give feedback.

#10 AGGA

AGGA

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Really agree with this. Was in a contest a few days ago with 100 entries and the contestholder didn't rate one of them at all. He also only gave feedback to one designer and tried to bypass Designcontest by asking for the designers e-mail. Luckily the guy respected the etiquette, but still there needs to be some control over these kind of contestholders.

#11 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Getting no feedback or ratings is bad. But the most irritating thing is when CHs don't respond to questions you ask. I don't understanding why that happens, but it makes the decision whether to participate in the contest or not easier for me.

#12 vasantnavnit

vasantnavnit

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

im fine with not getting a feedback, but i'd at least like to be sure of the fact the CH considered my design. rating entries should be allowed only after a contest ends. that way, the CH does not get too attached to one single entry way too early into the contest.. i mean, some contest holders rate the very first entry at 90-100 and blatantly ignore the future entries...

#13 PASTEXPIRYcom

PASTEXPIRYcom

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Getting no feedback at all is like online dating.... it sucks.

I think this design contest site just needs to do a better job 'educating' contest holders, or programming the website software in such a way that the very first logo that is rated, is automatically rated at 50 to give the contest holder more headroom to rate future designs with.

A much better method would be to randomly display 2 logos, have the contest holder click on the logo they prefer of the two, then repeat the process with another 2 logos. The background algorithm would then auto-rank the entries from best to worst.

Another even simpler alternative would be rather than ranking designs with a number, would be a feature where the contest holder can just drag and drop logos in an order of best to worst. A thick black horizontal line would separate the 'rated' from the logos to be rated.

#14 Flyin

Flyin

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Feedback is a neat idea.:cool:

#15 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

I'd love CHs to do that voluntarily
Sometimes I can't believe some CHs that give feedback for almost every single entry in 300+ entries contest. I wouldn't do that.
Some CHs are just "eliminators" - a painful feedback mechanism!

#16 punksnap

punksnap

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

The "no feedback required" option that many, many CHs default to is ridiculous. I saw stated above that the CH is the one paying for the contest therefore they don't have to do anything. In real life, with real contracts, client feedback is CONTRACTUALLY required. This should be no different in the online world. If the CH comes to this site, knowing up front that they have rules to follow SO THAT THEY WILL BENEFIT they will continue to use the site. I think DesignContest rules for CHs give the impression that DC doesn't care what the CH does or says so long as they pay their fee. Why not hold yourself to a higher standard, DC?

#17 Mayatcontest

Mayatcontest

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

Yes, but having a system where a client presses a button choosing Yes, No, or Maybe, would be helpful.

#18 jfoll

jfoll

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

This is by far the biggest issue with DC! I have noticed several contests where the CH doesn't provide ANY feedback to the designers nor do they give ratings to any of the designs. Then all of a sudden, the contest is over and a winner is chosen. How are you suppose to know if you're providing the client what they're looking for, or improve your designs? This is so frustrating! CH should be required to rate or eliminate ALL designs.

#19 StaceyLarkin

StaceyLarkin

Banned

• Banned
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hi Benwick,
That's a very good idea because sometimes we don't know if it is in the right direction or not. It can be very hard to meet the clients needs if the brief soesn't explain it very well either.
VERY good point.

#20 peterbowes2012

peterbowes2012

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Great idea :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users