• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#41 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:26 PM

Nicholas entry was chosen as the winner, because it best envokes the feeling of the sin, yes a gas mask technically saves life, but in what terms is it used? Nicholas, nailed it.......

Wrath, defined....
wrath may be described as inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger. These feelings can manifest as vehement denial of the truth, both to others and in the form of self-denial, impatience with the procedure of law, and the desire to seek revenge outside of the workings of the justice system (such as engaging in vigilantism), fanatical political beliefs, and generally wishing to do evil or harm to others. A modern definition would also include hatred and intolerance towards others for reasons of race or religion, leading to discrimination. The transgressions borne of Wrath are among the most serious, including murder, assault, discrimination, and in extreme cases, genocide. (See Crimes against humanity.) Wrath is the only sin not necessarily associated with selfishness or self interest (although one can of course be wrathful for selfish reasons, such as jealousy). Dante described Wrath as "love of justice perverted to revenge and spite".

Community contest are a way for non design team members to participate in a contest, just like the paid contest, except the moderator acts as the contest holder/client. Feed back, directives are given, the designers revise, submit.
This is the normal process of any contest on design contest....
to argue about the chosen winner? I'm a little surprised.

#42 lordrott

lordrott

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:56 PM

nicholas, i´m very glad you undestood my point. i´m really happy for you :D

i understood and read before writing my post nichola´s explanation of the idea and, of course, the meaning of each sin before entering the contest.

but i want to understand what concepts were took to decide than zii or lemiexter weren´t the best.
of course in a war are wrath feelings, but the logic at piece like those we put here is that seeing the piece, the feelings were understood without explanation. i SEE at zii´s designs the feelings of the sins. i KNOW what sins he represented without needing any explanation. but with nichola´s i really need his text to understand why that piece represents wrath.
imagine that this postcard goes to print. what should he do? be next to the stand where you can pick up the postcard to explain it? or at the back of it he would write the description?

rinaldi, i don´t understand why you are surprised. this is a contest where all of us want to see what´s inside the moderators head, what are your guidelines; so we can achieve a better results at the contest. i really want to catch the logic of the choice, because at these point i can´t find any.
silence is everything

#43 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

Lordrott....
The winner was decided, in a moderator poll, it was a very close poll but this, nicholas winning, is the result of. If you require any further explanation, feel free to private message me:)

#44 lordrott

lordrott

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

ok
silence is everything

#45 WickedMind

WickedMind

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:38 PM

Congrats Nicholas, nice job

#46 Heracles

Heracles

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:53 PM

Congrats Nicholas. I don't realy like the backroung but I must say that i digg the mask :) nice job!

Zii: you're an amazing artist! I just love both entries you submited:)

#47 Zii

Zii

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:47 PM

wo Heracles... Thank you!!!

#48 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:27 AM

• Guests

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:19 PM

Nicholas, congratulations!
please, get in touch with me via PM about the mailing address to send the t-shirt to! Thanks!

#50 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:24 PM

To clarify my decision, I was one of the moderators who voted for Nicholas' entry. I have always been of the firm belief that with any art, you don't have to see what it is trying to convey, you have to feel it.
When looking at the entries, I felt with both Zii and Nicholas' designs. Nicholas just managed to invoke more feeling with his piece for me than others. I see that piece and I think of wrath, and not just wrath, I also think of the things that lead up to and cause wrath, fear, frustration, intolerance, confusion, ignorance, etc.

#51 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:54 PM

The message is sent resurepus!

Another thing about my design, I didn't just say to myself " hey I think I'll just do a gas mask! " I did research first. I was going to do a forrest of chopped down trees at first 'till i started seeing blogs about gas masks and stuff like that on accident. hehe thanks for that illumina =D

#52 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:00 PM

Again, congratulations Nicholas, you did a great job.... I am sorry about all the confusion in this thread:(

#53 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:38 AM

hehe its all good =P

#54 rasterbox

rasterbox

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:40 PM

Congrats nicholas!!! :)
[URL="http://www.chrissofe.com" style="border:0;"]chris sofe photography[/URL]
[URL="http://www.rasterbox.com" style="border:0;"]rasterbox media[/URL]
[URL="http://www.3dpinoy.com" style="border:0;"]3DPinoy.Com || The Online Community for Filipino CG Artists[/URL]

#55 Kismet

Kismet

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:43 AM

I only registered today and found this contest. Darn! I would've had a really good entry...because it incorporated all of the deadly sins. Once again, darn!

#56 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:15 PM

Kismet...there is another community contest....valentines, that is still open for entries:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users