Contest Holder Limitation....

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 trebz

trebz

• Designer
  • 599 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 04:00 AM

Hi admin, I wonder in a guaranteed contest if there are rules or policy or timeframe that obligue the  contest holder  in Signing of the Agreement and release prize amount to the contest winner after the submission of files? 

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 02:14 PM

HI there

may I have the contest title?

Like us on facebook

#3 trebz

trebz

• Designer
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:28 PM

HI there

may I have the contest title?

Hi mam sharie, actually i have no problem  :) just want to know if the contest holder in guarantee contest also have the obligations to follow rules within given time and not make the DC designers to guess and wait when he/she will comeback to complete the contest and transfer fund. Thank you and have a great morning.

#4 trebz

trebz

• Designer
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:42 PM

just want to site example, during finalization period the holder demand  revision in layout and colors combination, i submitted the request on time but the contest holder is late to check the submitted files then make another request and again not appearing on time, i mean time is gold, a delay to complete the contest will have a domino effect, it  delay the signing of agreement then delay in rleased and transfer of prize amount then delay also and wait again a week for the payout schedule every thursday. Just my comment and opinion, maybe need to improve this area in the future not only for me but for all of us. :) Thank you mam sharie. 

#5 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:15 AM

It doesn't happen very often. Most of the clients are on time in finalization process. Some may have delays due to personal or business reasons, which should be forgivable, and we should be flexible.

It is not like we are doing nothing, be waiting for them on line all time.

I do like to finish the work and be paid on time, but do not mind waiting for reasonable period of time. 

#6 trebz

trebz

• Designer
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:08 AM

I understand sir babba just sharing my experiences and my little suggestion :)  you guys are doing great and very much appreciated your hardwork. thank you very much :) 

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:57 PM

The contestholder has 7 full days to work in finalization area.  Some finalizations will go longer and that is expected sometimes. Certain contests  like  website contest almost always take longer in finalization.  

If the contest finalization goes past  2 weeks then send us a message or post  in the forums There is no need to wait for months  I do understand  sometimes things happen, life gets in the way and finalization can be delayed  If it does go   past two weeks  then conteact us

Thank you

• Babba, trebz and markcocjen like this

Like us on facebook

#8 trebz

trebz

• Designer
  • 599 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

thank you very much mam sharie.

#9 markcocjen

markcocjen

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:49 AM

Hi Admin Contest holder dont want to release the winning prize not unless i give them the software where i create thier logo.What should i do.? contest title is GLADSTONE METALS thank you in advance.

#10 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:28 PM

Hi Admin Contest holder dont want to release the winning prize not unless i give them the software where i create thier logo.What should i do.? contest title is GLADSTONE METALS thank you in advance.

What do you mean "unless i give them the software where i create thier logo"?! What software?! Maybe you misunderstood it, or client did. Please explain.

If the client has approved final design, did you prepare and upload the Source files?  

Here is the knowledge base - Ai & EPS (or other vector files) are must, you can include PDF, transparent PNG format as well, PSD file is not necessary... or any other file you and client have agreed on (for example TIFF.)

Also, for he such issues, it would be the best to go private in the Chat With Mods thread. 

#11 markcocjen

markcocjen

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:39 PM

Hi Sir yes i already provide all files that they needed. Here's what they asked.

Thank you. Yes it looks good. What font did you use for the "Gladstone Metals" text? Also, not sure what software you used to design it but could you download the file that you worked from. Usually this is a Photoshop, Gimp, Corel draw, adobe Illustrator file. Usually with layers and editable vectors. If you can download that we will release payment. Thank you very much. You did a great job!!!

#12 markcocjen

markcocjen

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:15 AM

https://www.designco...s/finalization/

#13 markcocjen

markcocjen

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:15 AM

https://www.designco...s/finalization/