Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Flash animation : rolling numbers

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hey, guys, I am working on a flash game (see the screenshot) and I have come across a problem. I need to create realisticly rolling numbers (for the score counter). I mean as realisticly as it can be done in Flash (right now a lot of people say the numbers are kind of flat). But all I have come up with is what you can see in this flash file. So I would like to ask if you can think of any better solutions than just squizing the digits + easing?

the flash file:

#2 Arzmir

Arzmir

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:10 PM

I haven't used flash myself, but have had some technical drawing and by that some experience in perspectives and such. What I could recommend is make yourself a roll with the numbers on and roll it a couple of times. Maybe even photographing it. Then you will see it better how the numbers _should_ look like when they are close to bottom/top.

One thing that I can think of just out of the blue is that you might want to scale it perspectively. And make them "conic" and maybe a little bit bulging towards one side, respectively towards the side it's on, when they move up/down. How to do this I have no idea though ^^
"I'll make him a design he can't refuse!"
http://www.arzmir.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users