• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Daph

Daph

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:33 AM

Hi,

I won a 2nd prize logo and I already send the files as they requested on a jpg and pdf, and just realized that they extended the contest 8 more days? How is that posible? if they already have chosen the winners? and the files were already sent! Are they going to pay my work? Since they already have the files. I feel stolen! They even send me a message asking if I a can send them a png!

https://www.designco...thing/entries/ 

Daph

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:46 AM

We are sorry, this contest had to be opened back up. The gold winner was a stolen design. So ch opted to open the contest again for another week

Like us on facebook

#3 Daph

Daph

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:38 PM

So why they don’t just choose another one from the first three that they decided as the winners? This action beside being ilegal and not following the rules of the website it is totally unfair for the rest of participants. Can you change the game after the game is over? I don’t think so! I was requested to send the files because mine was one of the chosen ones, I sent them already and now who is going to pay me for that? ! I feel very disappointed!

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

Please explain how this is illegal ? How is this not following the site rules?  I think you are mad at the wrong person here , be mad at the person that committed theft not DC

1. This was a  3 prize contest,  you can't just rechoose one winner

2. CH chose  3 winner contest to reward  2nd and 3rd and will not be using  silver and bronze 

Who says ch will not choose you again?

We know this is unfair but there is NOTHING we can do about it other than give the ch a refund...then you have NO chance of being chosen again. Is that what you would like have done a refund?

I understand it is frustrating  again though this is the fault of the designer that decided to steal.  Now ALL entries the ch has in consideration for the  3 prizes will be gone over with strict scrutiny before any winners are chosen for this contest. Do you think the ch is happy about this...NO he is quite mad, he loved that entry he chose as gold

BTW ch did not download any files, yes we have record of every download and NO files were downloaded. I'm sorry you are disappointed. Most of the time we can  catch the theft before a winner, sometimes they sneak through and the contestholder has to either choose  new winner  or receive a refund. I talked the ch out of a refund

Good luck in the contests

• Babba, graphman and senadneslan_juventus like this

Like us on facebook

#5 weiesnbach

weiesnbach

• Designer
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

Look, it is what it is.  This was a non-guaranteed contest anyway,  and to  be 100% blunt about it, it's a miracle that it simply didn't just  go into  refund status, in which  case NO ONE wins, and that is the real alternative here. You can thank  Sharie for smoothing it over to  the point that it is still up and running,  and not currently in the trash  bin.

With that said, this is the type of thing you have to  deal with in crowd sourced situations,  though  most  sites will do all of this behind the scenes with little or no transparency.  The difference here is that  you see it happening, I think  that's a good thing,  but it does lead to  situations like this. At another site, the contest might simply just disappear,  no  explanation,  no chance to  comment(or complain), just "poof" gone, with  no  record of it ever even being there other than a short email  notification without any explanation(I know of  two sites specifically that  do this, though I won't mention them by  name--one is quite well known). 

With that said, I fully understand your frustration and disappointment, I've been there on numerous occasions.  After a while you just  learn to  expect it, because it really does come with the territory. All  you can do is put your best  work out there, don't steal other people's designs,  don't use clipart, and hope for the best. Look at it this way,  your work stood out at the top of nearly 100 other works,  that's a good thing and something too be proud of...

...I was entered in this one as well, and you obviously out-shined me,  because I had already  withdrawn my designs and was ready  to  sell  them  as clipart pending finalization(honestly sometimes you'll make more going that  route---but that's a whole other kettle of fish). 

Just  be patient and understanding, because there's really no other alternative. 

• sharie, HerbertNordal, Babba and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users