Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Intrepid Guppy - new site feel (opinions please)

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:44 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for your thoughts on my logo evolution. I have now decided to undertake the small yet psychologically daunting task (for me) of revamping my inadequate website presence. Please give me your thoughts and votes on my ideas. I am currently favoring #1 and #5.

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

Option 5
Back hungry - feed back.

#2 tomas.brolen

tomas.brolen

• Designer
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:50 AM

I like the idea very much. If I was to continue your concept I would go for #1 as a starting page and #3 as internal.
Looking forward to see where the idea takes you.

(q: in what language do you intend to code the site? It would be kinda cool with a flash start page with "real" bubbles and then strict xhtml/css internal pages.)

/ Tomas

#3 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:32 AM

I like #4...

very deep sea feeling. lacking in underwater reflection though.

but make the buttons in bubbles like what you did n #1.
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

#4 Chepri

Chepri

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:01 AM

I like option 1 and 3, option 4 and 5 looks too dark. But I really like option 1. Nice work!
It's a Chepri

#5 Shibby

Shibby

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

i like number 1 and 5 best. Dont forget in a menu like that you always have to plan when a page opens, you will have to move the buttons somewhere else... If you dont plan to do that I would go for option 4, it is also a very nice and neat design :)

#6 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

I like number 1.

The menu items arranged in circle lead to the logo, as in a spiral, and also complement the main directional line of it. Would be nice to see the design in Flash, with the bubbles going upwards, and the logo floating just a bit, almost imperceptible, up and down.

Nice one !

#7 Vovikus

Vovikus

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

I like number 2 and 3.

#8 mtjl79

mtjl79

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

#2 is good. Try match the type with the style of the buttons. Maybe try adding a nice gradient with a gloss on the type...make them a little bold? Type just doesn't seem to match button style...

- Mike

#9 onesummer

onesummer

Guru

• Designer
  • 804 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

@Guppy, I like the solid color logo in #5, but do not care for most of the web layouts. it's mainly the buttons that are killing me. they look like those same kind you can drag and drop in macromedia fireworks or something.

but if i have to pick one, i'd go with #5, though i suggest going with a nice font that compliments the design and logo, but don't use the button enclosures. i'd also maybe change the bubbles some, maybe look more at photo realistic shots of similar "oceanic depth" shots with the air bubbles floating to the surface.
- onesummer (paul)

visit my portfolio website at: www.pauljobson.com

#10 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:23 AM

Thanks for your comments all....I appreciate them greatly. I have now shifted my feelings toward a more graphic, mostly solid color approach. I still value any feedback you might have.

Ivan
Back hungry - feed back.

#11 zeroabsoluto

zeroabsoluto

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:30 AM

Love n#1 and 2#.

Very clean . Love it.

By the way 1# looks perfect for a flash intro.
Looks like a movie. Love it.

#12 zeroabsoluto

zeroabsoluto

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:32 AM

i forgot the only thing i dont like .. as onesummer said are the buttons they look like the came out from a pre-made section of a do-it-yourself website maker program.

everything else FANTASTIC

love the logo though

#13 anjelik

anjelik

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

for me nu1 is the top,good work

#14 3masd

3masd

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:23 PM

Hey what about, using each option background's for each section, i think all look different but corporately united, so you have both graphic variety and unity.
Santiago Borray
Tres+Diseño
http://www.3masd.com

#15 3masd

3masd

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:30 PM

Sorry forgot to say, im agree with leaving the center menu as a home page and the top menu distribution as a content!
Santiago Borray
Tres+Diseño
http://www.3masd.com

#16 arcticsnpr

arcticsnpr

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:07 AM

I like #1 the best. Only crit would be, the bubbles/links look a bit strange. The grey border throws it off.

#17 edward chan

edward chan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

i like #1 and #5 and I like the idea of #5 the most, but it is a little bit too dark.

#18 northernmunki

northernmunki

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:34 PM

I am torn between 1 and 5.
I am also thinking that number 4 looks like it would make a good home page....could you use two of your designs.
1 or 5 would be the first page (like a title/ navigator page) the user would be directed to and then page 4 would become the home page. It would be easy to navigate; the page information and the tool bar would be accessible on the same page.

I hope you understand what i'm trying to explain!

You designs are just awesome though....i love the bubble patterns, the colour, the logo, the way the light gradiants circle like the sun through the ocean. Very very cool!

#19 monospaced

monospaced

Banned

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

No question about it, #5 is the only way you should go. The reason I'm saying this is because it's the only one that seems to have a logical navigation interface. All your work is within the portfolio link instead of separating print, logos and packaging (which make up the portfolio, I hope). Is this site animated (flash)?

#20 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:18 AM

Flash - I wish....maybe later.
Back hungry - feed back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users