&nsbp;

#1 kanchan

kanchan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:39 PM

why cant i post here?? Design Contests > Web & Flash Development

i wanna take part in the contests but i dont know why i am blocked to post the reply......

please help me asap.....

thanks,
Kanchan

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

Please read the carefully first before posting.

Each sections where it says Design Team Members Only! Means Design Team Members only!

Because you are not in the design team yet you can't post any entries.
For the moment you can only submit entries to the community contest and charity contest.
For more information read this guide.

#3 kanchan

kanchan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

so what if i wanna take part in the contests there?? :mad::mad::mad:

#4 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:58 PM

Don't get mad at things cause there are rules here so we can make sure that the contest holders got the best designs.

You can either win 3 contest in the community contest section to proof your skills or be active in this forum and send a application in the next week with your online portfolio to proof your skills and that you are interested in this forum and not only the contest. And wait what the administration thinks of your skills if you are good you don't have to be afraid. And also the other members vote on your activeness on the forum. The checking your application time could take few weeks.

#5 kanchan

kanchan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

man this sucks then.... i wanna win the design contest but this forum is blocking me to win the contest??

#6 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

It is not blocking you, you just have to wait and be patient and get through the formalities like everybody.

#7 kanchan

kanchan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:58 PM

if not blocking then why you guys open that sections for all the designers?? Its just a f*** hectic man...

#8 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:28 PM

You need to become a design team member first please read stickies and the rules on the forum better and watch your mouth.

#9 kanchan

kanchan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:52 AM

u better open all the sections for the good designers.....:mad::mad:

#10 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:03 AM

kanchan, I think you've just about lost all credibility as a forum member with your remarks. If you don't settle down, we're going to have to ban your account.

Yes, we have a prescreened Design Team. While I realize that you may not see a reason for it, I must bring to your attention that this website has been in operation for much longer than you've been here. We have very good reasons for blocking new users from the contests, and reasons just as good for allowing people to view the design contest forums. As a simple example, consider your self a prospective contest holder; would you not want to see the past contests before starting your own?

This is a lesson to all new users: Read the helpful threads around the site. Ask questions, but please be polite.

#11 kanchan

kanchan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:08 AM

man... i m getting mad......... LOL

#12 yellow_bagpack

yellow_bagpack

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:14 AM

no need to mad kanchan.. i'm really sure if you have pass all the requirements need to become a design the member.. IF! judging by the way you react at this thread, it means you never read all regulations in this forum.. start by doing it. and just calm down :)

#13 kanchan

kanchan

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:22 PM

yeah thats why i m cooling off now...

#14 emos

emos

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:16 PM

here's my first post :D

thanks for the info .... before reading all the rules!

i hope later on to become a member and participate in the contests .. till then it's very useful this forum for learning new things and observe the standards needed for the artwork.

catch u later guys, first to make a overview of the forum to get an idea of what goes on here

#15 Needforname

Needforname

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

I don't like waiting either Kanchan...i still am. Which is why i am adding this post...cuz i have to get my 10 in.

#16 Needforname

Needforname

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

And here's another...i'm running out of things to say in these threads...but here is my 10th...hopefully i get accepted. Anyway...chill out, it aint gonna get u anywhere. Another thing...i did find it pretty stupid myself when i designed a logo for one of these threads. After I was done I THEN realized I had to wait this long before i could even be considered as a member. I came across the specific page for the logo contest through a google search. There was nothing on that page that mentioned the restriction until i tried to post. Stupid for me to not find the main page link and figure it out before wasting my time. I guess i became use to the quick registration process with other similar sites, and felt no need to check into it. I think it is a good system though...keeps the crappy artists out, well most of em probably.

#17 ~V~

~V~

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:33 PM

The post rule is to make sure you're contributing to the community. So, I don't think just any 10 will do, the post have to show that you'll be involved in the discussion forums. And posting anything just to make 10 isn't really the point my friend.

Then even if your portfolio gets you past the 1st stage, the voting system is based on contribution as well, and 10 posts probably won't cut it.
"Why?"
-------------------------
http://vdesigns.livejournal.com/

#18 Needforname

Needforname

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:54 PM

Well if you look at most of my posts...I do show my involvement. Of course I am in a hurry to get registered...and yeah I ran out of things to ask. Just for my being honest about me commenting kinda just to comment shouldn't dis-regard my comment or approval should it? I didn't just post 10 "hey how ya doing" posts. Of course i'm interested in the process...thats why i applied. That's why I spent the time to go through the application process. I'm trying...dang. the above comment was also to tell "Kanchan" to stop spazzing out. I was trying to tell him that the process is a good process. Do I have to have a 100% informative answer/comment every time. You just commented with no useful information...correct? Just an opinion and criticism in my mind. Anyway...thanks for the tip. I'm not trying to start an argument...just stating my "opinion". And...what makes you think I'm not contributing anyway?

#19 ~V~

~V~

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:10 AM

It was just a general FYI comment, not to attack you. I didn't look at your previous posts and didn't mean to cause offense. My post may or may not be useful information depending on who sees it, if another user comes across this page who didn't realize the significance of posting, or knew about the voting system then they just got some new info, which might be beneficial to them. That's why I made the post in the first place. :)
"Why?"
-------------------------
http://vdesigns.livejournal.com/

#20 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:53 AM

ow, now i know.

btw, here's my first post... i was supposed to submit one entry not knowing there are rules (thought its "open" for all) :rolleyes:

i'll just take my time then...;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users