Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

DC Flash Header Design Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:27 PM

Contest: Header Design for DesignContest.net forums.

Deadline: This contest doesn't have a finish date. We will be choosing a winner twice a month, on the 1st and 15th. However, we also reserve the right to not choose a winner for any given two week period. If a winner is not chosen, then the most recent winning header will be displayed for the next two weeks.

Dimensions: 900x120px

Contest Description: The challenge is to redesign the header of our forums using the template provided in the attached .fla file. The template is very simple and leaves plenty of room for your creativity.

Restrictions: You must keep the shape of "DC" logo graphic unmodified! However you can change the colors and "DESIGNCONTEST.NET" text. Use the button on the right side of the header to link to your portfolio – this should be the only link outside of DesignContest.net included in your design.

You must be the author of all the graphics used in your header design. Clipart, 3rd party images, and derivatives of 3rd party images may NOT be used.

Prize: Apart from counting as one out of three Community Contest wins towards instantly becoming a Design Team member, the header (and the link to your portfolio) will be seen by thousands of people - fellow designers and your potential clients.

This contest will be open for a long time, so this description may be updated as we get questions and input from you guys.

#2 ZappyKymosaby

ZappyKymosaby

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

:(figured it would be a contest concerning flash since i'm a newbie at flash i think i'll pass lol. :cool: or maybe i'll try something but i hope no one will laugh lol

• Guests

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:18 PM

you can try. In fact, you might get some comments that could help you improve your work!

#4 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:38 PM

Its a flash banner but doesn't mean it has to have allot of animation works. A very special background picture could also do the work. Or multiple picture that blend into each other.

Here everybody can learn to improve.

Also everybody can help by posting tutorials or helpfull site for new fresh designers or student designers.

#5 ZappyKymosaby

ZappyKymosaby

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:03 PM

yeah, i guess i'm not one to pass a challenge anyhow lol, do we have to keep that link part on the right? or can we change it some how? do we have to link it up? cause I don't have much stuff in my portfolio that looks "professional" enough to show off lol can i just link it up to my site instead?

#6 e13jimenez

e13jimenez

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:36 AM

lol, guess who has an entry? yup you guessed it, ME!!!!!!
heres the link wish me luck :)
<333

#7 gooKOR

gooKOR

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:38 AM

<333

wow that's a good effect i have roll my mouse a hundred time lol :D
i will join this too see ya

• Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

<333

it is a cool effect indeed!
However I have two comments. I am not sure if such a dark header will work well with the forum's layout. Another thing, that you need to keep the button in the right as a link to your portfolio.

#9 lowen.f

lowen.f

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:52 PM

very cool effect e13! I'll try participating too, but I'm kinda busy with study so need some more time :D

#10 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

Wow very nice banner. I like the effect but not sure about the looks of it when the mouse is not on the banner.

I want participate too, would look if I can do something with photography work for it.

#11 e13jimenez

e13jimenez

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

thanks for the support :D ... k heres my second attempt... heres the link...
wish me luck!

#12 e13jimenez

e13jimenez

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:03 AM

...lol, or how bout this one (here) ...eh?

...ive not really been too sure on the colors

#13 lowen.f

lowen.f

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

e13 how did you make that effect?

#14 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:40 PM

Action script roll over start movie and roll out to play back. Its very basic action script don't even have to write it cause you can find it in the action script list.

#15 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:52 PM

Hi, e13jimenez, nice banner. But I'm not so sure about the colors.
In general, designers don't use red and yellow in combination with each other very often.
I'm sure that in other color combinations, the banner will look much better.

Also, if you really have to use this combination, try to change the stroke color on the symbol. Just try it and see how it looks.

Again, nice work !

#16 lowen.f

lowen.f

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

Action script roll over start movie and roll out to play back. Its very basic action script don't even have to write it cause you can find it in the action script list.

Yeah I understand that part, but it was the animation I was interested in.. I assume it's made in Actionscript or did e13 animate every single line? :p

Or perhaps there's some other way to do it? I'm not that profound in flash yet

• Guests

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:12 PM

...lol, or how bout this one (here) ...eh?

...ive not really been too sure on the colors

While the effect is quite cool, I am not sure if the banner will work well with the rest of the forums' layout.

#18 e13jimenez

e13jimenez

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:48 PM

well, first i made a bunch of rectangles, then i laide the logo on top, then deleted the remove the shape of the logo from the lines, then i made each piece into a movieclip and in frame one did a "movieclip.onEnterFrame = function(){" deal to set up all the movement... using variables in the equations of course... then i made one big button with only a hit state (making it invisible) with instance invis (could have been whatever u wanted as long as it was consistent with the code) and back in the first frame i put a "invis.onRollOver = function(){" and then gave all the variables a value to bring them on the stage and then "invis.onRollOVer = function(){" had the same variables but different values to move them off stage. in the meantime ill do some more work to change up the colors and try to make this thing work

p.s. heres an example

movieclip.onEnterFrame = function(){
slider._x += (xmove-slider._x)/3;
}
button.onRollOver = function(){
xmove = 58;
}

#19 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:00 AM

Can we enter with several designs in one month ?

#20 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:45 PM

You can submit more then one design, not sure if here the maximum 3 design rule is also for this contest. But the contest renews every 2 weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users