Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

DC Flash Header Design Contest. Deadline August 1st.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:23 AM

Ok, well...here is an idea I came up with. All feedback appreciated..:D I do have one question in regards to the contest...Are we allowed multiple submissions? Like, if I decided to make any changes to this one or maybe even try another one, is it allowed?

DC Header-contest

Thanks! It's been fun!...:p

I think that the effect is too plain and too repetitive - after 2 minutes of watching it you get annoyed with it. The work with the fonts could be more interesting.
And what's the idea behind coloring only one half of the logo? I don't quite get it...

#22 kshdzines

kshdzines

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:29 AM

No problem...:-) If you scroll over the logo it changes back and forth and on press it is one color, no problem tho, I can work it...:-) Just was trying to add a different effect to it. Too plain...not a problem either...Thank you!
"My Vision is to be able to give to you, "Your Vision"

#23 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

It's done!
"Once you take yourself too seriously the art will suffer."

#24 BindMonkey

BindMonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

It's done!

HAHa thats really strange i am working on one with the rainbow colour system too....damn it...might have to change it now or might just finish it and see what you think.... As for your design great imagenation really like it, the floating spaceman makes me laugh everytime.

great work!

• Guests

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:43 AM

Maxon, excellent work! The animations look great! I was really laughing at the astronauts :D The only suggestion is to make "join DC" clickable with a link here: http://www.designcon...um/register.php

BindMonkey, I think rainbow colors will not bother anyone. Please, go ahead and submit your design. It's going to be tough but you should try not to let Maxon win for the second time in a row!

#26 BindMonkey

BindMonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

Maxon, excellent work! The animations look great! I was really laughing at the astronauts :D The only suggestion is to make "join DC" clickable with a link here: http://www.designcon...um/register.php

BindMonkey, I think rainbow colors will not bother anyone. Please, go ahead and submit your design. It's going to be tough but you should try not to let Maxon win for the second time in a row!

I agree with Resurepus about making the Join DC a clickable link first time i saw banner i automatically tried to click just because it kind of drew me in to click it. Still laughing at him too...

Resurepus Will try to submit it if i can this month but finding it hard to find time to finish it be we'll see.

#27 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:44 AM

Thanks guys! Yea, I've added link, also a bit changed AS, so it would be easer to click on it.

And a few small adjustments:
- all stars now flashes once 'join dc' astronaut is in the 'middle'
- if you thought that astronauts were funny, try and find out what I did with the shuttle^^ Tell me if it's too extreme^^
"Once you take yourself too seriously the art will suffer."

• Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

Maxon, it's not extreme, at least not to my taste.
I don't see how you can further improve the work to me it looks finished.

#29 BindMonkey

BindMonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

Maxon, it's not extreme, at least not to my taste.
I don't see how you can further improve the work to me it looks finished.

I agree with resurepus nice rework, dont think that anything else needs to be improved.

Maxon Yep the shuttle is a really nice touch and great morph.very funny..

• Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:08 AM

Sorry for being late again!
The winner is Maxon second time in a row! Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users