Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

new contests

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:02 PM

We seem to be short of contests lately. I am thinking about ways to bring more contests here for you, designers to have fun. I have another idea besides pure promotion and link exchange. I am not located in the States, but I think it would work there. As we all notice prices in design business offline are much higher than in Internet. And if you have an offline design agency, you might run it without having any designers aboard and have all the projects designed here on DC through contests. Since the offline prices are at least twice higher, you might even earn some extra cash by starting your contest here with the prize little less than the amount of money you receive from the client. Think about it. And shoot if you have other ideas on how we could get more contests here.

#2 phacker

phacker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:42 PM

'We seem to be short of contests lately."

That does seem to be the case. Why might that be?
Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste".

#3 Lord_Gandalf

Lord_Gandalf

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:06 PM

lol, I guess some could get away with that, but I dont think a client would be too pleased if they found out their work was just tossed on a forum for others to take care of for a fraction of the price they are paying.

Perhaps if there was some sort of "Private" board that could work.

• Guests

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:41 AM

there is a section for design team members only and if it is needed such a contest could be placed there, though personally I don't think that a client from offline would find his project here. If he could he would hire somebody online for a fracture of the price he paid you :)

#5 Axi

Axi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:08 AM

But why would someone go to an offline business for thier ONLINE site without searching the net first or after (having the possiblity of discovering DC).

• Guests

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:15 AM

it might look strange, but that's what many people do when they need a website. The only reason I can imagine - they are not familiar with Internet, but the business is growing and they still need a website.

#7 bigyou

bigyou

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:25 PM

Personnaly, my first reaction, if I was not a designer and I needed a website done, I would call a local design firm. This way, I would be able to talk directly with someone, face to face. IMO, it helps a lot when big amount of money are discussed. It places the client in a realtionship where trust can be set more easily, since we usually don't have in way to be sure of anything when we are doing some bussiness over the net.

I must say we did not have any way. But now there's DC.net and the garanteed contest !
Youan L. Gagnon - Graphic Designer | Portfolio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users