• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Kayz

Kayz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:00 PM

Hello Jlinds... thanks for the info regarding Avatars.... i really like this site especially the forums section. I do designs my self, i use: photoshop, easy flash's, gif's and screensavers.. but cannot go anywhere near those expertise that i have seen so far on some posts, I guess i yet a lot to learn. This is my second post i think, and have another 18 to make to earn my avatar, i can totally understand that but my main point is... it seems like newcomers are restricted alot more which i'm :( about. I went into the market section of the forum.. i had something in mind that i could sell or even barter for.. but was restricted as i yet have not made 30 posts... this is laborious. I think i still yet have to register my Paypal with the site.... anyways that was just my main concern.. i mean.. u know... i need 30 posts to make a post. I'm not telling you nor ordering you to, but just suggesting that i understand about spams and dormant members etc etc but maybe if the limit was reduced then it would be very nice... :)

P.S can u tell me what the highest amount of posts are (required) to access/(post) in all corners of the forum?

Great & Thanks!! hope to hear from you soon..!

'28' More Posts, here i come!!! (wish me luck!)

Kayz
(for those who get confused... i am a guy not a girl, dont forgett to visit my site and sign my guestbook!)

http://www.kayzplace.2ya.com :p

#2 LoriL1212

LoriL1212

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:04 AM

Hmmmm, I think that a thirty post count is a good practice personally. I am sure this site gets a nice deal of traffic based on the domain name alone - therefore, a mass of signups.

If you were welcome to right off the bat begin entering contests, and/or enjoying the perks (avatars and the like) I personally think that it makes the value of the site a bit less.

By making sure that the users who get the perks are dedicated users, that are not just here to post a few things and promo their biz, it is adventagous to the owner. As well, if any person that came here was welcome to enter the design competitions, it is harder to get the "best".

Quality over Quantity :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users