Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

10 posts required to participate in open contests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

We want to know our users. With open contests many users just go directly to submit their entries without even looking at the forums. But as you know the forums are a great source of information. A lot of things that you want to know have been already asked and answered here. But if the search does not give the needed results you can post your questions in the appropriate section. You can also use the forums to share your ideas about design, to show your works or just to chat about anything.

There is one small thing that I wanted to point out. If your "10 initial posts" are meaningless, we keep a right to set your post counter back to 0 and moreover suspend your account for a short period of time.

• Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

Gestaltungsbude, it's not the way to go. Your post counter is set to 0.

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

Thanks Resurepus I was going to ask you about the meaningless posts and resetting thise members post count. Thanks much for getting this rule going for all registered members

Like us on facebook

#4 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

good call Resurepus. ;)

I just delet meaningless posts..So if you see you have 10 or 14 or whatever posts and then you have like 3 that means your doing something wrong. ;)

#5 Guest_Gestaltungsbude_*

Guest_Gestaltungsbude_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

resurepus
I wonder why I have to post 10 comments during a contest. just start to entry the Non-Profit Civil Rights Group contest. just wanted to upload my second bill and now I am not allowed to do it? yes, my posts were meaningless but I think is unfair to close my access after I worked a whole night. Isn´t it?

p.s. is it a post which counts?

#6 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:23 PM

resurepus
I wonder why I have to post 10 comments during a contest. just start to entry the Non-Profit Civil Rights Group contest. just wanted to upload my second bill and now I am not allowed to do it? yes, my posts were meaningless but I think is unfair to close my access after I worked a whole night. Isn´t it?

p.s. is it a post which counts?

Simply put.. to many designers are comeing here and just posting up concepts with out reading the rules for the contests. So requiring users to come into the forum and make 10 posts might help them read the rules.
ALSO DC is more than just a contest site. AS you can tell it's also a community which makes this place different than most other sites. you'll also want to become an Elite designer and be able to enter in those contests.

I suggest reading some of the stickies and see what we are all about.

and yes your post is one that counts ;) it has a reason and could possibly help someone in the future. not just "cool", "neat", "nice job" those are meaning less and does not assist anyone in any way.

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

Well put Coy

Simply put.. to many designers are comeing here and just posting up concepts with out reading the rules for the contests. So requiring users to come into the forum and make 10 posts might help them read the rules.
ALSO DC is more than just a contest site. AS you can tell it's also a community which makes this place different than most other sites. you'll also want to become an Elite designer and be able to enter in those contests.

I suggest reading some of the stickies and see what we are all about.

and yes your post is one that counts ;) it has a reason and could possibly help someone in the future. not just "cool", "neat", "nice job" those are meaning less and does not assist anyone in any way.

Like us on facebook

#8 Guest_Gestaltungsbude_*

Guest_Gestaltungsbude_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

doesn´t really answer why u adopt it during a contest! means that it wasn´t a rule since the very first time.

it´s okay that you mention, that DC is more than a contest side and that the designer has to cherish it. But I think you also have to cherish the whole work which is at the bottom of every design independent of every lately new adopted rule.

#9 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

Gestalt, you'll quickly find that it's really not that difficult to reach 10 posts. You might even learn to love the site in the process like many of us do.

The reason it happened in the middle of a contest... well, we're almost always running a contest, so not really any choice. We had to start sometime.

Just read and respond, you'll have 10 posts in no time, and it's fun!
:) Brandy

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

Because this site (DesignContest) has contests running all the time there is no "good" time to start any new rule. Starting this new rule is not against you or any other registered member. If you think about about...what does "10" posts " cost you compared what you might win in the contest.

doesn´t really answer why u adopt it during a contest! means that it wasn´t a rule since the very first time.

it´s okay that you mention, that DC is more than a contest side and that the designer has to cherish it. But I think you also have to cherish the whole work which is at the bottom of every design independent of every lately new adopted rule.

Like us on facebook

#11 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

Please also remember, your 10 posts must be meaningful as Coy states above. We have a few users now copying and pasting the same post over and over again in an attempt to reach their 10 post count. This WILL result in infractions and a possible ban.

#12 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

It's getting entertaining to read some of the posts I'm deleting. LMAO..
Not being mean but the response really doen't have to do with the topic. it's quite commical in some cases.
This is not toward anyone.. just a statement. :D

#13 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

It's getting entertaining to read some of the posts I'm deleting. LMAO..
Not being mean but the response really doen't have to do with the topic. it's quite commical in some cases.
This is not toward anyone.. just a statement. :D

Comical, and highly irritating. ;)

#14 Guest_Gestaltungsbude_*

Guest_Gestaltungsbude_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

Because this site (DesignContest) has contests running all the time there is no "good" time to start any new rule. Starting this new rule is not against you or any other registered member. If you think about about...what does "10" posts " cost you compared what you might win in the contest.

compaired with the 21 hours which left for the contest... YES 10 post are a lot!

I just think, that you automaticly starts to read the blog when u attend on a few contest. But u will never start to read a blog bevor u are involved.

.. or why do exist this rule?

Edited by Coy, 22 March 2010 - 09:17 PM.
should be togeather.

#15 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

compaired with the 21 hours which left for the contest... YES 10 post are a lot!

I just think, that you automaticly starts to read the blog when u attend on a few contest. But u will never start to read a blog bevor u are involved.

.. or why do exist this rule?

A good place to get 10 posts is in the critique area. give some heart felt feedback. likes dislikes and how the poster can improve there work.

I have a few in there you can start with. :D

#16 Guest_Gestaltungsbude_*

Guest_Gestaltungsbude_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

A good place to get 10 posts is in the critique area. give some heart felt feedback. likes dislikes and how the poster can improve there work.

I have a few in there you can start with. :D

okay. I´ll have a look!

#17 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

i really respect that rule..and the very moment i joined here Coy told me about the deleting of meaningless posts & i totally understand that..i'm here for just a couple weeks & i have more than 30 posts already..it's really easy for the person to get involved with all this amazing people
greetings,
Selma

• brandyarnold likes this

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#18 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

okay. I´ll have a look!

in this area people are asking for information. Works In Progress - Design Contest Forums

i really respect that rule..and the very moment i joined here Coy told me about the deleting of meaningless posts & i totally understand that..i'm here for just a couple weeks & i have more than 30 posts already..it's really easy for the person to get involved with all this amazing people
greetings,
Selma

most of the fun on this site are the forums. A ton of information and everyone willing to help one another.

#19 Gery.M

Gery.M

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

Well, this rule is sick a little bit.:( . I just wanted to upload my design to the Civil Groups contest, and now I have to write all kind of posts instead of drawing and designing some logos. I respect the rules of the comunity, but this one I think it's more frustrating than usefull. Sorry if my opinion is to offensive, but I really don't like to make useless posts to any forums.

#20 Guest_Gestaltungsbude_*

Guest_Gestaltungsbude_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

Well, this rule is sick a little bit.:( . I just wanted to upload my design to the Civil Groups contest, and now I have to write all kind of posts instead of drawing and designing some logos. I respect the rules of the comunity, but this one I think it's more frustrating than usefull. Sorry if my opinion is to offensive, but I really don't like to make useless posts to any forums.

I think critique is useful as well!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users