Non-Profit / Charity Contests

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 websmythe

websmythe

• Designer
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:13 PM

I read the new rules, and noted the move to a standard submission layout in DT Contests. Is it possible that Contest Holderrs in Non-Profit Charity Contests be required to supply, at least, basic information regarding themselves and contest, when they post the contest? (see example below...)

This isn't a request for any new information, the good/serious ones already supply most of this info themselves because they're consciencious.

Sample contest Info...

contest Holder ID: Xziled
Type_Of_Contest: Non-Profit Design
Title: Entrance Logo
Deadline: Jan 15
Prize: $30.00 (guaranteed)

Company_Details: Website is www.Xziled.org , the website itself servers no purpose and will have nothing on it except for the logo created here. the webspace is used as ftp space only and will contain video footage and screenshots of the games Counterstrike and Eve-online

Colors: No specific colors. am not looking for anything specificly just something that looks good and possibly has some relation to the games that the site will contain.

Style: the design im lookin for is fairly simple as it must contain the name " Xziled " in the spread. Other then that nothing is specific, just looking for something that looks good and possibly contains the theme of the games being held on the website.

Backtrack URL: http://www.designcontest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2113

<burgers> So many choices, so little time! </pizza>

#2 will

will

Designer / Technomancer

• Designer
  • 763 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:41 PM

Websmythe,

We are working on new rules for the charity/nonprofit contests. In fact we are trying to make them all guaranteed for at least $25 and the charity contests will be posted by the admins instead of anybody.

Be sure is the next step of our actions. We haven't forget that our members go far beyond the design team and we will take proper actions to protect you there too as well as to guarantee the fair competition.

Thanx for the feedback.
Will
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it" (EDITH WHARTON)
-- NEW Portfolio --

#3 websmythe

websmythe

• Designer
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:09 AM

Thanx for the update. I'm one of thems that actually do appreciate the work you do for us.

Makes a change, eh? :-)

#4 websmythe

websmythe

• Designer
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:21 AM

There was another question I had on the same bascic subject. (It's what led me to ask the previous question above.)

Is there a reason why I see 37 posts in the Non Profit Forum when I'm NOT logged in, and only 12 when I am logged in? I got a little confused and thought there were a bunch of contests added since I was in last, which was yesterday :-)

Thanx.

#5 Ruben@Run2

Ruben@Run2

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 05:10 AM

Is there a reason why I see 37 posts in the Non Profit Forum when I'm NOT logged in, and only 12 when I am logged in?

In your User Cp, under Edit Options, you will find Default Thread Age Cut Off. When you are logged, it use your personal setting. When you arent, it use Forum default. ;)
:: Ruben ::
www.RUN2Corp.com

#6 websmythe

websmythe

• Designer
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 03:32 PM

Doh!
What a dummy am I.
Thanx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic