#21 k002

k002

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Simplicity is indeed often the sign of truth and a criterion of beauty - http://k002.deviantart.com

#22 MIHAI1984

MIHAI1984

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:55 PM

Nice entries so far. Some toughts would be nice.
Posted Image

#23 stephanielamb

stephanielamb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:28 PM

Nice entries so far. Some toughts would be nice.
Posted Image

I like the colors of this...they're very warm and comfy. That being said.. there's not a lot of contrast in your banner and this looks like something that I could look at without actually noticing it or reading what it says.
Try increasing the contrast of things a little? I see that you really toned down the sketchpad and hand, but maybe bring them up a little and put some lighter tones on the left side of the banner to balance things out.

#24 oaie

oaie

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:30 PM

Posted Image

#25 nardex

nardex

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:25 AM

my first entry...

Posted Image

comments are welcome..thnx

#26 MIHAI1984

MIHAI1984

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for your advice stephanielamb. But what i meant was some feedback from the contest holder, and not just for my design, but for all of them.
Also some feedback from the users would be nice.
This is Comunity Contest. Everyone can coment on a work piece.

#27 kvasaclimited

kvasaclimited

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:13 PM

This is my first try. Hopefully RL will allow me time for more..

Posted Image

#28 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for your advice stephanielamb. But what i meant was some feedback from the contest holder, and not just for my design, but for all of them.
Also some feedback from the users would be nice.
This is Comunity Contest. Everyone can coment on a work piece.

Feedback will be posted later this week, as I am busy at the moment with other things. I am keeping an eye on this contest though -- so don't worry ;)
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#29 rougefemme

rougefemme

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 01:49 AM

here is my first post, it seems that everybody is a little bit bussy with some other things but that can't stop us to post for this great forum!
Posted Image

#30 RonEStalls

RonEStalls

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:08 AM

Here's my header!!! Good Luck to everyone!!!

www.arstylezdesign.ca/dcheadercontest.jpg

#31 DisyDesign

DisyDesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:45 AM

Posted Image

This is a new idea I finished last night.
DisyDesign

#32 kvasaclimited

kvasaclimited

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:19 PM

Here is another onePosted Image

#33 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:25 PM

what a great idea for a contest! i'm glad you opened this up to the community. :) i'll be posting some entries soon!

#34 nardex

nardex

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:25 AM

another try.... :)

Posted Image

Free your mind.

#35 rougefemme

rougefemme

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:40 PM

a new idea.....

Posted Image

#36 xpu100

xpu100

• Designer
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:05 AM

Another one showing the process from scratch to the computer final

Posted Image

#37 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:30 AM

Wow Guys, some of these designs are excellent. As promised, here is some feedback for everyone:

GrimSqueaker: I really like your entry with the flowers, and especially like the one with the butterfly. you have done a nice job with creating something artistic.

DisyDesigns: You have some good designs, but they look very industrial. Also, try cutting back on the bevelling and embossing of the images, as they do not look that good.

RichardFoxx: I like the photo of the trees that you used, as well as the treatment of the logo/text. You used the default colours of the forum though, which are a little boring looking. Feel free to use fun and vibrant colours.

rinaldidesigns: I like the header with the colour swatch in it, very colourful. Unfortunately there seems to be alot of artifacts from the jpeg compression. Will you be able to correct this?

$partan: Very cool idea with the pencil! I love how the paper is torn, and I really like the treatment of our logo.

domvarano: The 3D treatment of our logo is cool - but I think the header looks very dark.

k002: Very funky design! If you could somehow treat our logo/name a little better, I think this look really good. Outlining the logo is connecting the elements, and they should all be separated.

MIHAI1984: Nice job. Your header looks very classical, and I agree with stephanie that the picture should be brightened up a bit to make more contrast.

oaie: Great idea with the men working. The "bump" in the dirt to create the period is really cool. I also like how our logo is being lifted and constructed by the crane. This concept really shows how the designers on DC.net work and support each other as a team.

nardex: Nice try. Unfortunately the red and grey looks too industrial also. In your sceond entry, the drop shadow on the text and the bevels make it very difficult to read.

kvasaclimited: The red outline seems too strong. Also, I am not quite sure what the background picture is? your second entry also seems very dark, and the use of bevels doesn't make it look that great.

rougefemme: Really cool font that you chose for our name. I am not sure what that is inside our logo though (a reflection maybe?) your second entry with the eye is really cool.. but I think that the horizontal black lines and the treatment of the text doesn't work.

RonEStalls: This looks very geometric. The addition of the sun bursts and white outlines of the shapes makes it all look too busy.

xpu100: Wow! This entry is my favourite so far. You have done an amazing job of connecting print and hand drawn design, with electronic design. I love how you have pointed the pen tool and the actual pens at each other. Great job!

Everyone: This contest has been amazing, and there is still time to enter. My advice: try to avoid bevelling and embossing, this is a very outdated style, and it will not fit in well with our new design. I look forward to seeing more entries! Hopefully I didn't miss anybody :)
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#38 xpu100

xpu100

• Designer
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:51 AM

Thanks Neupix?
I’m tying to show as much is possible the connection between the beginning scratch and the final phase on the computer. I’m confused with the location of the logo and the text. At which side of the header would you like it? Let me know if you have something in mind about the color combination or the one I used is fine? Here is another one - I changed the places of the objects to figure out at which side they may look better. If you need any changes, flips etc. – let me know.

Posted Image

#39 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:15 AM

Neupix :)Thank you for your feedback....yes, I can fix this, I need to reload my pantone swatch image, will do.(I guess I don't have a big enough) I choose these images feeding off your feedback, pantone swatch, we all use, kinda artsy, AND colorful, the gerbera, well, it adds organic, and the grey, used in designcontest.com and logo, because it 'balances' all the bright colors. Thanks again....:)
Posted Image

#40 grimsqueaker

grimsqueaker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:39 AM

Thanks for the feedback Neupix!
Is there anything you'd like to see altered or changed so that the header will become more appealing to you? Would you like me to try with different images and ideas perhaps? And if so, what of?
Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users