Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

DC Flash Header Design Contest. Deadline September 1st, 2008.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:20 AM

Contest: Header Design for DesignContest.net forums.

Important: You might have seen the original Header Design Contest. Now you know how it goes - new session every month.

Deadline: September 1st 2008.

Dimensions: 900x120px

Contest Description: The challenge is to redesign the header of our forums using the template provided in the attached .fla file. The template is very simple and leaves plenty of room for your creativity.

Restrictions: You must keep the shape of "DC" logo graphic unmodified! However you can change the colors and "DESIGNCONTEST.NET" text. Use the button on the right side of the header to link to your portfolio – this should be the only link outside of DesignContest.net included in your design.

You must be the author of all the graphics used in your header design. Clipart, 3rd party images, and derivatives of 3rd party images may NOT be used.

Comments: It is encouraged to comment and critisize in a positive way on ther members' entries.

Prize: Apart from counting as one out of three Community Contest wins towards instantly becoming a Design Team member, the header (and the link to your portfolio) will be seen by thousands of people - fellow designers and your potential clients.

This contest will be open for a long time, so this description may be updated as we get questions and input from you guys.

#2 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

Actually I've been busy working on a new header since finished "space". Although I think that this would be my last one... it's gonna be fun as always, so stay focused ;)
"Once you take yourself too seriously the art will suffer."

• Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:29 AM

you are kidding me, you are going to win third one in a row! Now when you announced that you will participate everybody will be too afraid of competition to enter! :) And yes, after 3 wins you automatically become a member of the Design Team.

#4 adammonk

adammonk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

A small question here. I was thinking of using After Effects for a part of my entry, but wondered if that was allowed or unless it's considered a little bit of a cheat.

• Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:50 AM

if the result will be a .swf it should be ok. But please, keep in mind that volume of the final file is an issue too.

#6 adammonk

adammonk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:46 AM

Ok, that's fine. I'm just experimenting at the moment so you might see an entry in a couple of days... or you might not. :D

#7 xorMedia

xorMedia

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

Actually I've been busy working on a new header since finished "space". Although I think that this would be my last one... it's gonna be fun as always, so stay focused ;)

I'm really excited, to see your next work ;) If i have time, i will work on a new header too ...
“How to succeed? Try hard enough.”
Malcolm Forbes 1919-1990

• Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

I'm really excited, to see your next work ;) If i have time, i will work on a new header too ...

would be great! Please, try to find some time!

#9 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

Extra effort is put in this one. Hope you'll enjoy it.

DC Header 3

#10 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:43 AM

Nice work, Maxson.

• Guests

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:31 AM

Extra effort is put in this one. Hope you'll enjoy it.

DC Header 3

this is great! Very dynamic!

#12 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:01 AM

Thx. What do you think about the "menu". Maybe it needs a little tweaking? I want it to be really useful.

#13 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

K, guess I'm on my own...

Few updates:

- shortcut menu links now are animated (simple "mouse over" animation)
- Mouse cursor now has animation too (two rays folowing and blinking, I think that looks kinda cool)

#14 adammonk

adammonk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:46 PM

Nice work Maxson, great idea with the menu! I'm stumbling on some problems on mine at the moment which is a bit of a headache...

How big is your swf by the way?

#15 Maxson

Maxson

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:26 AM

Thanks! You are not alone coz mine was a real headache too^^

It's 104 Kb

Edited by Maxson, 28 August 2008 - 06:28 AM.

#16 adammonk

adammonk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's good when you eventually solve the problems though, the only thing is there's another just waiting for you around the corner...:rolleyes:

My finished header might be too large in file size, but we'll see how it goes. Might have it ready by the end of today, or tomorrow.

• Guests

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

K, guess I'm on my own...

Few updates:

- shortcut menu links now are animated (simple "mouse over" animation)
- Mouse cursor now has animation too (two rays folowing and blinking, I think that looks kinda cool)

the updates make it even more cool indeed! :)

• Guests

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

adammonk, good luck with your entry! As for the problems, it's the point of this contest to find solutions for problems and learn stuff in the process. :) I am looking forward to seeing your design.

#19 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

I'm also working on a header but since I've never used Flash before, it might not be ready for this contest. It's a fun program to learn!

• Guests

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

I'm also working on a header but since I've never used Flash before, it might not be ready for this contest. It's a fun program to learn!

you don't have to win, the most important thing is to learn something new and have fun in the process :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users