• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

Details: My eldest son is going to be the RA in his dorm and are going to make shirts. It has to be single color. They haven't picked a color of shirt yet..

I've seen some cool ambigrams and thought I'd give it a go.
We/he have other ideas about the shirt but thoght this would be a nice way to try something I haven't done before.

Be honest/brutal :D
Posted Image

HITCHCOCK

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:48 PM

I actually got lucky cause I only really had to do half, then copy, paste, flip. LOL

#3 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:04 AM

Can not read it at all what I see is HoooHoooH, it is too unreadable to be a good ambigram you should make it sure you know what is says with out first saying it. I think if you ask more people they would all ask what is a HOOOHOOOH.

#4 brian_lsf

brian_lsf

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:29 AM

It's not really readable, but it's actually an interesting design

#5 NancyCarter

NancyCarter

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:39 AM

I *did* eventually see it, but it was very challenging. Keep working on it! I think it'd be awesome if you can get it right!
Blessings,
Nancy

www.NancyCarterDesign.com

#6 crisp

crisp

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:17 AM

Why "hitchcock" ?
Cheers!

#7 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:25 AM

Chung Dha - Thanks for the honesty. I plan on working on it some more. So far I have about 15minutes into it.

and I'm open to suggestions :D :LOL:

brian_lsf - Thanks for the completement on it's looks but it should be readable. Of course it's easy for me to see it since I made it..

NancyCarter - Truely appreciate the encouragement as it's my first try I knew I was going to need to play with it a bit.

crisp -

Why "hitchcock" ?

LOL yeah I was wondering the same thing, but a little afraid to ask.

he is wanting a rooster (aka-cock) in the design as well, probably go with a serif font for simplisty while I work on the ambigram and if I can't get it he'll have something.. So I'm not sure where the name is coming from exactly.. my first thoughts were like Alfred Hitchcock since he wanted a crow at first, but said he ment rooster?
I'll probably ask when I actually start working on the complete shirt.

#8 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

I actually doubt you can do a good ambigram with this name because I had made ambigrams which I look at which letter can be change into somethings upside down.
But shouldn't you just design a rooster as he has asked?

#9 brian_lsf

brian_lsf

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

I'm kindof interested in ambigrams and I just made a quick sketch in Photoshop to show how i would start this

hope it helps

Posted Image

#10 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:40 PM

Chung Dha - Thanks for the comments. I told him I'd help him make the shirts but the deal was he had to give me some sketches of what he wanted it to look like, Since I've been teaching him to draw since he was 9yrs old and he's able to. Then I'd come up with the "complete" look and show him how to redraw it in Illustrator. This is more a project to teach my son something then just to do it for him. I switched the deal to this since he asked me to do this and that for some other things. So I've been teaching him some basic Illustrator things. For this project, I'll have him do the "live trace" and then clean it up.
The amibgram is just my own little project that he was interested in. He does like the way this one looks and wanted to use it, but I told him I needed to do alot more work to it, play with it some and make it more legeable if at all possible.

brian_lsf - I like the way that looks also. My son also liked it. but said he like the "industrial-ish" look of the more squared letters. It does give me some Ideas.

Been busy and haven't played with it much.

Edited by Coy, 22 December 2008 - 10:44 PM.

#11 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:06 PM

Thought I'd shar the shirts he's going to go with. His hall will vote which one is made.
He didn't want to really change the ambigram and liked the way it was difficult to see. But I ended up doing something different with it that he liked.
Oh and the rooster came about while he was looking at some of my other designs.
Let me know your thoughts.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 cuatstri

cuatstri

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:13 AM

Thanks so much for sharing the post.

Laser liposuction before and after photos - laser liposuction price - How much cost tumescent liposuction?

#13 cuatstri

cuatstri

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:15 AM

Thanks so much for sharing the post.

#14 shefshef019

shefshef019

• Designer
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

First choice: shirt #2 - the text is still a little difficult to read, but I think it looks great design-wise and fits the grungy texture on the shirt.

Second choice: shirt #1 - I like the design, but I think the rooster should be a little darker (of course, that might just be the way the image looks in the post)
Designs by Jenna Sheffler: Professional portfolio
Design Intervention: Freelance graphic and web design
Technicolor Carnival: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry and gifts

#15 jiaix

jiaix

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

i'd consider 2nd, 3rd and 6th. grunge still rules and the dividing crack is a clever twist, can't go wrong with a bold rooster infront of a rising sun :p and the 6th just looks solid

#16 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

Thank you all for your comments. I asked my son which one they picked and now can't remember, but if I had to guess I'd say the 2nd or 3rd one.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users