&nsbp;

#1 davidbenpark

davidbenpark

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:53 AM

Hi folks,

I would like some feedback on this logo for a local record shop called Lost Records. Any ideas, tips, advice or even concepts if you are a highly generous soul would be greatly appreciated. The owner is very easy going but would like it to be minimal and professional.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks folks!

Edited by davidbenpark, 21 December 2008 - 03:58 AM.

#2 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:51 AM

Nice concept. But now let's resize it to what the actual logo would look like... Sort of starting to look like an eyeball being poked with a twig (imo). Gotta work with realistic sizes Dave ;)

My suggestion: Work with shapes or with lines; not both. As far as I've seen, linework and shapes should not be mixed willy nilly. Our minds expect consistency, so we should give it to them. Cheers!

#3 architorch

architorch

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:17 AM

Hear hear, _Redrum. The first thing I thought was "what does this look like on a business card or some other small medium?"

Cool thought on the artwork though. Oftentimes a less literal approach to the focal point of an identity is a good thing. Also, I tend to prefer your inverted version with the dark background.

One thought worth exploring would be to use that dark background behind the word "LOST" (without the artwork, just simple text, same font you're using), and continue with "RECORDS" next to it, dark text, no background. The contrast alone might be enough of a focal point to draw the eye to "LOST" in the proper context. And what's more "minimal" than a simple color swap? :)

Hope this helps out.

#4 davidbenpark

davidbenpark

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:08 PM

Hey folks, good points. Thanks for the feedback. I'll start working with your suggestions and post an update soon. I've not really got the fine art of logo design yet - always been more into wild, bold graphics - but it is very very interesting. It seems to be an exercise in patience, creativity and good process - none of which I have :rolleyes:!

#5 francisco

francisco

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:48 AM

Hi. I love the name Lost Records. I would suggest you to try to capture the look/spirit of the store on the logo. I don't know but it sounds to me like a rock store, so i would make a simple logo with a grunge look, i mean give the fonts or logo a subtle old/used look, something simple not to exaggerated and fake looking, like everyone seems to be doing these days, in graph design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users