• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Blu I

Blu I

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:58 PM

Here's the start to my new official site for my profolio.

Tell me how you think its coming along.
http://members.shaw..../interface.html

P.S Yes I know.... pre-loader coming soon!

Peace!

#2 bigyou

bigyou

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:43 PM

As you already mentionned, you need a preloader. ;) But how can you have a file that weights over 900k with only vector ? And there's no content yet ...

Now for you design, it seems to be good, but its hard to say since there's no content yet. I'd like to see how the content will interact with the motion present in the background of the content holder. I'm not sure having this behind text is such a great thing. But I only ask to be proven wrong.

I'm also wondering if there's a need for placing your logo twice on both upper corners. Once would IMO be enough since its size is large enough to be easily seen.

This being said, I think your on a good track. Keep going ! :)
Youan L. Gagnon - Graphic Designer | Portfolio

#3 Blu I

Blu I

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 10:31 PM

Thx for the comments. This site going to be very interactive. When first designing I did go with one logo but it seemed unbalanced. Also there going to be another character on the other side.

Now about the water Im not sure either but I do like the way it looks and flows with the site(so far).

There's a ton more to do with the site Ill post some updates!

P.S Yes I have to watch the file size, but it really not aimed at 56kers.

Peace!

#4 bigyou

bigyou

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:14 AM

I hope to see some of your updates soon !!!

I think you may try to just keep it simple as you're saying this is going to be very interactive. IMO, there's already a lot going on out there. But it all depends on what you are looking for. Do you want your visitors to put their attention on content or on graphics ? If your content is quite important to you, I would suggest to don't over do it. But then again, you take some you leave some, these are just suggestions.

My 2¢ ... ;)
Youan L. Gagnon - Graphic Designer | Portfolio

#5 Blu I

Blu I

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:20 AM

Actually I relized that the water effect is what added the huge size so it gone. File size is only 19kb now. This should make way for the small animations I want.

Hey I always lisen we dont learn if we dont lisen, but it also hard for others to see your vision when shown early stages.

Peace!

#6 bleutuna

bleutuna

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 06:32 PM

The font is too hard to read, and on the middle button the font shifts on the Mouse-over - very strange.

Who is that a picture of? You? Why? You're using too much gradient here, and not to it's maximum effect. scale it back some and tone down all the blue. You may love the brightness, but it needs to be tempered with the utilization of some muted tones - some grays, some browns, something that compliments and supports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users