&nsbp;

#1 voratel

voratel

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:13 PM

Hello,

I would like to become a part in the design contests here. I am new to designing, and only have two available templates for viewing.

www.voratel.com/template02b.jpg - Expanded version

www.voratel.com/voratelassociates2.jpg

I am very professional and starting a company at www.voratel.com which is launching soon. I hope to get a few clients at this wonderful community.

Please accept me, DC!
:)

#2 bigyou

bigyou

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:30 PM

I bet you'll be told to read the rules first.
Youan L. Gagnon - Graphic Designer | Portfolio

#3 Shyflower

Shyflower

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:33 PM

Right you are, big you. One of the biggest complaints I hear from clients is that designers don't follow directions. Along with knowing how to do the artwork and layout, members of the team need people skills to get along with the contest holders. If someone doesn't follow directions, that person won't get along.

#4 davidude

davidude

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:10 PM

Welcome Voratel,

Nice stuff... definitely good enough to be on the Design Team in my humble opinion.
I'm not sure what the fuss about not reading the rules is (maybe not enough posts or work samples) but exceptions have been made before.

If nothing else just enter a few contests and soon you will have enough work and posts to be considered :)
Sanctum Studios :: Graphic Design Solutions

#5 voratel

voratel

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:17 PM

Ok, I have my 10 posts. Am I accepted?

And thankes davidude for the comments.

#6 voratel

voratel

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:17 PM

Sorry, here we go. I thought that would by my 10th post.

#7 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:29 PM

voratel, you will not be accepted to the design team at this time.

As the rules state (http://www.designcon...hread.php?t=959):

- "Your portfolio should have at least 10 logo designs and/or 10 website template designs"
- "Any members applying for the Design Team who are not 1 week old will have their applications ignored."
- " These (10 minimum) posts must contribute to the community in some way"

Read the rules first - wherever you go. If you wish to re-apply to join the team, you may do so in one month's time. Any further questions can be directed to my PM inbox.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#8 voratel

voratel

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:39 PM

I have been here for at least, i don't know, half a year, not less then a week. You didn't know that? And why 10 designs? And then you got to wait a month?!? DAMN! What's the point in doing all of this anyways? To be like DesignOutpost? Or to be different than Yaxay? How many posts a day does this forum get? 10-15?

Just ridiculous. A contest holder could have had a stellar, outstanding design from me, but thanks to these "rules" he won't.

Thanks, DC. What's next for me? Banned? HAHA

#9 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:44 PM

There is no rule limiting you from entering contests - read them carefully and maybe you will find that out. We have not yet launched the design-team only section, because if we did, you wouldn't be able to see it.

Second - you joined in April. Either way you still posted 10 useless posts TODAY to get your count up, so as far as I am concerned, you joined today.

Why 10 designs? well its only logical that we see what you can do before we let you join the design team. Giving is two screenshots of two templates is not a valid sample of what you can do, and how you do it.

You are not the first person that we have denied, so don't act like it.

#10 voratel

voratel

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:50 PM

Why are you making a design team? I'm just curious.

And why does it matter that I have to be really good in your eyes, when you're not the one picking the winner? You have nothing to do with it. It's the contest holder's opinion. If the contest holder thinks i'm not good, then thanks and I will try to improve my skills.

I'm not acting like the first person that has been denied. I'm just trying to get my point across that this is a stupid idea. So, what do you want Penguin? A world that is empty of noobs? You can't always get what you want. I take pride in my work, and consider myself, a pro in my eyes.

It's not all about YOU.

#11 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:58 PM

You are the first person out of about 150 to have any trouble with this.

I am not going to get in a fight with you about the rules that WE created (yes we, the team of admins - thats right its not all about me). The design team is made up of people with skills - if we can't see your skills, then we can't accept you in it.

Topic closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users