• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 bsp

bsp

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:21 PM

Please tell me what you think about my new logo and if you think its off center because i do and i cant figure out how to center it in PS cs2!

Posted Image

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

It looks centered. but I think the square being the way it is makes your mind think it's not.
the BSP I think should be a little thicker since it'll not show up as nice when printed smaller like on business cards.

#3 bsp

bsp

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:33 PM

Ok thanks for the feedback!

#4 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

I think the reason it feels off center is because the letters in the square feel too slanted... maybe if you tried straighting them?

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

Hi There, hope all is fine with you.

Your red box is a letter off center Move the red box over to the next "T" don't center the box in the "T"--more toward the viewers left., Play with that just a bit and you should get it look more centered.

Now the bottom line is off center as well...the line-photography-line needs to be moved to viewers right about half of a letter. The beginning line on the viewers lefts should start in the middle of the letter "A" so moving this whole bottom lines and text about a 1/2 of letter should do it.

That should center this for you..

A super easy way to make sure you are centered is count your letters, to center your object or text below text count the letters before the object/text and after, this will show you real quick if it is centered. This works great when you have an object throwing the eye as you tilted red square does.

Hope this helps :)

Sharie

Like us on facebook

#6 bsp

bsp

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

Ok cool thanks since i am soo lost im just going to leave it unless you want to be kind enough and ill send you the .psd and you make the changes.....

Hi There, hope all is fine with you.

Your red box is a letter off center Move the red box over to the next "T" don't center the box in the "T"--more toward the viewers left., Play with that just a bit and you should get it look more centered.

Now the bottom line is off center as well...the line-photography-line needs to be moved to viewers right about half of a letter. The beginning line on the viewers lefts should start in the middle of the letter "A" so moving this whole bottom lines and text about a 1/2 of letter should do it.

That should center this for you..

A super easy way to make sure you are centered is count your letters, to center your object or text below text count the letters before the object/text and after, this will show you real quick if it is centered. This works great when you have an object throwing the eye as you tilted red square does.

Hope this helps :)

Sharie

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:23 PM

Ok cool thanks since i am soo lost im just going to leave it unless you want to be kind enough and ill send you the .psd and you make the changes.....

I made the adjustments, this is a jpg file. I did it in illustrator if you want different file format.

If you look at the red box you can see how much I moved it compared to the original also the bottom text is now centered along with the line at each end.

Putting this side by side you can see the overall adjustments, not very much at all, it was off just enough to throw the eye a bit.

hope this helps :)

sharie
  • Coy likes this

Like us on facebook

#8 bsp

bsp

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:28 PM

Yes it looks a whole lot better and please if you will send the .jpg and illustrator file to [email protected]

I made the adjustments, this is a jpg file. I did it in illustrator if you want different file format.

If you look at the red box you can see how much I moved it compared to the original also the bottom text is now centered along with the line at each end.

Putting this side by side you can see the overall adjustments, not very much at all, it was off just enough to throw the eye a bit.

hope this helps :)

sharie

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

Yes it looks a whole lot better and please if you will send the .jpg and illustrator file to [email protected]

Your AI file and jpeg file is sent, good luck hope everythiong works good for you.

sharie :)

Like us on facebook

#10 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

lol I wasn't even looking at the text.. just the image. Good catch Sharie

#11 lele7design

lele7design

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:47 PM

Hi,
I would agree with Coy about to make the letters a bit thicker but plus I don't get easily the "S" of the logo, to me it looks a more "d", I would definitely not make the line creating the S so that interlaced with itself...just because it confuse me,
hope it will be helpful

Daniele

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users